Home Precious Metals
Options

struck out with Half Dollars at the bank today, but...

I did get 5 Peace Dollars for $1 each. There were only $34 Face in Halves in the counter. No Silvers, but I ain't complaining today......

@ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.

Comments

• Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    WOW!!! What luck! image
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options
    fcfc Posts: 12,789 ✭✭✭
    i cannot imagine tellers not keeping them for themselves...
  • Options
    WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Holy cow!!
    We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • Options
    guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,241 ✭✭✭

<< <i>i cannot imagine tellers not keeping them for themselves... >>

I asked if she had any half dollars in the counter, she said she didn't think so but she pulled out a stack of 5 old dollar coins out of her drawer and said had some "silver dollars". I saw them and thought to myself those must be Ike Dollars so I declined at first. She went back to the back room and brought out all the Half Dollars they had in the counter. I politely asked to see the "silver dollars" she had put back in the drawer and she threw them down on the counter and I saw 5 Peace Dollar looking Eagles. I had to wipe my eyes thinking they were tricking me. She picked them up and said, "I haven't even looked at the dates on these. Whew, those are some old ones. That'll be $39 dollars all together with the Half Dollars." I promptly wrote the check and said thank you ma'am........

@ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    haha, you were smart to quickly pay and leave. She could have had second thoughts OR shown it to other tellers who would have told her to hold onto them! Great score.
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options
    Just when I was feeling good for getting a nice ch. bu 1962-D Franklin half today at the bank for 50 cents I read something like this.
  • Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Peace dollars for face, awesome!