Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Error Coin Prices .............

ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭
There really is no price guide to errors (yes there are books and sites) as many are one-of-a-kind examples.

Eye appeal has a great impact on the price of errors, as does the Date, the amount of the error, and the Grade of the coin.

Most error collectors have a good sense of what a particular coin is worth. I have followed prices on major errors for about 10 years, 95% which were ebay auctions.

I just put a new error coin site together ( see link below) with over 100 errors with a large amount of "type" errors. All done in the last week, sorting, photographing, uploading, captioning and figuring out how to do it all on the website itself. Wow that was a lot of work.

Anyway, If any of you so desire to check out my "prices" to see if I am in line with current trends. Note: these are not ebay pricing. And to see if my descriptions are error free.

My site of error coins is not on the level of Fred's but you need to start somewhere, and have something to strive for.

ENJOY and TIA

Comments

• Options
    Anyone out there??
  • Options
    I will definately check it out right now and give you my opinion.
    Plus bump the thread for you.
    Positive:
    BST Transactions: DonnyJf, MrOrganic, Justanothercoinaddict, Fivecents, Slq, Jdimmick,
    Robb, Tee135, Ibzman350, Mercfan, Outhaul, Erickso1, Cugamongacoins, Indiananationals, Wayne Herndon

Negative BST Transactions:
  • Options
    I think errors are different when it comes to pricing...for me anyway...if theres a cool piece I'd like to see, I'd pay a few bucks extra for it though it will never change in value
  • Options
    so much interest in errors i bumped this thread

• Options
    LALASD4LALASD4 Posts: 3,602 ✭✭✭
    It looks good, and the prices are negotiable, right?image

I will buy something from you if you buy something from me.image
    Coin Collector, Chicken Owner, Licensed Tax Preparer & Insurance Broker/Agent.
    San Diego, CA

• Options
    Nothing wrong with error coins! The little lady in my sigline owns this one.

• Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Always interested in looking. Not much of a buyer for errors unless it has a CC on the coin.

Nice looking site. Easy to view and navigate.

bobimage
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options

<< <i>It looks good, and the prices are negotiable, right?image >>

You betcha image
  • Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    I like your site, VERY VERY EASY TO NAVIGATE!! 2 thumbs up, keep up the good work.

I have not got into errors but maybe I will after viewing your site.
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options

<< <i>I like your site, VERY VERY EASY TO NAVIGATE!! 2 thumbs up, keep up the good work.

I have not got into errors but maybe I will after viewing your site. >>

Thank you, it was and is a lot of very hard work.

And amazingly I have already sold one error within days of the launch.
  • Options
    FullStepJeffsFullStepJeffs Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭
    Post pictures of both the obverse and reverse... it might get you more sales.

Hope this helps!

Steve
    U.S. Air Force Security Forces Retired

In memory of the USAF Security Forces lost: A1C Elizabeth N. Jacobson, 9/28/05; SSgt Brian McElroy, 1/22/06; TSgt Jason Norton, 1/22/06; A1C Lee Chavis, 10/14/06; SSgt John Self, 5/14/07; A1C Jason Nathan, 6/23/07; SSgt Travis Griffin, 4/3/08; 1Lt Joseph Helton, 9/8/09; SrA Nicholas J. Alden, 3/3/2011. God Bless them and all those who have lost loved ones in this war. I will never forget their loss.
  • Options
    66Tbird66Tbird Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭
    Easy to navigate and simple colors- big plus image

Do you take consignments?
    Need something designed and 3D printed?
  • Options
    Most of my coins do have at least 2 photos, both sides of the coin. There may be a few that do only show one side, in that case, (the other side ) would be that of a normal coin with the error only on one side. Of course, if requested, I could always get a shot of the other side.

As to the consignment question, well yes. If they go to my site, they may sit there for a long time however. If we go to ebay, and start at .99 cents, well then it will sell. I am a professional photographer so I would image your coins correctly.

All the Best, Chris

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file