Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Here something a little odd

UtahCoinUtahCoin Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭✭✭
My auction:
Here

His auction:
Here

When I first saw his auction my knee jerk reaction was that someone lifted my picture and was selling a coin they didn't have. But then I figured it out.

Are these coins twins or not....
I used to be somebody, now I'm just a coin collector.
Recipient of the coveted "You Suck" award, April 2009 for cherrypicking a 1833 CBHD LM-5, and April 2022 for a 1835 LM-12, and again in Aug 2012 for picking off a 1952 FS-902.

Comments

• Options
    STONESTONE Posts: 15,275
    I'm hardpressed to see much of a similarity!
  • Options
    ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭
    toning is not the same
  • Options
    AhrensdadAhrensdad Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭
    Sorry, no.
    Successful BST Transactions with: WTCG, Ikenefic, Twincam, InternetJunky, bestday, 1twobits, Geoman x4, Blackhawk, Robb, nederveit, mesquite, sinin1, CommemDude, Gerard, sebrown, Guitarwes, Commoncents05, tychojoe, adriana, SeaEagleCoins, ndgoflo, stone, vikingdude, golfer72, kameo, Scotty1418, Tdec1000, Sportsmoderator1 and many others.

Please visit my website Millcitynumismatics.com
  • Options
    WoodenJeffersonWoodenJefferson Posts: 6,491 ✭✭✭✭
    Only at first glance because of the year, mint and grade, but the coins themselves are on way different levels for a 64.

Is the S$1 in gray on your slab?
    Chat Board Lingo

"Keep your malarkey filter in good operating order" -Walter Breen
  • Options
    Sorry, I don't see it, but don't feel too bad. I posted a commem here awhile back that I thought had a super strike, no one else did.image
  • Options
    Same doctor? image
  • Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same place same year you see this all the time in Nickels to some years are all toned and some you never see tone at all it happens with morgans and others to, That is a Nice Morgan Utah.

Hoard the keys.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file