Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Bad sellers practices, block this one

Last month I bid on a damaged ANACS Slabbed Gold Indian and I won the bid on Ebay. The Seller refused to deliver because the coin was worth more than my ending bid according to him. I went through ebays dispute center and got my money back and left a negastive for the seller.

Coin I purchased

Now the seller has broken the coin out of it's ANACS holder and is selling it raw and without the ANACs data.

The Coin NOW For Sale again on ebay

I would recommend Blocking this Seller.

Comments

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I doubt he'll get any bids. Check out this guy's rating.image

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    theboz11theboz11 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭
    He got several bids with a rating of 1.
  • Options
    So not only did he not honor your winning bid you had to open a dispute just to get your money back?
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,534 ✭✭✭✭✭
    With a starting bid of 4K he will not get any bids on that listing. Have a numeric grade is the title is a violation as well -- so if the ebay drones notice, the auction will get pulled.
  • Options

<< <i>He got several bids with a rating of 1. >>

Let's see how he does now that his rating is zero.image

• Options

<< <i>So not only did he not honor your winning bid you had to open a dispute just to get your money back? >>

That about sums it upimage
  • Options
    He's not allowed to list a raw coin with a grade in the title like that...
    Have bought and sold on BST, many references available when asked.
  • Options

<< <i>He's not allowed to list a raw coin with a grade in the title like that... >>

theboz11---are you going to report him to eBay?image

• Options
    NO, I have had my fill of him. I've already given him a Neg, any further interaction with ebay would probably be considered harassmentimage
  • Options

<< <i>He's not allowed to list a raw coin with a grade in the title like that... >>

• Options

<< <i>

theboz11---are you going to report him to eBay?image >>

I don't think he'll get any bids anyway. It's a raw key date, 50% FB rating, zero FB score, and a high starting bid.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

I don't think he'll get any bids anyway. It's a raw key date, 50% FB rating, zero FB score, and a high starting bid. >>

Also, his pics show the coin's surfaces have been cleaned or polished. Probably an ex jewery piece.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

I don't think he'll get any bids anyway. It's a raw key date, 50% FB rating, zero FB score, and a high starting bid. >>

Also, his pics show the coin's surfaces have been cleaned or polished. Probably an ex jewery piece. >>

ie, POS
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    eBay nuked the auction...
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,809 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What a bum!
    The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options
    lkeneficlkenefic Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

It looks like he pulled the listing. Did he crack it out??

That's gutsy... or incredibly dumb....
    Collecting: Dansco 7070; Middle Date Large Cents (VF-AU); Box of 20;

Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,472 ✭✭✭✭
    well that was quick. The listing has been removed between the time I opened this thread, viewed it, compared listings, closed em, then tried to open it again!

He's gonna be pissed! image
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    AhrensdadAhrensdad Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭
    Already pulled. I've never seen anyone with a 50% rating. Only two transactions and screwed up one. Wow.
    Successful BST Transactions with: WTCG, Ikenefic, Twincam, InternetJunky, bestday, 1twobits, Geoman x4, Blackhawk, Robb, nederveit, mesquite, sinin1, CommemDude, Gerard, sebrown, Guitarwes, Commoncents05, tychojoe, adriana, SeaEagleCoins, ndgoflo, stone, vikingdude, golfer72, kameo, Scotty1418, Tdec1000, Sportsmoderator1 and many others.

Please visit my website Millcitynumismatics.com
  • Options
    crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,809 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you block a seller?
    The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options

Shouldn't be allowed to sell on ebay. I blocked him/her what ever it is...
  • Options
    dohdoh Posts: 6,457 ✭✭✭
    Auction pulled...
    Positive BST transactions with: too many names to list! 36 at last count.
  • Options
    No feedback? No bid from me.......

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file