Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

What's the latest on the fake Clemente/Chamberlain card??

I have looked for the previous thread where this topic has been talked about, and it seems to have disappeared? Does anyone know the outcome of this?

Comments

• Options
    ArchStantonArchStanton Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭
    I filed a claim through paypal. Despite my vehement protests, they said that I had to have the card back in ten days or I would lose my money. I returned the card and got a refund.

I am now looking for a real Clemente rookie.
    Collector of 1976 Topps baseball for some stupid reason.
    Collector of Pittsburgh Pirates cards for a slightly less stupid reason.
    My Pirates Collection
  • Options
    bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭
    Can someone please help me find the old thread?? The owner of the Aaron rookie has now discovered his card is a fake too!!!!!! I can't believe PSA would poof a thread that helps educate people about con artists???
  • Options
    The old thread is gone because people thought it was an opportunity to bash PSA. I would suggest the owner of the fake Aaron contact PSA ASAP.

I did get a resolution to my case, but I had to return the card to the seller.
    My Pirates Collection
  • Options
    storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Can someone please help me find the old thread?? The owner of the Aaron rookie has now discovered his card is a fake too!!!!!! I can't believe PSA would poof a thread that helps educate people about con artists??? >>

////////////////////

google

just bought fake clemente rookie

the first page is cached.
    Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
  • Options
    shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,567 ✭✭✭✭
    PSA really needs to stop pulling threads like the Clemente one. It makes them look incredibly bad. Is this Russia???
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PSA really needs to stop pulling threads like the Clemente one. It makes them look incredibly bad. Is this Russia???

No. In Russia the original poster would be sent to Siberia or worse. The government would use its power to either make the topic go away or put their spin on it. Anyone who made a comment about the topic would be monitored closely. This is a private company who owns and maintains this board. This topic can be discussed on other message boards or anyone can start their own board if they have the ability. I do agree it gives PSA bad PR, but it is their choice.
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    Do you have a scan? thanks

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    My Pirates Collection
  • Options
    ...saw this in your photobucket pictures... a classic face plant!