Home Precious Metals
Options

2010 Kookaburra

Hi Guys , i just got my Australian bullion set for 2010 , is there any reason this year they did not put the date on the kookaburra ? Its on previous years and this years koalas and tiger , why no date on the kookaburra ?

Comments

• Options
    CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,920 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chinese fake?

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,380 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a date on this one:

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    Thanks guys , it had me baffled and a bit worried as the Koala and Tiger both have a prominent date on the obverse.The Kookaburra has it just like Jmski52's example , i didnt see it , its there right enough , cheers lads image
  • Options
    DorkGirlDorkGirl Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭
    Yours probably isn't the size of a dinner plate like jmski52's......image
    Becky
  • Options
    lol thats true , i try to get one of each in the 1oz sizes from most countries issuing bullion.I was used to seeing a big date , i looked at it a few times and didnt notice it in tiny wee digits tucked away there.Jmski52's photo sure cleared it up , thanks again for that image
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>There is a date on this one:

image >>

Wait till you see the kilo kook.... got one, but no picture ... image
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,380 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yours probably isn't the size of a dinner plate like jmski52's......

Oh no, DorkGirl - that's not mine (although I wish it were!). That pic is from an earlier thread this week by Tdizzle. Apparently, he uses his as a silver frisbee, rather than a dinnerplate.image
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭
    what i find interesting is the mintage limit on the PROOF Lunar series for one ounce silver coins is only 5000 and there is little if any desire for them beyond novelty....not to steal the kookaburra OP but how come? the Ox from last year same deal...5000 available, one can still buy them, even the 08 mouse, yeah at a premium.

linky to proof lunar Tiger