Home U.S. Coin Forum

I think that the Lincoln Coin and Chronicles Flip is played out

Comments

• << <i>Did anybody catch the the price the coin vault had the other day when they had a few of these on? >>

No, but these are selling right now for $150.00 a set on coin vault: Edited to say on CV they are selling an NGC version PF69 NOT the PCGS.

• ElmerFusterpuckElmerFusterpuck Posts: 4,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just got my one set today, very nicely done and no spotting or nicks on any of the coins. The cents look especially nice. I'm keeping mine, prices be damned!
  • I believe the Coin Vault was selling them for $139.95. Sold them out in 2-3 minutes.
    I'm not a vigilante, I'm an undocumented border patrol agent!
  • ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,781 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Down to $120 now on the BST. Flip window is closing!
  • JedPlanchetJedPlanchet Posts: 907 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Did anybody catch the the price the coin vault had the other day when they had a few of these on? >>

<STRONG>No, but these are selling right now for $150.00 a set on coin vault: Edited to say on CV they are selling an NGC version PF69 NOT the PCGS.

</STRONG>

image >>

I actually like this presentation ... I must have Lincoln Fever! image
    Whatever you are, be a good one. ---- Abraham Lincoln
  • DeepCoinDeepCoin Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭
    This set reminds me of the Franklin C&C set. The primary coin inside is available elsewhere for far less money ($55ish) and the cents are all available in a proof set. Given the packaging is so nice, I predict a gentle fall to about $100 where it will stay over time. Not bad if you bought at $60 (have to remember the $4.95 for shipping), not good if you paid $180. Just MHO.
    Retired United States Mint guy, now working on an Everyman Type Set.
  • ElKevvoElKevvo Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We need a well managed holiday promotion to push the price up for these... image

K
    ANA LM
  • 19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,490 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>We need a well managed holiday promotion to push the price up for these... image

K >>

So should I offer a Free Turkey AND Free Shipping in the $138 purchase price of my set?? image
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭
    I'm keeping my six. I'll find out in a few years if they are winners or not. No one really knows but I think Lincoln is very popular. I doubt very much that they will be sold below issue price in a few years.
  • Classof67Classof67 Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>We need a well managed holiday promotion to push the price up for these... image

K >>

So should I offer a Free Turkey AND Free Shipping in the $138 purchase price of my set?? image >>

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....................free turkeys!!!!!!!image
    GREAT BST transactions with Wondercoin, segoja, moderncoinmart, notwilight, wingsrule, 123cents, fivecents, hunted, alohagary, ibzman350, WTCG, sonofagunk, amigo, coincoins, dcgolfer, chumley, nycounsel, tootawl, guitarwes, kimber45ACP, Zubie, Egger, RYK, 1tommy, EagleEye, NEFPROLLC, jmdm1194, Coinfolio
  • RYKRYK Posts: 35,796 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

K >>

So should I offer a Free Turkey AND Free Shipping in the $138 purchase price of my set?? image >>

Turkeys are expensive to ship. You might want to rethink that one. image

• << <i>I'm keeping my six. I'll find out in a few years if they are winners or not. No one really knows but I think Lincoln is very popular. I doubt very much that they will be sold below issue price in a few years. >>

You might get a spike next year in the fall when the Lincoln $1 coin comes out.
  • JedPlanchetJedPlanchet Posts: 907 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Turkeys are expensive to ship. You might want to rethink that one. image >>

"As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly ... "
    Whatever you are, be a good one. ---- Abraham Lincoln

<< <i>

<< <i>

K >>

Turkeys are expensive to ship. You might want to rethink that one. image >>

Turkeys encompass more than just a bird you can eat!

Perhaps some coins that qualify for "OMG, what a turkey!" would work? image

Nah!
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • 7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭
    stick a fork in it..................
  • i see the number of listings are dropping, i think this weekend is last call.
  • fcfc Posts: 12,793 ✭✭✭

<< <i>i see the number of listings are dropping, i think this weekend is last call. >>

last call for the flippers to make a profit worth discussing on this
    forum i imagine.
  • PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,958 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone know what they are currently bring on eBay?

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.
    "Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value---zero."----Voltaire
    "Everything you say should be true, but not everything true should be said."----Voltaire

• my feeling is, once the current wave of flippers are done flipping, prices will increase back into the $175 level

• << <i>Anyone know what they are currently bring on eBay? >>

I would say the avg price is gonna be pricing between $125 -$150....
    ......Larry........image
    Prices seem to have firmed up a bit today.

<< <i>my feeling is, once the current wave of flippers are done flipping, prices will increase back into the $175 level >>

Okey Dokey then! image

The name is LEE!

<< <i>Anyone know what they are currently bring on eBay? >>

LC & C Sets.

The name is LEE!
  • bestdaybestday Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>my feeling is, once the current wave of flippers are done flipping, prices will increase back into the $175 level >>

In this economy ..you all need a hail Mary pass
  • stev32kstev32k Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭
    Mine just sold in a no reserve low start auction for $125 with free shipping.
    Who is General Failure, and why is he reading my hard drive?
    Can we all finally agree that $400 by Thanksgiving is out of the question? image
  • bestdaybestday Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>You know, very smart people are grabbing these at $100!
    However I am not because I am not that smart. image >>

What was the Mint price ??
  • notwilightnotwilight Posts: 12,864 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Can we all finally agree that $400 by Thanksgiving is out of the question? image >>

Nothing goes straight up. If it does go to $400 by thanksgiving there will probably be some slow times. --Jerry
  • OneCentOneCent Posts: 3,561

<< <i>

<< <i>Can we all finally agree that $400 by Thanksgiving is out of the question? image >>

Nothing goes straight up. If it does go to $400 by thanksgiving there will probably be some slow times. --Jerry >>

The 2006 ASE Anniversary set went straight up and up and up......
    imageimage
    Collector of Early 20th Century U.S. Coinage.
    ANA Member R-3147111
  • TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,203 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Considering there are only 50,000, it's likely 15% will be slabbed, 40% will be put away, 25% will be sold/resold, and 20% will be given away (gifts for family , etc), and eventually re-enter the market.
    In that respect, it is my belief that "The Flip" is an important part of establishing "price guides". So, as much as moderns suck for some... they're part of the heartbeat of "the greatest hobby".

HE>I

• What was the Mint price ??

$55 + shipping

• << <i>Considering there are only 50,000, it's likely 15% will be slabbed, 40% will be put away, 25% will be sold/resold, and 20% will be given away (gifts for family , etc), and eventually re-enter the market.
    In that respect, it is my belief that "The Flip" is an important part of establishing "price guides". So, as much as moderns suck for some... they're part of the heartbeat of "the greatest hobby". >>

Do I have to concede to the fact that flipping establishes a price guide..???image
    ......Larry........image
  • SaamSaam Posts: 512 ✭✭✭
    Looks like they are going back up! May want to hold these for a while.....

link-1

link-2
  • cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,765 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flippers rejoice!
    Many happy BST transactions
  • BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is how it's gone for awhile on new mint release flips....

Sell-out occurs
    pre-sales flippers get big bucks
    once the items start getting received, prices go down as the ones who only bought to flip flood the market and don't care about the price as long as THEY get out
    Some of the buyers are other, bigger, flippers....they buy up the cheap ones and start throttling the supply
    Many times, once the initial, wimpy, flippers are out, the prices go back up as there are still those that didn't get what they wanted and there aren't as many on the market now

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• adamlaneusadamlaneus Posts: 6,969 ✭✭✭

<< <i>This is how it's gone for awhile on new mint release flips....

Sell-out occurs
    pre-sales flippers get big bucks
    once the items start getting received, prices go down as the ones who only bought to flip flood the market and don't care about the price as long as THEY get out
    Some of the buyers are other, bigger, flippers....they buy up the cheap ones and start throttling the supply
    Many times, once the initial, wimpy, flippers are out, the prices go back up as there are still those that didn't get what they wanted and there aren't as many on the market now >>

Interesting. I have to agree this is pretty much what I observe too.

The flipping seems so pathetic at a certain level, tho'.

But i'm talking as someone who purchased a single set from the mint at $55 and intends to keep it. Perhaps that is the most pathetic of all.

It's in very nice packaging. (I think i'm getting even more pathetic now)

If I keep thinking along these lines, i'm going to start questioning coin collecting again.
  • 08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭
    My observation of eBay auctions:

Items for sale peaked at around 460 current auctions. Now there are around 260 and prices edging up slowly from around $115-120.

Open boxes fetching around $125-130 with sealed boxes around $140-150.

Way to early to predict these prices but I think they at the bottom and after Thanksgiving we will know much more.

Joe

• << <i>Looks like they are going back up! May want to hold these for a while.....

link-1

link-2 >>

These 2 must have been 10 day or longer auctions, where a buyer bids weeks ago. The last 5 auctions to close tonight averaged $122.
    I think that these are on the rise again. Many completed sales yesterday in the $135 to $145 range and even three in the $145-150 range.
  • SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,949 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's good news RYK but I'm afraid it'll be all played out by the the time my second set arrives. That would be the one that was supposed to vault me into the ranks of the modern flippers.

The set is currently completing leg 3 of it's U.S. East Coast Tour and was last seen in in Milford, CT 9 days ago as it makes it's way to Sacramento CA.

(an order placed in the first hour on 10/15)

Thank goodness I have Zhu Zhu's in hand. image

edit spl.

The entertainment can never be overdressed....except in burlesque

• yesterday saw a few in the $150 area

right now the lowest BIN is $147.95 with shipping
  • Number of listings are cut in half from the high of 550, yet the last two sold for an average of $132. Seems like if supply is reduced price should increase. I say $80-100 range after the holidays, same as LP1.

• << <i>The set is currently completing leg 3 of it's U.S. East Coast Tour and was last seen in in Milford, CT 9 days ago as it makes it's way to Sacramento C >>

I like that it took 9 days to go from Northboro, MA to Northboro, MA .....Must be a huge building image
  • NotSureNotSure Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭
    They shipped it from Northboro to Northboro and took 12 days to literally go nowhere? Is FedEx taking lessons from the USPS?
    I'll come up with something.
  • LongacreLongacre Posts: 16,717 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Did we hit $400 by Thanksgiving? image >>

I need to check. I ended up just keeping mine (because I was too lazy to put it on Ebay or open up the time capsule in the shed and deposit it there).
    Always took candy from strangers
    Didn't wanna get me no trade
    Never want to be like papa
    Working for the boss every night and day
    --"Happy", by the Rolling Stones (1972)
  • PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,958 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What are they currently bringing these days?

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.
    "Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value---zero."----Voltaire
    "Everything you say should be true, but not everything true should be said."----Voltaire

• Seems eBay is still flooded with them. The highest current auction that has bids is at $131.49 with 11 bids and about 12 hours remaining.
  • BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,360 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Did we hit $400 by Thanksgiving? image >>

Not for me, but I did sell my friends, opened, for $135 before shipping/PP fees, so he was happy.
    I also talked to my son and we decided not to keep his (he shares his bday with Abe, so it would have been kind of cool) and are putting the funds into his college fund. Sold a week ago at a local show, to a dealer, for $155. No fees, no fuss, no muss. I was happy with that and so was he when I told him (he couldn't do the show because it was Grandpa's birthday and he had to go image )

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• braddickbraddick Posts: 23,764 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Played out?

peacockcoins

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file