Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

The Getting Married Sale! PCGS 1877 IHC, 1896-S Quarter

Phew, that's one long title, huh? Well, I'm getting married next year and it turns out that's not free. Who knew? I'm also re-focusing my collecting goals, so I'm cleaning house. It's a little sad to be offering some of these, but I know they'll make their next owners as happy as I've been.

As for pics, some are Becoka's great work, some are the original seller's average work and some are my very mediocre work.

Now for the boring stuff: all prices include fully insured, registered mail. I cannot accept Paypal on these, so checks or money orders only please. I'm pretty firm on the prices as on most of the coins I'm asking what I paid + shipping. I've had many successful BST transactions and never had a return.

And off we go:
1896-S Barber Quarter PCGS VF20 Purchased from JJTeaparty about 2 1/2 years ago. Here's their original picture and, hopefully, a better one as well. It is a nice, dirty gray example with no distractions. $sold

1877 Indian Cent PCGS XF45. This is one of those "fresh to the market" coins as I bought it about 15 years ago. It was originally in an OGH, but - before I knew what the heck I was doing - I had it reholdered to match my other PCGS holders image It's a beautiful chocolate brown with killer eye appeal if I do say so myself...much nicer in hand than in my pics. $sold

1916-D Mercury Dime PCGS XF45 I bought this from JJ Teaparty about 18 months ago. My pics aren't awesome, but this coin is killer. I've seen other 45s that are washed out and/or stripped of their original color and life. Not so with this piece: awesome dirty gray appearance with no distractions and even some luster in the protected areas. $sold

1876 20 Cent Piece PCGS XF45 This is a DLRC purchase. It's a very nice gray example that's well struck. VERY minor rim bump on the obverse at the 9th star. $sold

1836 Reeded Edge Half Dollar PCGS F15 A very nice original and unmolested piece. Whatever the real mintage is, this is a cool coin! $sold

1995 Double Die Lincoln PCGS MS67RD. Looks exactly like you'd expect it to: $sold

1819 ICG VF35...nice crusty gray coin: $sold

1830 XF...perfect look (IMHO), couple very minor ticks on the obv above Liberty's head: $sold

1909-S Indian Cent PCGS MS64RB Again, fresh to the market as this was purchased about the same time as the '77 listed above. And again, I had it reholdered from the OGH it was originally in. Becoka's pics really make it pop, but it does have a few minor carbon spots. $sold

Positive BST transactions with: too many names to list! 36 at last count.

Comments

• Options
    STONESTONE Posts: 15,275
    What a great selection of coins image

Also, congrats on getting hitched image
  • Options
    drwstr123drwstr123 Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats....so who's the lucky guy??? image
  • Options
    ajiaajia Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭
    imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

....getting married next year and it turns out that's not free.

That's what In-Laws-to-be are for. image
  • Options
    kazkaz Posts: 9,069 ✭✭✭✭✭
    sending pm...
  • Options
    dohdoh Posts: 6,457 ✭✭✭
    Bump! I've added some new - and hopefully better - pics.
  • Options
    TTT!
  • Options
    It's Saturday! Go Iowa!
  • Options
    Iowa won...Bears won....perfect. TTT!
  • Options
    Up up and away
  • Options
    BECOKABECOKA Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭
    What, no classic gold?

Oh well, congrats on the marriage thing, just wait till the kids come along, I would imagine that's about when the gold will be up here too. image
  • Options

<< <i>What, no classic gold? >>

Nope, I'm hanging onto that piece....for now.

I've added some new pics....up up and away!
  • Options
    Game 6 tonight....do the Yankees take it in 6?
  • Options
    joebb21joebb21 Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭✭✭
    hey buddy I wish you the best! Im getting married in 50 days!!!!
    may the fonz be with you...always...
  • Options
    Good luck Joe! I believe I'm 247 days out... image
  • Options
    In case anyone is interested, here is a slab shot for the 1909-S Cent which shows it with different lighting.

• Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great looking coins, not sure how I missed them before image

Good luck!!!
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    2 of those coins are right on the cusp for me.....nice!

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    Billet7Billet7 Posts: 4,923 ✭✭✭
    Great coins...seriously, very nice. Someone needs to buy them, so he can spend more money on his bride (and his bust quarters image)
  • Options
    Thanks for the comments, guys! Let me just bump this to tempt you some more image
  • Options
    It's 70 degrees in Chicago today! SWEET!

TTT!
  • Options
    Yikes....Bears are getting torched. Buy my coins to make me feel better.
  • Options
    I've reduced the coins as far as I can go. PM ME image
  • Options
    coin22lovercoin22lover Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭
    That 09-S Indian is seriously tempting!
  • Options
    PatchesPatches Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭
    edited, meant for a PM
  • Options
    Great coins, too bad you have to dump them. Cost my wife and I $40 to get married, City Hall, so we took the $12,000 or so we had saved up and bought a house instead of 1 day of memories. We definately did the right thing. Anyway, regarding the 20 cent....is that really a bump, cuz it sure looks like it may be a cud!
  • Options

<< <i>Great coins, too bad you have to dump them. Cost my wife and I $40 to get married, City Hall, so we took the $12,000 or so we had saved up and bought a house instead of 1 day of memories. We definately did the right thing. Anyway, regarding the 20 cent....is that really a bump, cuz it sure looks like it may be a cud! >>

We did something similar and had a pot luck for the reception. Worked out great and we did not spend a dime on food.
  • Options
    I'm selling these more to raise some funds for a downpayment on a house and other expenses. The wedding is more or less paid for and promises to be a heckuva good time

Anyway, this will probably be my last bump for awhile. I'll let this thread die and hang onto the coins...if someone finds this thread by searching they can PM me...I'll probably still have the coins image