Home Precious Metals
Options

Deak Perera?

While at a coinshow recently I saw a 10ozt Deak Perera silver bar (wrote down the name so I could ask). It was selling at the same price as generic APMEX style new bars. Didn't buy it as I was about spent out at the time.
Just wondering if I passed on anything special, or if anyone has any info on these. Nice older looking bar though.
I've just recently started stacking some silver bars but know very little about them.

Thanks,

John
Need the following OBW rolls to complete my 46-64 Roosevelt roll set:
1947-P & D; 1948-D; 1949-P & S; 1950-D & S; and 1952-S.
Any help locating any of these OBW rolls would be gratefully appreciated!

Comments

• Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    I'll let Agblox chime in as I didn't really collect deak items.

The deak I did see fetched a small premium, the smaller the bar the higher the premium usually.

I don't think you passed up on a super rarity but it would have been neat to get one and add it to the stack, something different than just engelhards or JMs.
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options
    halfhunterhalfhunter Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭
    DANG ! ! ! I just Googled Deak Perera and found THIS.

So sad.
    Need the following OBW rolls to complete my 46-64 Roosevelt roll set:
    1947-P & D; 1948-D; 1949-P & S; 1950-D & S; and 1952-S.
    Any help locating any of these OBW rolls would be gratefully appreciated!
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>While at a coinshow recently I saw a 10ozt Deak Perera silver bar (wrote down the name so I could ask). It was selling at the same price as generic APMEX style new bars. Didn't buy it as I was about spent out at the time.
    Just wondering if I passed on anything special, or if anyone has any info on these. Nice older looking bar though.
    I've just recently started stacking some silver bars but know very little about them.

Thanks,

John >>

They are of good quality, but not something we would buy or sell at a premium over any other good name bar.

TD
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    AgBloxAgBlox Posts: 744 ✭✭
    What John said. They are on par with JM & Engelhard.
  • Options
    MoneyLAMoneyLA Posts: 1,825
    gosh havent heard that name in ages. are they out of business? still in business? if out, what happened? if still in business, why is the name so quiet? thanks
  • Options
    I understand that Goldline bought the firm. I had a call recently from a lady who had bought a 20 ounce account from Deak Perera back in 1980, and was now cashing it in from Goldline. She wanted to know how much an ounce she paid for it, and they could not tell her. I told her that if she could tell me the date she bought it, I could tell her the spot on that date.

They were able to tell her that the account now had 17.41 ounces of gold in it after 29 years of storage fees.
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options

<< <i>gosh havent heard that name in ages. are they out of business? still in business? if out, what happened? if still in business, why is the name so quiet? thanks >>

Goldline bought DP several years ago.
  • Options
    secondrepublicsecondrepublic Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭
    I have one of their palladium bars, made by Engelhard. Pretty cool stuff.
    "Men who had never shown any ability to make or increase fortunes for themselves abounded in brilliant plans for creating and increasing wealth for the country at large." Fiat Money Inflation in France, Andrew Dickson White (1912)
  • Options

<< <i>I have one of their palladium bars, made by Engelhard. Pretty cool stuff. >>

I have one of these in stock, along with the original Engelhard certificate.
    Any idea when these were made?
    TD
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    <Deak Perera>

I got that once in the 80's after a trip to Chile........A shot and some uncomfortable questions and I was good to go. Not a fan.................MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......