Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Ebay Situation... opinions welcome.. long read

2»

Comments

• Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    He should do what the rest of us have to do and that is start his auctions higher.

He wants his cake and eat it too.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    I agree the OP should have read the description and pay for the cards however the buyer is also required to follow the Ebay guidelines which are pretty clear. I would not entirely let the seller off the hook and hit with a 1 on DSR.

What you can charge

* Actual shipping cost: This is the amount for shipping the item. It should be what you paid the carrier.

* Handling cost: This can include the cost of packaging materials and insurance cost, if any.

What you're not allowed to charge

* Related fees: Things like gas, mileage, time spent at a carrier, employee wages, or eBay and PayPal fees should not be added.

• Options
    This seller is eBay scum and one of the types of seller that are killing eBay and turning buyers off and away from eBay! I also would not let this go... He needs to be reported to eBay since he has admitted to you that he is using his shipping fees as a safety net to cover possible loss he will take at auction. I wonder what his shipping fees would have been if you won all the auctions at a much higher final bid price.
  • Options
    mtcardsmtcards Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭
    I think the issue is that so many people have little options to sell their items, they are "forced" to deal with ebay's policy and in order to not get totally screwed, use a little S&H as a "safety net".

It is ebay that has ruined ebay buying, that and people who are looking to buy a $100 item for $5 then gripe about the shipping being a few bux over the actual shipping charge. Reporting the little guy to ebay for his shipping policy is absurd. The OP and all buyers in general need to take responsibility and read the auctions. Causing problems for the small sellers is what is ruining ebay. The small sellers are fleeing, leaving nothing but high volume sellers and scam artists. Before going overboard and reporting sellers to ebay, ask yourself, "Who caused this issue? Was it me not paying attention or the seller?"

In the real world when you go into a store and buy something and it rings up what the price was, do you then argue with the cashier that they are charging too much even though you new the price going in? Ebay not be the real world, but if all business were held to the same type of expectations that ebay buyers have and regulations that ebay puts on sellers, you would see most B & M sellers going out of business.
    IT IS ALWAYS CHEAPER TO NOT SELL ON EBAY