Home Precious Metals

What Do You Think About These "Silver Bars" ???

Comments

• The "100 mills" scares me. Then it says .999 fine silver 1 troy ounce. I just dont know what to believe now, and with the plethora of "good" silver in the marketplace, i'd definately pass on this even at melt.
  • gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are not getting 1 troy ounce of .999 fine silver with one of those bars.
  • fivecentsfivecents Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Girls gone wild silver bar. I wonder what design is on the other side of the bar?imageimage
  • PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,296 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It sounds like it's plated with a layer of silver that's 100 mills thick. The 1 oz is the weight of the bar and probably not the weight of the silver content. While I like the theme of this bar (image), I'd be very suspicious of it.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Coll3ctorColl3ctor Posts: 3,310 ✭✭✭
    I'm just wondering how many people are thinking they are getting one troy ounce of .999 silver. Whoever made these bars needs to be *itch slapped as they are only intended to rip people off image
  • WeissWeiss Posts: 9,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have no sympathy for people who buy these. I just hope the same shop isn't churning out bars that don't say 100 mils on them.

mil 1 (mĭl)
    n.
    1. A unit of length equal to one thousandth (10-3) of an inch (0.0254 millimeter), used, for example, to specify the diameter of wire or the thickness of materials sold in sheets.

For example...

Mil thickness in plastic packaging material
    We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • AgBloxAgBlox Posts: 744 ✭✭

<< <i>It sounds like it's plated with a layer of silver that's 100 mills thick. The 1 oz is the weight of the bar . >>

That's 100% correct. They've been all over eBay the last few months.