Silver

Platinum

Palladium

Rhodium

Copper

This really surprised me:

Food and drink
Gold can be used in food and has the E Number 175.[13]
Gold leaf, flake or dust is used on and in some gourmet foods, notably sweets and drinks as decorative ingredient.[14] Gold flake was used by the nobility in Medieval Europe as a decoration in food and drinks, in the form of leaf, flakes or dust, either to demonstrate the host's wealth or in the belief that something that valuable and rare must be beneficial for one's health.
Goldwasser (English: Goldwater) is a traditional herbal liqueur produced in Gdañsk, Poland, and Schwabach, Germany, and contains flakes of gold leaf. There are also some expensive (~$1000) C-ocktails which contain flakes of gold leaf[15]. However, since metallic gold is inert to all body chemistry, it adds no taste nor has it any other nutritional effect and leaves the body unaltered.[16]

Comments

• Options

<< <i>Gold can be used in food and has the E Number 175.[13] >>

I've heard eating silver will turn a person's skin blue. I wonder if eating gold would do something similar?

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Gold can be used in food and has the E Number 175.[13] >>

I've heard eating silver will turn a person's skin blue. I wonder if eating gold would do something similar?

image >>

That's only slightly accurate. First, you don't eat silver, you're referring to colloidal silver, which is usually something you drink.

Second, it doesn't ONLY turn your skin blue, but your entire body - all of your organs, all of your cells are completely blue, through and through. this, of course, does not happen from colloidal silver in moderation, but overuse over the course of a number of years.
    To support LordM's European Trip, click here!
  • Options
    I wonder if eating gold would do something similar?

No, not if you melt it and drink it.
  • Options

I don't know about eating/drinking silver but I have heard that drinking MS70 will turn you blue..........different shades....
    depending on how much copper you have in your system......image
  • Options
    Goldschlager has tiny gold flakes in it -- no idea why. And in the 1980s in Japan, you could get coffee with gold flakes sprinkled on top.
    Lovely dimes, the liveliest coin, the one that really jingles. --Truman Capote
  • Options
    WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gold leaf is not uncommon on desserts in fancy restaurants. Those little, tiny ball-bearing looking silvery baked goods decorations that you can get at the supermarket next to the sprinkles and food coloring? Check the label: silver is an actual ingredient.
    We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • Options
    KonaheadKonahead Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭
    there is an ausie wine called "Gold". White wine with some gold flakes in the bottle. I have seen it on chocolate products in Europe as well.
    PEACE! This is the first day of the rest of your life.

Fred, Las Vegas, NV
  • Options
  • Options

<< <i>image

Blue Man Choo >>

Dude was just on the news a month or two ago saying he thought he was losing some of his blue color. (Of course, he looked no different on the TV from before).
    imageQuid pro quo. Yes or no?