Home Precious Metals
Options

How many of you ordered the 1 oz 2009 unc. Gold

OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
Buffalo's from APMEX?

got me 2 on order... about $80 premium over spot ... but what the heck .. you only live once. I'll be ready for the proofs when they become available from the Mint on the 29th...
"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."

Comments

• Options
    gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    The Buffalo? Been thinking about it. Premium seems high on any thing less than 20. AMPEX prices I was looking at.
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • Options
    Thinking about it. Too bad the service fee is so high on a credit card order 24 to something like 80 dollars. Crazy
  • Options
    Classof67Classof67 Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭
    Got in an order of 6 at $1112 each.
    GREAT BST transactions with Wondercoin, segoja, moderncoinmart, notwilight, wingsrule, 123cents, fivecents, hunted, alohagary, ibzman350, WTCG, sonofagunk, amigo, coincoins, dcgolfer, chumley, nycounsel, tootawl, guitarwes, kimber45ACP, Zubie, Egger, RYK, 1tommy, EagleEye, NEFPROLLC, jmdm1194, Coinfolio
  • Options
    67, where you buy them at that price?
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    FWIW, we are pre-selling at spot +$65, cash or check, cash and carry. But, you gotta come in to the store.
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    Classof67Classof67 Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭

<< <i>67, where you buy them at that price? >>

Apmex, they are back at $1112.36 this evening, price goes up or down depending on current spot.
    GREAT BST transactions with Wondercoin, segoja, moderncoinmart, notwilight, wingsrule, 123cents, fivecents, hunted, alohagary, ibzman350, WTCG, sonofagunk, amigo, coincoins, dcgolfer, chumley, nycounsel, tootawl, guitarwes, kimber45ACP, Zubie, Egger, RYK, 1tommy, EagleEye, NEFPROLLC, jmdm1194, Coinfolio
  • Options
    67, way I read it you have to buy 20 for that price. Any thing less $1,123each.
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • Options
    pre-selling AND cash and carry?

that won't work too well, will it?

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>67, where you buy them at that price? >>

Apmex, they are back at $1112.36 this evening, price goes up or down depending on current spot. >>

Only if you order 20 or more ... for 1 to 19 it's ..$1,122.96 per coin...
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,564 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>pre-selling AND cash and carry?

that won't work too well, will it?

image >>

Cash now, carry later.
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    ProofCollectionProofCollection Posts: 5,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gainseville coins (gainesvillecoins.com) has them at 1099.41 at the moment (bank wire price), 1123.60 by CC. Compare to 1123.5 at the moment with APMEX, plus more for CC.
  • Options

<< <i>Gainseville coins (gainesvillecoins.com) has them at 1099.41 at the moment (bank wire price), 1123.60 by CC. Compare to 1123.5 at the moment with APMEX, plus more for CC. >>

To bad Gainesvillecoins does not accept checks...bank wire charges that the banks charge are not cheap. (APMEX now up to $1,131 )
  • Options
    CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,920 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>How many of you ordered the 1 oz 2009 unc. Gold >>

Not me.
  • Options
    notwilightnotwilight Posts: 12,864 ✭✭✭
    For those of you wanting the gold buffalos I will have the raw coins and the PCGS MS70FS coins as soon as anyone and will meet or beat these prices. PM me about your preferred payment method. I will list them on the BST board when I have them. --Jerry
  • Options
    moonshinemoonshine Posts: 1,039 ✭✭
    can't you buy these from the US Mint??

• Options
    Mint sells Proofs not bullion.
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • Options

<< <i>can't you buy these from the US Mint?? >>

No. Bullion coins are sold through a few very very big distributors who then sell to dealers who sell to the final customer. Same for bullion eagles of all types. --jerry
  • Options
    At the rate that Gold is climbing ... the Mint's 2009 proof Buffalo ( at today's Gold price ) would cost $1,360 ...

Mint pricing of Plat & Gold collector coins
  • Options
    so did we figure out that gainesville is the cheapest place to buy? Does anyone have any experience on how long their shipping takes? I know apmex is pretty quick if paying with bank wire. (only way to go IMHO, considering price break.)

p.s. I am showing gainesville to be almost $14 cheaper per unit than apmex.

• Options
    Yes indeed ... I thought I read somewhere, that Wondercoin would beat all listed dealer prices, but I can't find the thread.
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,215 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone ever had trouble with Apmex?

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    At the rate that Gold is rising, by the time I receive my Buff's in late October, I would have paid melt price,image
  • Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,311 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>At the rate that Gold is rising, by the time I receive my Buff's in late October, I would have paid melt price,image >>

Easily!!!!
    Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    can you place order now/lock in price and pay later, when the coins arrive at their facility? .... or is that too much to ask?

Does anyone know exactly what date these buffs will be available and/or sent to the dealers?? (or is it just 'end of month?)

thanks

• Options
    GreeniejrGreeniejr Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭
    I can't speak to Gainesville's selling practices but in our dealings with them on the wholesale side they are by far the fastest pay I have ever seen. They are good, young and want to win your business. I have no reason to doubt them.
    Correcting what Tom said, we sell them at +65 for cash or a check and when we get them you can carry them. If you are interested PM me and we can talk.
  • Options
    KonaheadKonahead Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Buffalo's from APMEX?

got me 2 on order... about $80 premium over spot ... but what the heck .. you only live once. I'll be ready for the proofs when they become available from the Mint on the 29th... >>

same here
    PEACE! This is the first day of the rest of your life.

Fred, Las Vegas, NV
  • Options

<< <i>can you place order now/lock in price and pay later, when the coins arrive at their facility? .... or is that too much to ask?

Does anyone know exactly what date these buffs will be available and/or sent to the dealers?? (or is it just 'end of month?)

thanks

image >>

released to bullion dealers on 10/15, shipping to individual buyers week of 10/26

• Options
    57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭
    i have a want list on slabbed 69's from across the street via modern coin mart

i think they are of decent value at their price.

• Options
    Production figures up to 79,500 for the Buffs ... Where all of a sudden did the mint get all the blanks from.
  • Options

<< <i>Production figures up to 79,500 for the Buffs ... Where all of a sudden did the mint get all the blanks from. >>

Fort Knox, read the section under "Revenge of the looted coins"

linky

• Options
    Sold over 100,000 so far .... amazing how the Mint managed to get all these so called "hard to find" blanks. I suspect the proofs will also be plentiful, along with the scheduled fractional Gold Eagles coming out in late November.
  • Options
    imageimage

• Options
    USPS just delivered my Buffs from APMEX (via Express Mail) The Mint did a decent job .... The above FS Label fr Carlsbad...talked me into submitting some to PCGS

FYI ... PCGS F/S Coin # is: 413935 ... (I have no idea what the non FS # is)
  • Options
    FYI ... latest PCGS pop. report

MS 69 FS ......... 1965
    MS 70 FS ......... 5213
    Total ............... 7,178
    One week figures .... PCGS is "laughing all the way to the bank on this one." Should definitely help their bottom line.

Looks like these will only be worth slightly over melt before long.
  • Options
    57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭
    agree OPA
  • Options
    ProofCollectionProofCollection Posts: 5,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My 2 buffs from APMEX were so dinged up they won't even make MS69...
  • Options

<< <i>My 2 buffs from APMEX were so dinged up they won't even make MS69... >>

I'm not sure, but I believe they have a return policy ... suggest you give them a call.
  • Options

Apmex grades coins so it is likely you get the ones they chose not to submit. If you are looking for a graded buffalo, you're most cost effective option is often to go with a bulk submitter (like me). But I understand the "thrill of the chase" doing it yourself. --Jerry
  • Options

<< <i>

I'm not sure, but I believe they have a return policy ... suggest you give them a call. >>

I don't think so on bullion. --Jerry
  • Options
    JazzmanJABJazzmanJAB Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭✭
    I got mine on the Bay. Free Shipping.
    BIN for $1200.00 less 8% with Bing, last week. Net $1,104.00
    Received Saturday. OGP
  • Options

<< <i>
    Looks like these will only be worth slightly over melt before long. >>

The Ebay supply of these coins seems normal to light. What if 90% of these coins in the pop report go to TV and sell for $2000 each? What will that do to the price? --Jerry
  • Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are so many factors affecting pricing on these PCGS coins. You reference one of them. On top of that, before I submitted a single raw coin to PCGS, I screened them down to the "perfect" ones in my view. I had no interest in submitting coins to PCGS that would only grade MS69. Whether I was the only one who did that or one of many - who knows. But, one should be careful in simply looking at reported pop report figures on coins such as these. And, then there is the price of raw gold - if it does keep rising the way it has been these past couple days, perhaps the "70's" will have nearly all of there value tied to gold spot (but, in a good way)!

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    Traded 60 raw eagles strait up with Tulving for 60 2009 PCGS MS69 First Strike buffalos. Very happy with the trade, much rather have my personal stash certified. Bought 20 raw and NGC only saw a 70 in seven of them (35% success).

Jerry, what was your percentage of 70's with PCGS, their pop report only shows one coin graded?

• Options
    APMEX has PCGS MS70 F/S available for $1,320 .... MS69's F/S .... $1,210.59 ....Definitely not a coin for the flippers, no $$$ to be made.APMEX
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I kept resisting the urge to buy any of these, and I still haven't bit.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    Yeah, I wonder about the deal from Tulving. Now, all of a sudden, somebody wants 22K Eagles rather than 24K gold? What gives? He's scarfing up proof GAEs, too.
    Salute the automobile: The greatest anti-pollution device in human history!
    (Just think of city streets clogged with a hundred thousand horses each generating 15 lbs of manure every day...)