Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

Top 12 Basketball cards of all time for SALE

All cards are "top 200 sports cards" according to Joe Orlando (if that means anything!)

PM me or email me at davemri@yahoo.com
These are the top 12 Basketball cards of all time IMO........

1948 Bowman George Mikan PSA 1 $ SOLD
1957 Topps Bob Cousy PSA 6$280
1957 Topps Bill Russell PSA 4 $ SOLD
1961 Fleer Elgin Baylor PSA 6 $200
1961 Fleer Wilt Chamberlain PSA 6 $630
1961 Fleer Oscar Robertson PSA 6 $260
1961 Fleer Jerry West PSA 6 $275
1969 Topps Lew Alcindor PSA 6 $190
1970 Topps Pete Maravich PSA 6 $150
1972 Topps Julius Erving PSA 7 $ SOLD
1981 Topps Bird/Magic PSA 8 $220
1986 Fleer Michael Jordan PSA 8 $SOLD

Dave

FINISHED 12/8/2008!!!

Comments

• Options
    love the mikan..sadly i have nothing to trade for it...lol
    my t-205's

looking for low grade t205's psa 1-2
  • Options
    bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭
    I like the Wilt.....PM me....
  • Options
    AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭✭
    wow Dave those are great cards!
    Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options
    gregmo32gregmo32 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭
    What is the VCP on the Mikan?
    I am buying and trading for RC's of Wilt Chamberlain, George Mikan, Bill Russell, Oscar Robertson, Jerry West, and Bob Cousy!
    Don't waste your time and fees listing on ebay before getting in touch me by PM or at gregmo32@aol.com !
  • Options
    DavemriDavemri Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭
    Only 1 shown for $541 over 2 years ago, but I would need $800 in trade value for it.

8/25/07 eBay emmetsgirl1921 1989gsxr750 12 $541.00

FINISHED 12/8/2008!!!
  • Options
    Bump to put all these cards for sale.

Check or MO preferred.

Dave

FINISHED 12/8/2008!!!
  • Options
    PSA 8 Bird RC's selling for $140- $190 on Ebay
  • Options
    Then buy one off ebay.....

I am well aware of prices realized and I know what I have to get from mine to not lose money.

FINISHED 12/8/2008!!!
  • Options
    And by the way, The last one sold for $218 shipped.

Link

FINISHED 12/8/2008!!!
  • Options
    sometimes you have to lose money to move inventory. why not put these up on Ebay with BUY IT NOWs. i'd wager you would get some sales.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,795 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>sometimes you have to lose money to move inventory. why not put these up on Ebay with BUY IT NOWs. i'd wager you would get some sales. >>

That is true but he is his own manager of his cards.

I have been in the same boat as Dave regarding bottom line prices, its a tough situation willing to accept losses to move inventory.

Good luck with your sales Dave- I bet your looking to get some cash for the Big Game Auction? If so Me too, tons of sweeeet looking stuff in there! I been haggling on selling some of my cards as well.
  • Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some nice cards there Dave...I really like the Mikan. It's a very nice looking PSA 1...image

Good luck with the sales...Donato
    Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • Options
    corvette1340corvette1340 Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭
    good luck.
  • Options
    Any interest in a 54-55 Topps Hockey Gordie Howe PSA 4?
    Trying to climb the 1954-55 Topps Hockey ladder for the second time.

• Options
    markj111markj111 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Then buy one off ebay.....

I am well aware of prices realized and I know what I have to get from mine to not lose money. >>

Testy aren't we?

The market changes. I own plenty of cards that would not sell for what I paid, but then I have no plan to sell them. Stuff happens. As a buyer, I want to pay a fair price as determined by the market. What you have in the cards is irrelevant. You are trying to get above VCP, without even investing in the Ebay fees. If your cards are high end for the grade, it might work. You are far more likely to find a sucker on Ebay, with its much larger, and presumably less informed, audience.
  • Options
    good luck with your sales, didnt mean to give you any grief.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Then buy one off ebay.....

I am well aware of prices realized and I know what I have to get from mine to not lose money. >>

Testy aren't we?

The market changes. I own plenty of cards that would not sell for what I paid, but then I have no plan to sell them. Stuff happens. As a buyer, I want to pay a fair price as determined by the market. What you have in the cards is irrelevant. You are trying to get above VCP, without even investing in the Ebay fees. If your cards are high end for the grade, it might work. You are far more likely to find a sucker on Ebay, with its much larger, and presumably less informed, audience. >>

Great response! Thats like me trying to sell a 1985 McGuire for $100 just because thats what it cost me 10 years ago.image
  • Options
    Sorry guys, but I don't "need" to sell any of these.

I don't really see why a response is needed if you don't like my prices.

FINISHED 12/8/2008!!!
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭
    i agree dave they are your cards and if thats the price you want then that's it. you will get it eventually and its nice that you don't have to sell them. i just sold some 55 AA that i held on to for a year or so until i got what i wanted.

i only wish i had an extra $1000 lying around for the cousy and russell, they seem like fair prices to me.

good luck with them
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    aro13aro13 Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭
    Dave - PM sent.
  • Options
    Bump...Prices lowered.

FINISHED 12/8/2008!!!
  • Options
    bump to reflect a couples sales...

Plus...every remaining card prices lowered.

FINISHED 12/8/2008!!!
  • Options
    bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭

<< <i>if thats the price you want then that's it. you will get it eventually >>

Is that always true!?!?!?!?!?!?
  • Options
    bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>if thats the price you want then that's it. you will get it eventually >>

Is that always true!?!?!?!?!?!? >>

Well, as long as inflation still exists.... image
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭
    Forget supply/demand, eBay/VCP and any other argument you want to make. People are free to ask what they wish for anything they sell without the need for a reason or an accurate representation of "market value." I'm so sick of the same people always having a comment about someone's asking prices or reasons for selling and bashing honest sellers that may be asking prices higher than the norm. Who died and left you the pricing police?

ATTENTION: Not everyone here NEEDS to sell their cards. Not everyone here CARES whether they make or lose money. If you don't like the prices, there's no need to comment on them. If you like the prices, step up an buy them.

VCP isn't a Bible and too many try to use it as leverage to justify low balling a card OR justifying an inflated price.

While I enjoy making a profit on the cards I sell, I understand that there will be some that I will take a loss on IF I decide to sell them. That is my prerogative. I can also ask more for them than the market will typically bear with the knowledge that they probably won't sell. That, too, is my prerogative.
  • Options
    Well said Scott....

Bump to edit a few more sales.

Dave

FINISHED 12/8/2008!!!