Home Metal Detecting
Options

is central park ?

in manhattan ok to detect there?

Comments

• Options
    I don't know but I'd be real careful of where I shot if I did hunt there.
    I heard people use that park.
    What sort of game is in the park, anyway?
    Deer? Black bear?

Ray
  • Options
    ormandhormandh Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭
    I would say not. But, I think that it would definitely be wise to contact the officials there to find out. I frequent the playground areas near the outcroppings of rocks and have found paneled glass and VERY often found coins on the ground dating from the 60's and 70's. I would definitely think that is prime ground, but again, I really think that it would be shunned against. Let us know how you fair because I am only a train ride away! image -Dan
  • Options
    laserartlaserart Posts: 2,255
    I wouldn't hesitate to shoot there, lots of people shoot there. Hell, some even shoot other people.
    "If I had a nickel for every nickel I ever had, I'd have all my nickels back".
  • Options
    under park rules and regulations it is not allowed.however sundays might be a good day to sneek a peek..........
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heck, they do everything else there, illicit sex, drug deals etc..... MD'ing should be welcomed. No large game in the park, but skunks and raccoons have been observed. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    laserartlaserart Posts: 2,255
    and coyotes
    "If I had a nickel for every nickel I ever had, I'd have all my nickels back".