Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Siver Eagles 2009

Any word ASE 2009? I havent read anything??

Comments

• Options
    ClosedLoopClosedLoop Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭
    nothing yet.

what I don't get is the mint will look to produce a 5oz. silver national parks coin but they
    can't produce a 1oz. ASE (W).
    figglehorn
  • Options
    Lab, I believe if these become available it will dominate the first page of the forum for days on end! image Just check back each week, I'm sure the Mint will make an announcement before (if) they go on sale. Stay tuned.
  • Options
    I have one week and one day left from my prediction of an annoucement. Its coming soon. I can feel it!
  • Options
    I wonder how many subscriptions are in place for these???????

Mine are there

• Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

Mine are in place. Probably more than I can afford.
  • Options

Mint order taker saying that there will be 2009w silver eagles this year.
  • Options

I have called the mint 3 times and have gotten 3 different answers. One said she was not sure.
    The second said yes.
    The third said he did not think so but he could be mistaken.

They still don't have a clue , do they.
  • Options
    Why doesn't somebody with some stroke just call up the Moy and ask ????

• Options

As if he would tell you.
  • Options
    As if he would know.....
  • Options
    Thanks for all the information.....I guess its the wait and see game.....thanks again
  • Options

<< <i>Thanks for all the information.....I guess its the wait and see game.....thanks again >>

Wait and see was over yesterday as stated in multiple other threads.....

No ASE W's this year...
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had not seen that announcement yet... I was on the mint site yesterday. Guess I better go back there... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    The mint let the cat out of the bag....
    NO MORE ASEs for 2009......
    PITYimage
  • Options

Really dumb move on the mints part. You can't tell me they could not find enough silver or time to make a few hundred thousand coins.

They have backlogs of coins made that they will not even be releasing for years to come.
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,472 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Really dumb move on the mints part. You can't tell me they could not find enough silver or time to make a few hundred thousand coins.

They have backlogs of coins made that they will not even be releasing for years to come. >>

One mustn't confuse circulating coinage backlogs (which, BTW, are with the FRB) with bullion coins. All the SAE's they have made were made to order otherwise we'd have our collectibles.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options

They are still idiots.
  • Options
    They need to get back to releasing the Proof (and Unc W's) ASE's in January. Mint what makes "the Mint" profitable, bullion demand can follow.
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,849 ✭✭✭✭✭
    State by state, we're in a sorry one.
  • Options
    Here is the reason folks:

The precious metal content MUST come from metals mined in THIS country or its territories!

Under the "Public Law 99-185" dated Dec 17th, 1985 known as "The Gold Bullion Act of 1985":

“(3) The Secretary shall acquire gold for the coins issued under section 5112(i) of this title by purchase of gold mined from natural deposits in the United States, or in a territory or possession of the United States, within one year after the month in which the ore from which it is derived was mined. The Secretary shall pay not more than the average world price for the gold. In the absence of available supplies of such gold at the average world price, the Secretary may use gold from reserves held by the United States to mint the coins issued under section 5112(i) of this title. The Secretary shall issue such regulations as may be necessary to carry out this paragraph”.

Silver Eagles were authorized under the same act so despite what everyone feels, the metal (and planchets) for the coins are under strict regulation and simply cannot be purchased from any vendor.

A bit of a correction, the Silver Eagles were authorized under The Liberty Coin Act of July 9, 1985 but the wording is supposed to be the same.

Still searching ......
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    I could be wrong but the mint would have made more $ by making the proofs and not the uncs. I guess the gubment grew some new homemade silver in time for the 5 oz commems.
  • Options

<< <i>I could be wrong but the mint would have made more $ by making the proofs and not the uncs. I guess the gubment grew some new homemade silver in time for the 5 oz commems. >>

On the contrary. the government is not mandated by law to purchase the silver for ANY coin or commemorative they produce from Silver mined in this country. For those other products they can and do go outside the United States to purchase the blanks:

The Silver and Gold Eagles are quite different which accounts for not producing any of the proof version this year. So far tha is!

It is important to NOT confuse this fact.

Silver Proofs and Commemoratives Blanks can be bought ANYWHERE

Silver Eagle Blanks can ONLY be made from Silver mined with in the United States or its Territories and it must be minted within a year of it being initially mined.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    I'm just going by what you posted, the Mint either has silver or it doesnt. Its one or the other. To say they dont have enough silver for silver proofs but announce 5 oz commem rounds for 2010 is either a lie by the mint or they just ran out of time.
  • Options

<< <i>I'm just going by what you posted, the Mint either has silver or it doesnt. Its one or the other. To say they dont have enough silver for silver proofs but announce 5 oz commem rounds for 2010 is either a lie by the mint or they just ran out of time. >>

You do understand that the US Mint no longer produces silver planchets but must "buy" them from private contractors?

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    yes I do understand..The mint didnt have the brains to buy enough silver for 2009 so do me a favor and save the headbanging bs, you clown.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file