Home Metal Detecting
Options

Just getting started and advise?

bought a metal detector on tuesday and searched my yard. Is finding a horse shoe the first time out good luck??

Comments

• Options
    should be unless the horse is next..
  • Options
    ok second afternoon of searching.....found a nail and some other scrap. There is a plantation down the road, but deer hunting season comes in this weekend, maybe I can get down there on sunday!
  • Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bury some different coins in the ground and find out how they read or sound on your detector. Lay a gold ring down an find out what you have to have your machine set on to find it. I personally use a screwdriver instead of a knife when I detect in parks or places where you don't what to leave a big brown circle. In a field or in the woods would be a different story. Be patient finds will come your way.
  • Options
    MICHAELDIXONMICHAELDIXON Posts: 6,407 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...but deer hunting season comes in this weekend

You better wear an orange vest and not make any noise! image
    Spring National Battlefield Coin Show is April 12-13, 2024 at the Eisenhower Hotel in Gettysburg, PA. WWW.AmericasCoinShows.com
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, you got your detector... now the fun begins... learning the settings, learning the sounds, sweep speed etc. What kind of detector did you get?? HH Cheers, RickO