Home Metal Detecting
Options

is this common ?

those funny stares you get when your on a hunt and wearing all the neccesary gear you might need for the day . no matter where you might find yourself.in a park,beach,school yard,or empty lot.it seems the only place i dont encounter this is when im hunting a old graveyard.considering im usually there by myself.......well sort of lol.

Comments

• Options
    pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭✭
    haha, I usually feel that I'm getting strange looks too. But most people are actually interested so they're trying to see what's happening. Sort of like someone fishing...
    I own a "Pistol Probe" which sort of looks like a gun in a holster. I keep waiting for someone to call the cops on me though, haha.

I had a heard of 3 kids today that kept following me around. Finally I said I had to go, haha. I will just go back another day. Usually though I just keep to myself and they're no harm... just like dealing with bees and wild animals!
  • Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't worry about the funny stares. I'm having fun doing what I'm doing. For the most part I'm not usually in an area where there are lots of people.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't let the stares bother you, mostly curious people wondering what you are finding. After a while, you just won't care. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    laserartlaserart Posts: 2,255
    Have you found anything in the old graveyards?
    "If I had a nickel for every nickel I ever had, I'd have all my nickels back".
  • Options
    my graveyard finds have been little to nothing worth bragging about.