Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Getting Close to 12 Noon. Anybody buying???????

2009 United States Mint Uncirculated Coin Set® (U09)

Price: $27.95

This product will be available for sale
on October 1, 2009 at 12:00 Noon (ET).

The 2009 United States Mint Uncirculated Coin Set contains two folders of 18 coins each, one from the United States Mint at Denver and the other from the United States Mint at Philadelphia, for a total of 36 coins.

Comments

• Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭
    This would be a hot item if the nickels and dimes were regular business strikes, I think. That they are special satin finishes make it a ho-hum for me.
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe tommorrow.
  • Options
    Saving my money for coin show in Sacramento on Friday.
  • Options
    OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are the 2009 Mint Sets the only sets that will contain uncirculated cents made of 95% copper? This would make them a winner in my book. Four unique type coins (by date, mintmark and composition) in a heavily collected series, each with a possible mintage of 1.5 million or less.

This is the first annual mint set I am aware of that contains coins struck in a different metallic composition than those coins that were released for circulation. The "satin finish" should allow collectors to easily distinguish them from normal circulation cents of the same date and mint.

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

• Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm planning to order the regular Mint sets and the Lincoln special set on 10/15...and save a few dollars on the shipping.
  • Options
    BECOKABECOKA Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭
    I will maybe next month. I need them for my Dansco albums.
  • Options
    droopyddroopyd Posts: 5,381 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm planning to order the regular Mint sets and the Lincoln special set on 10/15...and save a few dollars on the shipping. >>

you and me both. and i'll probably throw in a few of the 4-cent proof sets as well.
    Me at the Springfield coin show:
    60 years into this hobby and I'm still working on my Lincoln set!
  • Options
    <<Are the 2009 Mint Sets the only sets that will contain uncirculated cents made of 95% copper? This would make them a winner in my book. Four unique type coins (by date, mintmark and composition) in a heavily collected series, each with a possible mintage of 1.5 million or less.

This is the first annual mint set I am aware of that contains coins struck in a different metallic composition than those coins that were released for circulation. The "satin finish" should allow collectors to easily distinguish them from normal circulation cents of the same date and mint. >>

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    Yes. This is the only set being put out by the mint that contain uncirculated cents made of 95% copper. There are other sets that have been put out ( and the upcoming to be released - United States Mint Lincoln Coin and Chronicles Set (LN6) , but they contain the proof cents made of 95% copper.
  • Options
    I'm getting my 2009 mint sets early. We don't know how many are being made or if they will sell out early. I expect that the copper cents will be a big draw, along with the complete type sets of Territorial Quarters and the semi-scarce nickels and dimes.

• Options

<< <i>Maybe tommorrow.
    image >>

imageQuid pro quo. Yes or no?
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,472 ✭✭✭✭
    My subscription has been processed to immediate back order expected to ship on 10/15 ??

Exactly how lame is that I ask? The product hasn't even been released yet and its already on backorder?? image
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    >>Exactly how lame is that I ask? The product hasn't even been released yet and its already on backorder??<<

Possibly demand (via subscription) is heavier than anticipated, and there aren't enough sets to go around? If so, will they make more?

• Options
    BECOKABECOKA Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭

<< <i>My subscription has been processed to immediate back order expected to ship on 10/15 ??

Exactly how lame is that I ask? The product hasn't even been released yet and its already on backorder?? image >>

If I remember correctly they reserve a certain amount for subscriptions and then also reserve another amount to make sure they have some for the release date.

If this is the case then the folks who make a mad rush on the release date will get thiers before many or most of the subscription folks.
  • Options
    adamlaneusadamlaneus Posts: 6,969 ✭✭✭
    These are those darned satan finish coins folks are talking about, correct?

• Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,472 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>My subscription has been processed to immediate back order expected to ship on 10/15 ??

Exactly how lame is that I ask? The product hasn't even been released yet and its already on backorder?? image >>

If I remember correctly they reserve a certain amount for subscriptions and then also reserve another amount to make sure they have some for the release date.

If this is the case then the folks who make a mad rush on the release date will get thiers before many or most of the subscription folks. >>

So my subscription for 2,000,000 sets will get filled last?? image

Dang!

Actually, I have no idea what in the hell PBGS is doing anymore with regard to subscriptions or phone or mail orders and I don't think they do either! For whatever reason, they just cannot seem to get their arms around this entire operation and I expect it will be totally screwed up until someone new comes along to screw it up even more.

I miss the old contractor.........<sniff>
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    These sets go on sale at 12 noon on Oct 1, 2009.
    So as LindeDad and others stated "maybe tommorrow"

Regards, Larryimage
  • Options
    cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In stock and reserved.
    Many happy BST transactions
  • Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I cannot bare the ignominy of ordering anything from the mint. I was going to order the cent proof set, but then just as I got to place order, I hesitated thinking about all the garbage you have to put up with from the mint.
    In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,203 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

If this is the case then the folks who make a mad rush on the release date will get thiers before many or most of the subscription folks. >>

So my subscription for 2,000,000 sets will get filled last?? image

Dang!

Actually, I have no idea what in the hell PBGS is doing anymore with regard to subscriptions or phone or mail orders and I don't think they do either! For whatever reason, they just cannot seem to get their arms around this entire operation and I expect it will be totally screwed up until someone new comes along to screw it up even more.

I miss the old contractor.........<sniff> >>

Almost all orders go on backorder right away now. The wait time is about 2 weeks.

Not-Likely-Coincidentally, that is the expected time to process and ship.

I think this is a very, very bad form of "setting customers' expectations." i.e. they tell you up front it will take two weeks to ship... unfortunately it is via a "backorder date"

===> Also note: they now have the online order tracking and the web site "ship dates" BOTH automagically increasing by 1 day every day that passes until they actually ship. image Another truly rotten idea. Now the phone jockeys can point out the obviously bogus and non-conflicting dates online and say "it's not going out for another 2 weeks!"

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought the last five sets at The Mint booth in Union Station in D.C. today at 14:30. They said that they had hundreds at noon.
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file