Home Precious Metals

little off topic I know, ebay question

I know this isnt precious metals related but I know that most people around here deal with ebay so I think I can some great opinions on this. Its a simple matter but has me wondering what the best course of action is.

Basically I sold a toy gun that shoots little plastic discs along with extra discs for the gun for about $10 all together. The gun and all the extra ammo were all unopened in their packages. The buyer receives the item and then messages me saying the gun doesnt work. Now it probably doesnt work that great since its a cheap plastic toy, but it probably does work to an extent. Is it a worth it getting into an argument with this buyer about buying a cheap toy gun you take the risk of the gun not working that great, or should I just let them keep the gun and ammo and give them a partial refund for the "supposed" non working plastic toy gun?

Comments

• CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's ten bucks. Tell him to send it back and you'll refund the money.
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The customer is always right (even when they are wrong).

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

• << <i>It's ten bucks. Tell him to send it back and you'll refund the money. >>

Not worth the potential negative feedback and hassle.
    imageQuid pro quo. Yes or no?
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For a $10 auction, I would tell him to keep it & refund his payment..the gun is probably not worth incurring any additional mailing fees. and stop selling cheap imported plastic toy guns..image
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,301 ✭✭✭✭✭

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• notwilightnotwilight Posts: 12,864 ✭✭✭
    It's not worth it to sell cheap stuff on ebay now because you have to replace it/refund if it doesn't work. I bought a $10 kids night light with a moving aquarium scene. Arrived not working. they sent me another one immediately (had to now for fear or negative feedback in today's environment). They lost money just on the shipping.

You have to bend over backwards to avoid neg feedback unless you're a small seller and don't care.

--Jerry
  • "You have to bend over backwards to avoid neg feedback unless you're a small seller and don't care."

It's a darn shame sellers have to jump through so many hoops for whiney buyers these days, ...and to meet eBay requirements so they can get their subsidies.