Home Metal Detecting
Options

My first ring and my best find!

jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
Well, I have been detecting for about 2 years now, and since joining a local detecting club a few months ago, I've been detecting A LOT more often.

I can't say I've paid for my detector yet but I could have found my best find to date, if it's real. I found this ring at a local middle school with my DFX this past weekend. I had been detecting around the play area for about an hour or so with little more than two cents having been found by me. I got this sense to wander off onto a completely different area, next to a fence, and found the ring in about 3 minutes. It was pretty much on the surface, about 0.25" deep. I originally thought it was a junk kids ring, and almost put it in my junk bag, until I spun it around and saw 925 stamped on the back. I have no idea what 7 WV stands for. I am not sure what the object in the center is. Here's what it looks like cleaned up

The next day I went to an old development that had been torn down and found a 1962 quarter, some odd looking Chinese or japanese coin, and a few pennies.

Comments