Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

The worse Jeter forgery I ever seen.........

He gets all his auto's in person. Don't all the scammers???

Poor Attempt
Buying or trading for these signed Jeter rc's:
1992 GCL, 93 Stadium Club, 93 Greensboro,, 93 South Atlantic League, 93 Topps Marlins & Rockies,, 94 Classic Tampa, 94 Procards Tampa, 94 Florida State League & 95 Columbus Clippers.

Comments

• Options
    vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭
    maybe his strategy is by putting the picture on a angle nobody will be able to identify it as fake!
  • Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    "Thank you for looking at my listing. i am selling my entire personal collection of sports collectibles. I am not a dealer, just a scammer with a great collection of cards, fake autographs, and sports memoribilia. I have approximately 120 autographs which I have signed myself over the past 20-25 years. I will be listing all of them over the next weeks. All of my autographs have been in person, signed by myself, either in my bedroom, living room, basement and occasionally in the bathroom. I DO NOT have any certificates of authenticity as they are not the least bit real. However, these autographs are 100% fake and as a show of good faith, if you are unhappy with the autograph for any reason, return it within five days and I will attempt to sign a better card more closely to the subject of the card. Your satisfaction is my priorty. Please see my feedback and bid with 100% confidence!! You will be disappointed. I look forward to taking your money. Please see all of my listings. Ask questions freely, I always respond"

fixed
  • Options
    Worst shipping charge too .... $10.00 1st Class Mail image
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Hey he does offer a full refund (minus 10.00 shipping)

Even scammers have to eat.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Yea that Jeter is extremely bad
  • Options
    slantycouchslantycouch Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭
    "Worst"

Did you start the same thread on 2 different boards?
  • Options
    Is anyone sick of seeing these " fake " threads.

Smart collectors know better then to buy crap , let the people that dont bother to do
    homework pay for fake stuff.
    A collector of all things Braves
    Always looking for Chipper Jones cards.
    Im a very focused collector of cards from 1909 - 2012...LOL
  • Options
    alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Is anyone sick of seeing these " fake " threads. >>

+1
    Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page
  • Options
    Is anyone forced to open these threads?

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>Is anyone sick of seeing these " fake " threads.

Smart collectors know better then to buy crap , let the people that dont bother to do
    homework pay for fake stuff. >>

And there will be a thread about someone complaining about shipping charges AFTER they win the auction, why isn't my submission logged in?, does this look legit?, wheres my poppage its been at PSA for 6 days! , is PSA better than BCCG?, whats the VCP for......

Are you sick of seeing "those" threads
  • Options
    alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

And there will be a thread about someone complaining about shipping charges AFTER they win the auction, why isn't my submission logged in?, does this look legit?, wheres my poppage its been at PSA for 6 days! , is PSA better than BCCG?, whats the VCP for......

Are you sick of seeing "those" threads >>

yea, but all these fake threads come from the same person. That's a significant difference. Maybe MLS could use 1 thread for all of these fakes.
    Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page
  • Options
    yea, but all these fake threads come from the same person. That's a significant difference. Maybe MLS could use 1 thread for all of these fakes. >>

Now that is understandable
  • Options
    KK Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭

<< <i>yea, but all these fake threads come from the same person. That's a significant difference. Maybe MLS could use 1 thread for all of these fakes. >>

Now that is understandable >>

+1

I am strongly in favor of an "Official Fake / Counterfit / Forgery Thread" it would do wonders for cleaning up the board a bit.
  • Options
    We have one.

It could have been used but was on page 2 when MLS started this thread.

I think we are worrying about things that we need not worry about.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

Is the information out there? I genuinely do not know. I have a folder of auction files where people were buying counterfeit 1980 WBTV Ripken cards at $900 a pop in 2006. Even if the people wanted to do their homework there was nothing out there but pictures that looked like the card in the auction listing. I see nothing wrong with getting the word out.
  • Options
    Isn't the seller's other autographed Jeter worse?

Worse Jeter
    Collecting all things Pittsburgh.

Completed my Clemente Basic Registry (2007 - 2014)!

Positive transactions with oakesy25,jasoneggert,swartz1,MBMiller25,gregm13,kid4hof03,HoopGuru33,Reese3333,BPorter26,Davemri
  • Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    Hows about this one guys??

thanks in advance...

Jeter sig legit?

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    yes it is. this card is diff from his last card that he had up. this is the silver edition.
    Buying or trading for these signed Jeter rc's:
    1992 GCL, 93 Stadium Club, 93 Greensboro,, 93 South Atlantic League, 93 Topps Marlins & Rockies,, 94 Classic Tampa, 94 Procards Tampa, 94 Florida State League & 95 Columbus Clippers.

• Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭
    I agree that it's bad...but why the need for a new thread? Wasn't there just a "post all fake autos" thread just started?
  • Options

- uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    twileytwiley Posts: 1,923

<< <i>legit? >>

I am guessing its a fake. The warning flags I get from the auto is the loops look to loopy and the sharpie used looks much wider than other examples of 94 signature rookie cards I have seen that have been slabbed by PSA and BGS.
  • Options
    72skywalker72skywalker Posts: 1,539 ✭✭✭

Isn't this type of thread exactley what the forum is all about? I like these threads and learn something new each time. If you don't like the subject, don't open the thread.
    Collecting Yankees and vintage Star Wars
  • Options
    twileytwiley Posts: 1,923
    Here is an example of a authentic Jeter Auto from that era and card series...

Link

The one in question as I said before doesn't even look close to the auto on the link. Also note the back of the authenticated auto does not have a sticker on the back of the card like the one in question. Also here is another example of the exact same card in the series.

Link

I don't know if the grading company is a good one or not but the auto matches for the most part the beckett auto. Both these examples show a sharpie the same with. The auto in question sharpie is muck wider and again the auto doesnt even come close to matching the examples I given. Also there is no numbering of the auto. 1/1000 etc. I say its a really bad fake...
  • Options

- uncut

• Options
    To: ujsports
    Subject: Other: muggyman sent a message about 1994 Signature Rookies Auto, Derek Jeter Autograph #380294613346
    Sent Date: Dec-01-10 17:26:06 PST

----My question:-------
    Dear ujsports,

May I please ask where you obtained this autograph?

Thank you!
    -----His answer:--------

Dear muggyman,

This card was purchased with a few others years ago, I have a large number of Jeter card. I had about 25 of these and about sixty SP rookies. Some of these had stickers on the back others didn't. Thanks, UJSPORTS

- ujsports
  • Options
    mtcardsmtcards Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭

<< <i>From: muggyman
    To: ujsports
    Subject: Other: muggyman sent a message about 1994 Signature Rookies Auto, Derek Jeter Autograph #380294613346
    Sent Date: Dec-01-10 17:26:06 PST

----My question:-------
    Dear ujsports,

May I please ask where you obtained this autograph?

Thank you!
    -----His answer:--------

Dear muggyman,

This card was purchased with a few others years ago, I have a large number of Jeter card. I had about 25 of these and about sixty SP rookies. Some of these had stickers on the back others didn't. Thanks, UJSPORTS

- ujsports >>

SEE, That definitely clears up the origin of that card. It was purchased with others. Now, if only we can find out where those "others" were purchased
    IT IS ALWAYS CHEAPER TO NOT SELL ON EBAY