Home Precious Metals

Is there a fair B&M in So Cal?

I might sell off a few 100oz bars next week and have never taken them to a B&M. I assume that I will be offered something real low and then get nailed with paperwork etc.

Is there any good places around Southern Cal where I can get a fair price, in cash?

Comments

• CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dude save yourself the gas, trouble and money. Sell them here on the BST.
  • JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try CNI

They are near LAX and Ive used them for most of my bullion related trasactions.

Ask for Jeff N and tell him Mark Jankowski sent you.

The link will have their current buy/sell quotes. On 100oz bars they are generally -$.30 under spot on buy and +$.60 on sell

Or you could just sell them on the BST. The items you are selling will likely bring spot prices.

MJ

edited to fix link
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......

• << <i>I might sell off a few 100oz bars next week and have never taken them to a B&M. I assume that I will be offered something real low and then get nailed with paperwork etc.

Is there any good places around Southern Cal where I can get a fair price, in cash? >>

cash? nope!

I personally dont care for CNI (attitude, high premiums)

actually i never cared for any b&m lol

BUT, try liberty coin in signal hill(long beach) also google coin + van nuys. There are a couple shops out there.
    Singapore & Hong Kong March/April
    Hong kong/Long Beach JUNE Table #838
    MACAU
    emgworldwide@gmail.com
    Cell: 512.808.3197
    EMERGING MARKET GROUP
    PCGS, NGC, CCE & NCS, CGC, PSA, Auth. Dealer
  • KollectorKingKollectorKing Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I might sell off a few 100oz bars next week and have never taken them to a B&M. I assume that I will be offered something real low and then get nailed with paperwork etc.

Is there any good places around Southern Cal where I can get a fair price, in cash? >>

Try them; they pay in check; their check is good, and they are closer to you than lax

Keep in mind that if you sell more than $9999 they ask for SS # and will issue a fed form (1098?) so you'll have to report that in your income tax.
  • mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    Sell on BST. No paperwork or tax filing, etc. Request for USPS money orders too image

Or Craigslist it. Tell the person to meet you at a bank or something with cash in hand.
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Thanks to all
  • PTVETTERPTVETTER Posts: 5,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure that there is on but I can't recomend any, since I don't know of any to begin with.
    Pat Vetter,Mercury Dime registry set,1938 Proof set registry,Pat & BJ Coins:724-325-7211

• Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,267 ✭✭✭
    Try Tulving (they're not a B&M) LINK.
    "It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson
  • try Wilshire Coin on Lincoln Blvd in Santa Monica. Glenn is the owner. Ive known him for a long time. This is a very active shop with a lot of turnover. And I think the more turnover a shop has the better the price since they won't be sitting on it for long.

• << <i>

<< <i>I might sell off a few 100oz bars next week and have never taken them to a B&M. I assume that I will be offered something real low and then get nailed with paperwork etc.

Try them; they pay in check; their check is good, and they are closer to you than lax

Keep in mind that if you sell more than $9999 they ask for SS # and will issue a fed form (1098?) so you'll have to report that in your income tax. >>

That's a 1099 form you're thinking about, you can sell up to $999 face of 90% Silver, 999 ounces of .999 Silver, 39 ounces of Gold, before a 1099 needs to be sent out. I can't remember on Platinum, Palladium I think requires a 1099 for sales of 100 ounces or more so anything under that amount generates no 1099.

• << <i>try Wilshire Coin on Lincoln Blvd in Santa Monica. Glenn is the owner. Ive known him for a long time. This is a very active shop with a lot of turnover. And I think the more turnover a shop has the better the price since they won't be sitting on it for long. >>

.....or they have the market cornered in that area so they do not need to give good prices?????

platinum $200 over spot
    AGE 1 oz $75 over spot
    silver dollars culls/AG $18!!!!!

Singapore & Hong Kong March/April
    Hong kong/Long Beach JUNE Table #838
    MACAU
    emgworldwide@gmail.com
    Cell: 512.808.3197
    EMERGING MARKET GROUP
    PCGS, NGC, CCE & NCS, CGC, PSA, Auth. Dealer
  • Alhambra is also an active place, and I have to admit they have advertised on my TV show. say hello for me. and while youre there, ask to see their "collection" of counterfeit silver dollars. youll get a few laughs.