Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Starting Lineup Talking BAseball Game Cards

I have the whole set in a box.

I think they are in pretty good shape.

I Just saw a George Brett PSA 10 go for over 100 bux on the bay.

I am thinking of getting a few graded if they look like psa 10 potential, esp. Ripken, Nolan, Brett, Schmidt, etc. where player set builders would need em?

So, is there a book value ?

Should i just list each raw for 20 bucks/ ?

Anyone know how many were printed ?

thx
Buying:
Topps White Out (silver) letters Alex Gordon
80 Topps Greg Pryor “No Name"
90 ProSet Dexter Manley error
90 Topps Jeff King Yellow back
1958 Topps Pancho Herrera (no“a”)
81 Topps Art Howe (black smear above hat)
91 D A. Hawkins BC-12 “Pitcher”

Comments

• tunahead08tunahead08 Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭
    A PSA 10 Ripken sold on 8/26 for $22.50 Link
  • BarfvaderBarfvader Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭✭
    Lots Of Team Sets For $4.99 + various other singles/sets currently on eBay.

Completed

$127.50 Brett

• digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    Do your homework and look through the registry and see if you've got some cards that would be in demand in PSA 10. Some of the registry big-guns don't buy raw, they wait for graded.
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • richtreerichtree Posts: 1,500 ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I think I'll send in the PSA 10's (potentially) and hope.

sometimes you just need to think out loud
    Buying:
  • digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭

<< <i>Lots Of Team Sets For $4.99 + various other singles/sets currently on eBay. >>

I just bought the SF Giants team set because of your link. image
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • richtreerichtree Posts: 1,500 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Lots Of Team Sets For $4.99 + various other singles/sets currently on eBay. >>

I just bought the SF Giants team set because of your link. image >>

NICE@!!!!!!!!!!

glad I could help u spend money., lol
    Buying:
  • BarfvaderBarfvader Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

I just bought the SF Giants team set because of your link. image >>

Thought that seller id was familiar so I just checked and sure enough I bought from him back in 2004.
  • Did you ever play the game?

I still have the 1987 All-Star teams memorized from that game
    Tom
  • Hello fellas I need some help. I just came across a sealed pack of the Starting Lineup Talking Baseball Cards, and I have no idea what kind of value the hold. The back of the back card is Eddie Murray of Baltimore. Could someone please shed some light on what I have here, and are they all from the same team? It seems like there are way too many in there for one team, I'm clueles here :-) Thanks
  • the front says starting lineup talking baseball and then "set up a dream match" if that means anything...
  • I thought this only came with a game? I dont remember a "sealed pack" of these cards. I used to have the game and even found some recently, but they were beaters so I chucked them.
  • dytch2220dytch2220 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭
    If you get a 10 on 1988 Bo Jackson, I'm a buyer...
    The N8 Collection: PSA Registry Sets & Showcases

I don't really know anything about these things, I found them at a garage sale recently. Here are images of the front and back of the pack. Thanks
  • jmmiller777jmmiller777 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭
    Ya, good idea, only a handful graded out as 10's and 9's. They seem to be in the $30-$40 range, There is a really nice looking Puckett for $5, raw.
    CURRENT PROJECTS IN WORK:
    To be honest, no direction, but...
    1966-69 Topps EX+
    1975 minis NrMt Kelloggs PSA 9
    All Topps Heritage-Master Sets
  • but shouldn't i keep them in the wrapper??? is there any way to know what i have inside? are they random players or a team set?
  • Evening,

OMG, you've got to be kidding me...talking baseball cards..what next, Dancing Football cards....oh wait Michael Irvin has done that!!

YeeHahimage

Neilimageimage
    Actually Collect Non Sport, but am just so full of myself I post all over the place !!!!!!!
  • does anyone know what i have from looking at the pictures i posted?

it seems it is not a team pack since they show the roster on the front card.

could somebody please shed some light on this :-) thanks
  • It looks like I might have an All-Star set.

I searched for what it said on the front card: "Set up a Dream Match" and it led me to a ebay post that said it was the 48 card All-Star set and he said he has "set up a dream match card." The card that I can see in the back of the pack is Eddie Murray who he does list as included in the set.

Well I will just share his listing description:

============================================
    ============================================

1988 STARTING LINEUP CARDS!! RARE HARD TO FIND!!!! COMPLETE SET FOR USE WITH STARTING LINEUP TALKING BASEBALL GAME. I AM THE ORIGINAL OWNER OF THIS SET.

INCLUDED: AMERICAN LEAGUE ROSTER CARD, NATIONAL LEAGUE ROSTER CARD, (4) HELP CARDS, SWING THE BAT, STEAL A BASE, PITCHING, THROWING TO A BASE. (3) SET UP DREAM MATCH CARDS.

PLAYERS: DAN QUISENEBERRY, CAL RIPKEN ,CARLTON FISK, LOU WHITAKER, ALAN TRAMMEL, RICKEY HENDERSON, DON MATTINGLY, WADE BOGGS, GOERGE BELL, KIRBY PUCKETT, DAVE RIGHETTI, JACK MORRIS, ROBIN YOUNT, BRET SABERHAGEN, EDDIE MURRAY, TERRY KENNEDY, DAVE WINFIELD, GEORGE BRETT, ROGER CLEMENS, WILLIE RANDOLPH.

NL: STEVE SAX, TIM RAINES, RYNE SANDBERG, ANDRE DAWSON,, MIKE SCHMIDT, JACK CLARK, ERIC DAVIS, JODY DAVIS, OZZIE SMITH, TODD WORRELL, DWIGHT GOODEN, BUDDY BELL, TONY GWYNN, KEITH HERNANDEZ, NOLAN RYAN, DALE MURPHY, FERNANDO VALENZUELA, DARRYL STRAWBERRY, GARY CARTER, MIKE SCOTT.
  • vols1vols1 Posts: 761 ✭✭✭
    You have the All-Star set of 40 players. There was also a talking football game with cards.

talking baseball
  • thank you vols1

now the next question is, should i open the pack and get them graded? i'm new to selling cards. i have a lot i collected over the years, but was never a seller.

or do i just keep them in the pack and put them away for the future :-)
  • now the next question is, should i open the pack and get them graded?

Seeing as how a complete set with the top 12 cards in PSA 10 sells for $80 and grading fees are around $6 per card, absolutely. You don't want to miss out on that cash cow.
  • how many Milton Bradley Nolan Ryans are in that set?
  • yankeesmanyankeesman Posts: 940 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>how many Milton Bradley Nolan Ryans are in that set? >>

Ohhhh no he didn't!!!
    Don Mattingly, Yogi Berra, Thurman Munson, Brian McCann and Topps Rookie Cup autograph collector
    www.questfortherookiecup.com
  • hold on a second...you mean to tell me milton bradley isn't a reputable card maker???

whew good thing these things are Parker Brothers :-)