Home Precious Metals
Options

What To Do Now -Help

Just checked Kitco and saw that gold ran up over $1020 this moring and now down in the $1016-$1017 range while silver crossed $17.40 this morning and is now down to about $17.30.

Do you think that the train is leaving the station and it is time to get onboard or do you think that the pin is headed toward the balloon and when it pops, the market will fall? I am so confused, please help.

Comments

• Options
    WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems kind of late to be thinking in broad strokes.

I wouldn't go big into anything right now--but I've also been buying for 5 years. I will probably continue to dollar cost average into things in bits and pieces.

We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,380 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you don't own any precious metals right now, immediately put 10% of your investment portfolio into silver.

And exactly one month from today at 8:30AM, put another 10% into gold.

And don't blame me if the prices go down, or up, or if they stay the same.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    its never too late to get on board! Start buying a little here and there. Check out flea markets, craigslist, yard sales, etc to find killer deals if possible.
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options
    DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Just checked Kitco and saw that gold ran up over $1020 this moring and now down in the $1016-$1017 range while silver crossed $17.40 this morning and is now down to about $17.30.

Do you think that the train is leaving the station and it is time to get onboard or do you think that the pin is headed toward the balloon and when it pops, the market will fall? I am so confused, please help. >>

First of all, you have to not worry about these little price movements.

Buy in and relax.

We still have a long way to run in this bull cycle.

Last fall, when the price of silver crashed from $20 an ounce to $10 an ounce, I'm being completely honest here, I didn't lose 1 minute of sleep. I slept through that crash like a baby because I knew the price was going to come back and even be higher in the near future (unlike some stocks like Lehman Brothers).

So to summarize,1) buy in anytime, 2) don't sweat the price movements because yes, they can be very volotile at times and 3) enjoy the ride and seeing your profits grow.
    "Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)
  • Options
    And then, exactly 2 months from today - put another 10% of your investment portfolio into silver.

I'm dead serious.

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    notwilightnotwilight Posts: 12,864 ✭✭✭
    You're worried about a few cents. Are you trying to daytrade or long term invest. I can't help you with the former but the latter doesn't care about a few cents.

There were better times to buy in the past. I bought then. Last week when I saw what I thought was the beginning of a move I shopped around and found a few more K$ of PMs to pick up around melt. Already in the money.

So thinking long term, you pick your spots to buy and do the best you can. But all you can do take your best guess on timing. I could have been dead wrong last week and gold be lower today. In fact, that happened to me around $925. Bought some gold and gold went down. How much gold would you like to pick up now at $925?

--Jerry
  • Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are worried about a few cents then you have no business being in the market. Sorry if this sounds blunt, but it is the truth.

Step back and think about what is truely important to you. Then make a decision.
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    I would buy more today but I ran out of room in my large safe deposit box!
    Many successful BST transactions ajia
    (x2,Meltdown),cajun,Swampboy,SeaEagleCoins,InYHWHWeTrust, bstat1020,Spooly,timrutnat,oilstates200, vpr, guitarwes,
    mariner67, and Mikes coins
  • Options
    What to do now? The answer is always the same for the average person buying gold or silver for the long term. Buy a little at a time, in small increments, get an average price over a long period of time, until that person has all the physical that they would like to have.

If a person believes they have some magic mojo so that they can time the markets, good luck. The majority that try their hand at timing, lose money, often lots of money. A few folks do have the magic, or at least a good enough simulation. However, those that do have the touch, aren't asking strangers on a public coin forum for investment advice.
  • Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    And then in 3 months, put another 10% into silver.

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    Wolf359Wolf359 Posts: 7,653 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Just checked Kitco and saw that gold ran up over $1020 this moring and now down in the $1016-$1017 range while silver crossed $17.40 this morning and is now down to about $17.30.

Do you think that the train is leaving the station and it is time to get onboard or do you think that the pin is headed toward the balloon and when it pops, the market will fall? I am so confused, please help. >>

You come to a message board so complete strangers can give you investment advice? As they say, "A fool and his money..."

Bottom line is only you can decide. Do your own homework. If you don't know, then don't do!
  • Options
    And then in 3 months, put another 10% into silver.
    imageimageimage

That would make it 40% in 3 months. That's good enough for a start.

After doing that, with that precise timing - report back here and tell us how that worked. And don't complain either way. You've been given sound advice.

But do report back. Any questions?

I knew it would happen.