Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Remember that 79 vending box that Burgundy teased y'all with?.........

No, I didn't open it, but I do want to sell it. Yeah, I know it's the wrong board but if someone wants it for $125 delivered, please take it off my hands and display the results for all the board to see. Still in original shrink wrap, just as it came from BBCE.

Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items

Comments

• Options
    hammeredhammered Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭
    FB or BB?
  • Options
    pm sent.
    Keith
  • Options
    corvette1340corvette1340 Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭
    pm sent
  • Options
    So is it sold?

Thanks
    Neil
    Actually Collect Non Sport, but am just so full of myself I post all over the place !!!!!!!
  • Options
    RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    Sale pending
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
  • Options
    Ron,
    If it doesn't Pend well...No Pun intended...I'll take it.

YeeHah image

Neilimage
    Actually Collect Non Sport, but am just so full of myself I post all over the place !!!!!!!
  • Options
    Sold!
    Ron Burgundy

• Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    interesting...

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    jfkheatjfkheat Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ron, this is in no way a slam against you and I realise this is 2 weeks old but why is it that when someone else posts their items for sale here the members give them crap and tell this to go to the BST boards? People were ready to lynch the guy earlier today for doing this. Is it ok for some members to do it and others can't?
    James
  • Options
    Ditto
  • Options
    Its because there are tons of hypocrites on this board.

If they really cared near and dear to about people posting B/S/T items on the main board, they would say something, no matter who posted it.

I personally could careless. Im not forced to read a thread, I can just skip past it.

If someone does post a BST or ebay spam on the main board, I'm not going to lose my hair or have a heart attack over it.

• Options

<< <i>Ditto >>

curious, since you were the most curious right after the OP OP'd.

jus' sayin'. image
  • Options
    ITEW, I think the the BST boards were created for a reason.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Ditto >>

curious, since you were the most curious right after the OP OP'd.

jus' sayin'. image >>

I was curious if it was BB or FB. I could care less if he sells it here.
    My problem is with the beating the other board member took yesterday for doing essentially the same thing.
  • Options

<< <i>Ron, this is in no way a slam against you and I realise this is 2 weeks old but why is it that when someone else posts their items for sale here the members give them crap and tell this to go to the BST boards? People were ready to lynch the guy earlier today for doing this. Is it ok for some members to do it and others can't?
    James >>

True Dat. It doesn't bother me Ron posted that here just like it did not bother me that the guy yesterday did. I don't get to worked up over things like this. Ron sure is not SCUM and neither is yesterdays poster.
  • Options
    corvette1340corvette1340 Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭
    while I realize the BST board is there for a reason, I also don't get worked up about someone posting something for sale in the main forum. I guess all the ones that can't skip the threads have OCD. By the way, I've never posted anything for sale in the main forum, just sayin'.
  • Options
    There's a pretty easy answer that explains the discrepancy:

Ron Burgundy= made man
    Walter Sobchak, pdub1819= the guy that your boss yells at you because you wasted eight f*****g aprons on him.
    'Sir, I realize it's been difficult for you to sleep at night without your EX/MT 1977 Topps Tom Seaver, but I swear to you that you'll get it safe and sound.'
    -CDs Nuts, 1/20/14

*1956 Topps baseball- 97.4% complete, 7.24 GPA
    *Clemente basic set: 85.0% complete, 7.89 GPA
  • Options

<< <i>There's a pretty easy answer that explains the discrepancy:

Ron Burgundy= made man
    Walter Sobchak, pdub1819= the guy that your boss yells at you because you wasted eight f*****g aprons on him. >>

I just watched Goodfellas last night. All time favorite
  • Options
    We gotta toughen this kid up.
  • Options
    RogermnjRogermnj Posts: 1,809 ✭✭
    last week this ..... asked me to christen his kid, $7000 i charged him
  • Options
    billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭
    Get yer F***in shinebox!!!
  • Options
    billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Im gonna go to the bathroom.....to the bathroom. >>

go to the bathroom...get the papers..either way
  • Options
    Good question. I was drunk when I posted this, so I probably just hit the wrong button.
    Ron Burgundy

• Options
    I'm more disturbed about how he refers to himself in the third person
  • Options
    KbKardsKbKards Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭
    Anybody who refers to themselves in the third person when spamming the wrong board gets a pass.
  • Options
    Nathaniel1960Nathaniel1960 Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The way I see it, the 1979 vending box thread meandered back and forth from BST to SCMF, ergo, I think it appropriate, to wit, ad hominem, that as long as a subject starts in SCMF that is non BST related, if it morphs into a BST later on, it is fine to be posted in SCMF.

So take that, SCMF'ers.
    Kiss me once, shame on you.
    Kiss me twice.....let's party.
  • Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    pass the kool-aid...

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭

<< <i>Good question. I was drunk when I posted this, so I probably just hit the wrong button. >>

next time you're drunk, make certain you mislocate the decimal point in my favor while we're negotiating. image
  • Options
    Ron Burgundy's much discussed and well travelled '79 vending box arrived on my doorsteps a couple weeks back and I've finally gotten around to opening it. Centering overall was very, very good, with corner dings on a fair portion which was expected. I've been fortunate in that this is the third vending box I've opened, and gotten an Ozzie in each one. My thanks to Mr. Burgundy for the great deal which puts me oh so close to finishing my raw set.

Keith
  • Options
    BigRedMachineBigRedMachine Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭

<< <i> Centering overall was very, very good, >>

Wow!!! No kidding!!!

Those look great!!!!
  • Options

Like the Ozzie and love the Bench!
    Ron Burgundy

• Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Anybody who refers to themselves in the third person when spamming the wrong board gets a pass. >>

Unless it's Rickey
  • Options

If I noticed this thread before, I would have been all over Ron like slimy on a worm.