Home Sports Talk

Philadelphia Eagles

stevekstevek Posts: 27,582 ✭✭✭✭✭
The march to the Super Bowl began today.

Comments

• Thank you Jake, Josh and Matt the Panthers Three Stooges QBs.

It's not often that the Eagles gain more yards on the ground than in the air.

Let's hope they play as well against the better teams this season.
  • Lothar52Lothar52 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭
  • Wow smoked what i thought was a good Panther team.
    Am I speaking Chinese?

• stevekstevek Posts: 27,582 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Wow smoked what i thought was a good Panther team. >>

They were for like the first 8 minutes of the game, even though a "stupid" facemask penalty to the quarterback kept their opening drive alive which resulted in a Panther's touchdown. Then they basically fell apart.

Eagles scored 3 consecutive touchdowns on just one offensive play...that's gotta be some kind of NFL record I would think.

• lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    Any truth to the rumor that Michael Vick was in the locker room before the game, beating a caged Pather with various sticks?

• << <i>Any truth to the rumor that Michael Vick was in the locker room before the game, beating a caged Pather with various sticks? >>

No he was in Tampa catering to Romo's wanton animal desires.

Word has it that Tony likes the "prison bride" treatment.

• McNabb broke a rib.

Candy a$$.

<< <i>

<< <i>Any truth to the rumor that Michael Vick was in the locker room before the game, beating a caged Pather with various sticks? >>

No he was in Tampa catering to Romo's wanton animal desires.

Word has it that Tony likes the "prison bride" treatment. >>

LOL!

I just heard Mcnabb broke some ribs on his td run.

When is Vick available?

• Vick is in week 3.

I hear that they plan to list him as #2 QB but play Kolb first if McNabb is out.

That was before today's game. Could change I guess.
  • ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I just heard Mcnabb broke some ribs on his td run.

When is Vick available? >>

Week 3. That hit on McNabb in the end zone by #92 was a borderline late punkish hit.
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    McFragile?

<< <i>McFragile? >>

You're right...that's exactly why they signed Vick...I have doubts whether the Eagles can consistently win with Kevin Kolb as the starter...I hope I'm wrong...but Kolb just seems like a career #2 or #3 type to me...and not many teams have ever won a Super Bowl with their #2 although it has happened a few times.
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,361 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>McFragile? >>

You're right...that's exactly why they signed Vick...I have doubts whether the Eagles can consistently win with Kevin Kolb as the starter...I hope I'm wrong...but Kolb just seems like a career #2 or #3 type to me...and not many teams have ever won a Super Bowl with their #2 although it has happened a few times. >>

Well either way I hope he is OK, believe me I know how it is losing your QB in the first game. I dont believe its anything more than ( at worst ) 2-4 week injury, I like Kolb until MacNabb gets healthy, and YES I would give Vick a shot.
  • Better sign ole Koy Detmer for next week!
    Am I speaking Chinese?

<< <i>and not many teams have ever won a Super Bowl with their #2 although it has happened a few times. >>

That's kinda harsh Steve. Calling others qb's #2 isn't very nice.

• Vick has broke more ribs than Mcnabb ever thought about. Sometimes he would break four or five at a time and it didn't bother him at all.
  • I live among a lot of Eagles Fans and they are already for Vick to come in! They will have to wait. How about them Jets and Sanchez?? Wow, they really did look good today,
    Danimage
  • Lothar52Lothar52 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭
    next week is a TOUGH game....the Saints....we dont need Kolb leading us into that scoring machine called Drew Brees....UGH....
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Delhomme is just god awful at this stage in his career..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
    The march continues...................................
    Eagles tied for first place in the NFC East with some team, I forget their name...but I heard rumors they always go thru a December swoooooooon..............................ah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.........................................

<< <i>Eagles tied for first place in the NFC East with some team, I forget their name >>

Let me refresh your memory:

Cowboys 20

Eagles 16

Remember them now?
  • DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dallas is still in first place!

I'm just pi$$ed that we made the giants look much better than they are!imageimage

<< <i>

<< <i>Eagles tied for first place in the NFC East with some team, I forget their name >>

Let me refresh your memory:

Cowboys 20

Eagles 16

Remember them now? >>

Cowboys got lucky in that game - Next time the Eagles will show the end of season choke artist Cowboys how to play end of season and playoff type football. Cowboys aren't a bad team, but they've got no heart and can't win anything close to a big game. Ha Ha!

<< <i>Dallas is still in first place!

I'm just pi$$ed that we made the giants look much better than they are!imageimage >>

I'm counting the last game of the season as an automatic win. Barring injury, no way the Eagles lose that game.to the choke artist Cowboys.

I think the Saints and Vikings cool off and the Eagles make it to the Super Bowl and have a good shot at winning it.
  • DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    >>> I think the Saints and Vikings cool off and the Eagles make it to the Super Bowl and have a good shot at winning it. <<<

Boy, I don't know what you are on...............but I want some!

<< <i>>>> I think the Saints and Vikings cool off and the Eagles make it to the Super Bowl and have a good shot at winning it. <<<

Boy, I don't know what you are on...............but I want some! >>

Gotta have hope brother...after all these years without a Super Bowl win...hope is all I got. image

<< <i>

<< <i>>>> I think the Saints and Vikings cool off and the Eagles make it to the Super Bowl and have a good shot at winning it. <<<

Gotta have hope brother...after all these years without a Super Bowl win...hope is all I got. image >>

I have hope for the Eagles too! I hope they crash and burn like they always do image

<< <i>

<< <i>

Gotta have hope brother...after all these years without a Super Bowl win...hope is all I got. image >>

I have hope for the Eagles too! I hope they crash and burn like they always do image >>

Hey, I'm a poet and didn't even know it.

<< <i>

<< <i>

I have hope for the Eagles too! I hope they crash and burn like they always do image >>

And I had a very expensive, fantastic holiday gift all packed up and ready to be sent to you - a 24 carat solid gold, full size statue of Emmitt - now I'm not sending it after that nasty comment. image
    y- Philadelphia Eagles 10 4 0 .714 399 286 113 44 5-2 5-2 4-1 .800 9-2 .818 1-2 5W 5-0
    Dallas Cowboys 9 5 0 .643 320 250 70 38 5-2 4-3 2-2 .500 7-3 .700 2-2 1W 3-2
    New York Giants 7 6 0 .538 341 330 11 38 4-3 3-3 3-2 .600 5-4 .556 2-2 1L 2-3
    Washington Redskins 4 9 0 .308 234 251 -17 25 3-3 1-6 0-4 .000 2-8 .200 2-1 1W 2-3

That "y" sure looks dam good. image
    onward.........
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's happened to all the talk from Eagles fans about needing to get rid of McNabb?? image

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.

<< <i>What's happened to all the talk from Eagles fans about needing to get rid of McNabb?? image >>

Whoever said that should be drawn and quartered.
  • OriolesOrioles Posts: 312 ✭✭✭
    They look really good going into the playoffs. Anything can happen, but Eagles fans have to be happy about their chances. It's been somewhat more "positive" on the local talk shows here in Philly lately. Not all positive, but better than usual.
  • just happy no one got hurt this week
    succesful deals :richtree, Bosox1976, Bkritz, mknez, SOM, cardcounter2, ddfamf, cougar701, mrG, Griffins : thanks All

Go Phillies
  • Will be a crushing defeat next week.
    Next up...

Philadelphia Eagles (11-4) vs. Dallas Cowboys (10-5): First and foremost, this game will determine the winner of the NFC East, so you'd better bet that both teams will be giving 110%. If the Vikings lose to the Bears on Monday, there is also a slim chance that the Eagles will be in contention for a first-round bye.
    Could be some real ugly smack this week between Eagles and Cowboys fans but I plan on taking the high road. For example I would never say anything to upset Cowboys fans such as Emmitt Smith is fat, or that Romo has erectile dysfunction - I will not participate in derogatory remarks such as that.
    PS - I hope I spelled Emmitt correctly...I just took a guess - it might actually be Emitt, or Emmit, or Emit, or.......
  • If a cowboys fan tries to say anything, all you need to do is show the following graphic:

1 2 3 4 T
    DAL (9-7) 3 0 0 3 6
    PHI (9-6-1) 3 24 17 0 44

Final

• << <i>If a cowboys fan tries to say anything, all you need to do is show the following graphic:

1 2 3 4 T
    DAL (9-7) 3 0 0 3 6
    PHI (9-6-1) 3 24 17 0 44

Final
    >>

Show us your Super Bowl rings

<< <i>If a cowboys fan tries to say anything, all you need to do is show the following graphic:

1 2 3 4 T
    DAL (9-7) 3 0 0 3 6
    PHI (9-6-1) 3 24 17 0 44

Final >>

I remember that game. LOL
  • I'd answer by asking you to show the last playoff win by the Cowboys?

• << <i>I remember that game. LOL >>

I remember all the Eagles' Super Bowl wins.......wait.....no I don't.
    I just read on another internet forum that Romo is dating a goat...I simply refuse to spread gossip such as that.

• << <i>

<< <i>I remember that game. LOL >>

I remember all the Eagles' Super Bowl wins.......wait.....no I don't. >>

Well it's been 13 years since the last Cowboys super bowl win, might as well have been forever ago. Hey, you never told me, when did the cowboys win a playoff game last?
    Even having TO on the team the last time the Eagles went to the Super Bowl, they didn't have the offensive arsenal they have now...the Eagles are peaking in a number of ways and I say they should be the NFC favorite to go to the Super Bowl.
    Yes, the Eagles have not won a Super Bowl, however the Eagles have won 3, count 'em, 3 NFL Championship games - that ain't chopped liver.
  • Still searching for that last playoff win, lsutigers? I know its been a long time, we'll wait!