Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

CU Hockey Pool... Congrats to our winner gameusedhoop!! PLEASE PAY the WINNERS!!!!!

2»

Comments

• artistlostartistlost Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I hope my defence can do well. I have decent offence. Since this is my first time playing now what happens? >>

Set your line-up daily and follow the box scores. Starting Thursday you will go head to head every week against another player. The team with the most statistical category wins at the end of the week will win. Then next week you start over against another team.

mathew
    baseball & hockey junkie

drugs of choice
    NHL hall of fame rookies
  • jswietonjswieton Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭
    Oh crap I totally had a brain fart and forgot about the draft tonight! image I was all ready to go this mourning for it too. I apologize for not being at the draft. That is normally not like me to flake like that. Did I have the #1 pick since I auto drafted Ovechkin? Oh, well I guess things could have been worse. I am actually pretty happy with my team for the most part. I guess I will just have to make a couple of trades and pick up a few players and I should be ok.
  • I had mine on auot draft and could have done worse. Just wish I had a better number one goalie. Good luck everyone.
  • jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I hope my defence can do well. I have decent offence. Since this is my first time playing now what happens? >>

Set your line-up daily and follow the box scores. Starting Thursday you will go head to head every week against another player. The team with the most statistical category wins at the end of the week will win. Then next week you start over against another team.

mathew >>

How do I set up my line up? It shows me my roster and my match up with jswieton but no where do I see
    set up my line up?
    Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
  • Anyone take Derick Brassard?
    Kid is gonna be a monster.

<< <i>

<< <i>

mathew >>

How do I set up my line up? It shows me my roster and my match up with jswieton but no where do I see
    set up my line up? >>

Go into "My Team" at the top. There you will see who is playing on any given day and you can move players around.

Hope that helps.

mathew
    baseball & hockey junkie

drugs of choice
    NHL hall of fame rookies

<< <i>Anyone take Derick Brassard?
    Kid is gonna be a monster. >>

No it doesnt look like it. Is he a rookie?
    Collector Focus

• jswietonjswieton Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭
    2nd year guy I believe. I think he was hurt last year.
  • He would of been ROY on the fast pace he had last year,
    but due to shoulder/elbow problems, he was done. Surgery fixed everything,
    and I think he's got 7 points already in pre-season.
    He's a sophmore for CBJ.
    OK I am as sharp as a stick of butter so it will take a few months forthis to sink in.
    Carey Price played last night and won. My backup goalie Chris Mason plays today is his
    stats going to count? Do I have to move him to my number 1?
    Collector Focus

• 54topps54topps Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭
    If they are in the BN (bench) than his stats will not count. as long as he is in the G (goalie) his stats will count. However if a player is eligible to play you can choose to put them on the bench and not have his stats count. I would do this if your goalie was going up against a high scoring team.

Hope this helps!
    Mike

<< <i>Nice draft everyone. Now if only my 40 yearold Karyia can make the comeback of the century I will be sailing!

good luck guys as hockey starts thursday!

mathew >>

Looks to be good pick as of today?
    Collector Focus

Well with the playoffs right around the corner we have our first 4 teams already locked in for a berth in the show. The last two spots are still up for grabs so good luck to all fighting for those last spots.

As of last week the standing look like this...

*1. artistlost 124-61-15
    *2. LaneMyer85 112-68-20
    *3. jimrad 112-72-16
    *4. gameusedhoop 108-71-21
    5. turboshockey 89-89-22
    6. mtcards 87-91-22
    7. Knuckles 85-97-18
    8. Jack Straw 82-98-20
    9. jswieton 75-97-28
    10. 54Topps 72-99-29
    11. nightcrawler 69-99-32
    12. koufax 50-123-27

mathew
    baseball & hockey junkie

drugs of choice
    NHL hall of fame rookies
    The final standings are as follows...

*1. gameusedhoop
    *2. jimrad
    *3. LaneMyer85
    *4. artistlost
    *5. turboshockey
    *6. Knuckles
    7. jswieton
    8. 54Topps
    9. koufax
    10. mtcards
    11. Jack Straw
    12. nightcrawler

The prizes will be as follows...

if you finish in 4th place or lower, you owe $25 in cards to one of the top 3 finishers.

1st place will receive 5 prizes total paid out from the #'s 4, 5, 7, 10 and 12th place finishers.

2nd place will receive 3 prizes total paid out from the #'s 6, 8 and 11th place finishers.

3rd place will receive 1 prize total paid out from the 9th place finisher.

Please contact who you owe (if you owe) and pay up!

Thanks for a great season!

mathew

baseball & hockey junkie

drugs of choice
    NHL hall of fame rookies
  • lanemyer85lanemyer85 Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭
    Congrats Steve (gameusedhoop)!
  • Congrats eveyone. Heck of a fun year lets do this next year as well. Looks I owe hoop some cards.
    Way to go Steve!
  • gameusedhoopgameusedhoop Posts: 3,577 ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you all, it was a great season with some tough competition. From week to week the top 4 positions were almost always fluid making it nice and far from boring. When can I expect the guys with the white gloves to deliver the cup? Nothing better to have it shined, untouched by human hands, and then tossing it in the pool!
    Hope you guys have learned to "fear the puck" imageimage

Feel free to PM me for my addie. Thanks again for a great season.
    I sent my prize to Jimrad today.
  • jimradjimrad Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I sent my prize to Jimrad today. >>

Received a very nice box of PSA graded hockey cards mostly early 80's including a PSA 10 topps Dennis Potvin.

Thanks Mike ! ! ! ! image
    Positive transactions with: Bkritz,Bosox1976,Brick,captainthreeputt,cpettimd,craigger,cwazzy,DES1984,Dboneesq,daddymc,Downtown1974,EAsports,EagleEyeKid,fattymacs,gameusedhoop,godblessUSA,goose3,KatsCards,mike22y2k,
    MULLINS5,1966CUDA,nam812,nightcrawler,OAKESY25,PowderedH2O,relaxed,RonBurgundy,samsgirl214,shagrotn77,swartz1,slantycouch,Statman,Wabittwax
    Received my 1st "goodie" box today.

A big thank you to Darren (TurbosHockey) for the ROOKIES!
    Hello all,

It has come to my attention that some have not yet sent payment. Please make sure to send payments as cash or cards to the winners. If you had one you would have wanted the prizes...so pay up!!!!

mathew
    baseball & hockey junkie

drugs of choice
    NHL hall of fame rookies
  • lanemyer85lanemyer85 Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭
    I have no idea who 'Koufax' is...and also I really don't care if he sends me anything. In fairness, I'm not sure if it was ever specifically stated that this was going to be a payout league. I think it was something to the effect of 'we could follow the same kind of thing as the baseball league with the winners receiving cards'...so if these guys don't play in your other leagues, and know the routine we've played under, that's probably a bit open ended. Regardless, that guy was dead in the league after 10/26 of last year and still managed to place ninth because there were 4 other guys who didn't log into the league in 2010...we really need to start keeping tabs on the deadbeats and clip them from the list for the following year.

edit to add, I mean deadbeat as in a deadbeat GM..letting the team go inactive for long periods of time.
  • Your Welcome. I am glad that you like them.
    Got my 2nd package of goodies, this time from artistlost (Mathew). Thank you! Here are some of the hi-lites:

Got my 3rd Goodie box yesterday, this time from Danny (mtcards). Thank you!
  • nightcrawlernightcrawler Posts: 5,110 ✭✭
    Congrats Steve, good goin. image

I'll get right on it. I sorta lost track of this.

nightcrawler last place... What the ???? image
    Stinky Canadian! image
    Another goodie box, this time from John (jswieton), far too generous IMO! A Brett Hull Auto! Included with the 89-90 Topps was the full set! Thank you!

<< <i>Another goodie box, this time from John (jswieton), far too generous IMO! A Brett Hull Auto! Included with the 89-90 Topps was the full set! Thank you!
    image >>

That's really awesome Steve.

My apologies for being so slow sending out my prize, I'll be back to my collection on tuesday and that will be my priority.

Congrats to the winners, and thank you for your patience. image

<< <i>I'll be back to my collection on tuesday >>

Still mud season up there? Thought it would be dried out by now!
  • MeteoriteGuyMeteoriteGuy Posts: 7,140 ✭✭
    Nice prizes. Congrats. on the season.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.

I don't recall ever being this late before, although my uselessness knows no bounds. I'll be needing a couple addresses here, sending PMs in the morning. Congrats guys, sorry for the delay.
    OK PMs sent for addresses... c'mon guys, I like to get things done in a hurry. image

Absolutely floored by this prize. Just in from nightcrawler (Trent) way more than expected some people on this board are just way too generous. Thank you Trent, it is very appreciated!

imageimage
    WOW!!!!!image That is very generous. I wish I had tried harder. Nice job Trent.
  • leftofdialleftofdial Posts: 442 ✭✭
    Wow! That is a very nice card to send somebody. Nightcrawler, you made his day! Nice Gesture- very cool of you to send that out.

You're very welcome Steve. One of my all time favorite cards came from you.

Thanks guys, I wish no one any luck whatsoever next year.

And congrats to jimrad for being the #1 loser.

• jimradjimrad Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Thanks guys, I wish no one any luck whatsoever next year.

And congrats to jimrad for being the #1 loser.

image >>

imageimage
    Positive transactions with: Bkritz,Bosox1976,Brick,captainthreeputt,cpettimd,craigger,cwazzy,DES1984,Dboneesq,daddymc,Downtown1974,EAsports,EagleEyeKid,fattymacs,gameusedhoop,godblessUSA,goose3,KatsCards,mike22y2k,
    MULLINS5,1966CUDA,nam812,nightcrawler,OAKESY25,PowderedH2O,relaxed,RonBurgundy,samsgirl214,shagrotn77,swartz1,slantycouch,Statman,Wabittwax