Home Buy, Sell & Trade - World & Ancient Coins

1899 Florin and 1937 20-centavo "key"

Hey all, Below I (hopefully) have some pictures. I have a 1899 Florin (Great Britain). It appears that at one time, someone in the distant past tried to clean it and left some very light scratches across the front in the left field and cheek area, and in one of the shields. You have to tilt the coin toward a single-point lightsource to see it...I missed it completely under flourescents. I tried to take a picture of the scratches, and you can just make out some horizontal lines in the photo in the left field...crappy photo. Anyway, the surface is impaired, but you have to look to find the impairment. The coin has since retoned. I think its EF/AU cleaned....net grade of ??? I'd like $20 plus shipping for it. Note: No refunds on this coin...I've done my best to describe it, and it is worth what I'm asking...but I'm not going to be selling coins on an approval basis.

I am also offering a 1937 20-centavo. A very intricate pattern and a hook neck eagle. My 8-year old daughter and I found it in a "junk" box, but it turns out that it is the key of its series and somewhat low mintage. Guides for $44.50 in my outdated 2005 guidebook in XF condition. The two spots on the hook-necked eagle are not corrosion, looks like toning or some "gook", but I'm not going to clean it...you do that if you like. Anyway, I'd like to get $20 for it...half the proceeds go to my daughter. image

Shipping included, and I take paypal. Flea-bay username "reecy" for reference.
PM me at sreecy(at)comcast.net

Steve
Really enjoying collecting coins and currency again

My currency "Box of Ten" Thread: https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/1045579/my-likely-slow-to-develop-box-of-ten#latest