Home Metal Detecting

Oldie's were just jumping at me today!!!

Today was a great day of detecting,I was being attacked by old
coin's from all side's today!!image

Hooked up with a buddy of mine and we went and hit a sidewalk demo
that I hit a while back and found a seated and 2 IH's at.
Well they did some serious tearing up of the street and sidewalk some more.
They had dug trenchs where the sidewalk's were at and then just pushed all the dirt
back in when they were done.
Well we hit it and we hit it hard. First they I spot is a clay marble(just for you Maryimage)
After that my buddy find's a V-nickle and then it die's off for a bit,until I get this target
that I think is really nothing. So dig it and as I flip dirt out of the hole I see a
big coin,I grab it up and see that it is a barber halfimage My very first barber half!!!
I have found seated half's,WLH's and a Franklin half but never a barber.I have watched
as guy's around me have found them,but they just seemed to elude me,
that was until todayimage
So as I have this big smile on my faceimage I get back to hunting and about a half
hour later I get a real good shallow signal,I flip the dirt and BAM!!! another big silvery disc!!
I'm like going is this going to be one of those day's??
The disc turned out to be a seated half,this is my third one.
Well after working this area I move on to try another spot,it started out slow and then
I got that good signal. I flipped over the dirt and see a tiny disc,as I pick it up
I realize what it is.A half dime!!
About a foot from that I get another signal,a little lower in sound,well it turned out to
be a very well worn shield nickle. My last target of the day was a war nickle.

The coin's are 1853 seated half w/arrows and ray's,1894s barber half,1853 seated half dime w/arrows,
worn shield nickle and a 43s war nickle.

Here's the back of the half's.

Man what a day,hope everybody has a good day like this.

HH,Tom

Comments

• pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You didn't have a great day. You had a GREAT DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!image
  • pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭✭
    A major congrats! Any one of those silver coins would have made my day!
  • KarbKarb Posts: 557 ✭✭✭
    Awesome outing!!! I may need to get out today.
    Robert

Hoarding silver and collecting history
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now that is an awesome day... marvelous silver finds... and those coins are in great shape... HH Cheers, RickO
  • Hey there Marble-Man, what a great day you've had!!
    I have a new Ace 250 that has all of 17 minutes of use time. lol
    I've found a total of .47 with it. It's been a very busy summer though, maybe I'll have better luck finding MD time this fall. image
    Be Still and Know
  • AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,515 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow! Dreams galore with this story!!

It's finally cooling off here in Vegas and time to dust off the detector.
    Not just yet but very soon I will be on the hunt.

Since Vegas only goes back to 1905 not much chance of early coinage.

Just silver is all I need and maybe this year I'll find some (never have yet).

bob
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • gargoyle62gargoyle62 Posts: 268 ✭✭✭
    now that's what I'd call a very productive outing. congrats
  • Thanks all,I'm still a little shocked and keep pulling them out of my find's box
    just to make sure I'm not dreamingimage and I still can't believe how nice the
    seated half is.

Get out there and hunt.

HH,Tom
  • wow those are sharp looking. was that a local demo? i remember also when everyone i knew had dug a barber half near me and i had not one. i thought you had found one at the coleman dump project.
  • The town did a short sidewalk repair this week. By the time I see what they are doing it's almost done. I bet they wouldn't like it much if I swept the new pavement, found a signal and then dug a hole in the new sidewalk.
    "If I had a nickel for every nickel I ever had, I'd have all my nickels back".
  • lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, you suck so much.

I have never found a Seated half. And that Arrows & Rays piece is a sweetie. Congratulations!

YOU SUCK!

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Nice finds!
    Digging trash and treasure since 1977
  • Some major suckage you got goin on there Tom!
    Analog Rules! Knobs and Switches are cool!
    imageimage