Home Precious Metals
Options

2009 Silver Eagle Proof

Any news yet on these? Do they have enough to produce this years ?

Comments

• Options
    bigmarty58bigmarty58 Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My gut feeling is the Mint will produce 2009 Silver Eagle Proofs. Just in time for the holidays.

Robertimage
    Enthusiastic collector of British pre-decimal and Canadian decimal circulation coins.
  • Options
    tincuptincup Posts: 4,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they will also. But if and when they are offered.... I would not wait very long to get my order in.... may not be too many of them.
    ----- kj
  • Options
    a very limited time only sale starting around mid November? hmmmm .... which means they will arrive in time for April. edited for sp
  • Options
    Folks, I don't think we'll see one minted this year. But we can use uncirculated ASE for Christmas gifts.
  • Options
    Coll3ctorColl3ctor Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭
    Still waiting image
  • Options
    fishcookerfishcooker Posts: 3,446 ✭✭
    I think No is the answer for 2009.
  • Options
    I bet no-show, too.
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,475 ✭✭✭✭
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,920 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The United States Mint will not offer the following products in 2009: the one-ounce American Eagle Silver Proof Coin; the one-ounce American Eagle Silver Uncirculated Coin >>

Wow, no 2009 dated ASE's at all eh? Will this be the first gap in the series?
  • Options
    fivecentsfivecents Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Wow, no 2009 dated ASE's at all eh? Will this be the first gap in the series? >>

Or stick a fork in it, the all time end of the series.
  • Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>The United States Mint will not offer the following products in 2009: the one-ounce American Eagle Silver Proof Coin; the one-ounce American Eagle Silver Uncirculated Coin >>

Wow, no 2009 dated ASE's at all eh? Will this be the first gap in the series? >>

So have there been any sales of SAEs this year at all? And if so, what dates do they carry? I have bought some mint rolls recently dated both 2008 and 2009, so I'm quite surprised that the mint's website says none will be minted bearing the date 2009. Should I have them slabbed?

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭
    No W proofs.
    Business strike 2009 SAEs available all you can eat.
    May set all time record mintage this year

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options
    DeepCoinDeepCoin Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭
    The Mint has produced in excess of 20 million 2009 SAEs. They are bullion coins with no mint mark. The 2009-W will not be produced. That coin typically has a W mint mark and has been burnished in the past.

Given the availablity of blanks, I suspect the Mint will produce 2010-W SAE Uncs as they have far more margin in the numismatic version of this coin. However, the legislation required the Mint to produce the bullion coins to demand and as you all know that demand has been very high this year.
    Retired United States Mint guy, now working on an Everyman Type Set.
  • Options
    Coll3ctorColl3ctor Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭
    Funny how the mint can make all this crap but not make any 2009 silver eagle proofs that just happen to be one of the most popular collectibles the mint has offered the last 20+ years image
  • Options
    fishcookerfishcooker Posts: 3,446 ✭✭
    That stinks. Proof ASE's are nice coins at a reasonable price.
  • Options
    OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll see if I have any spare "W"s and a buffing cloth! image

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

• Options
    How many of the 2008W were minted?
    Remember, I'm pullen for ya; we're all in this together.---Red Green---
  • Options
    DieClashDieClash Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭

<< <i>How many of the 2008W were minted? >>

"Please help us keep these boards professional and informative…. And fun." - DW
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    BONGO HURTLES ALONG THE RAIN SODDEN HIGHWAY OF LIFE ON UNDERINFLATED BALD RETREAD TIRES
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

444,558 >>

You need to add another 90k+ from the Annual $1 coin set (which is still available from the Mint) Link to the product
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    DieClashDieClash Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

444,558 >>

You need to add another 90k+ from the Annual $1 coin set (which is still available from the Mint) Link to the product >>

I was trying to keep that my secret! imageimage
    "Please help us keep these boards professional and informative…. And fun." - DW
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    BONGO HURTLES ALONG THE RAIN SODDEN HIGHWAY OF LIFE ON UNDERINFLATED BALD RETREAD TIRES