Home PSA Set Registry Forum

POLL- Football Future HOF Rookie Players - Senior Set Additions- 2009

Alright, now that the Class of 2010 Senior selections have been made, it's time to put your votes in for any additions or subtractions to the Future HOF Senior Set this year. As our initial nomination list, I will submit everyone who got a vote last year, or has been newly added to the seniors pool for Class of 2010. Additional nominations are welcome. Please post with your vote and I will add them to the list.

Post your votes here and I will keep a running tally. Anyone that gets 50% or more of the vote to add or subtract I will submit to PSA for an officially poll of the current 24 set collectors. Here we go:

Pete Banazak, RB- 0 Pro Bowls, 0 first team All-Pro
Dick Barwegan, OG- 4 Pro Bowls, 4 first team All-Pro, All-Decade 1950's, 2nd Team
Maxie Baughan, OLB- 9 Pro Bowls, 2 first team All-Pro
Robert Brazile (new), OLB- 7 Pro Bowls, 2 first team All-Pro, All-Decade 1970's, 2nd Team
Harold Carmichael (new), WR- 4 Pro Bowls, 0 first team All-Pro, All-Decade 1970's, 2nd Team
Isaac Curtis (new), WR- 4 Pro Bowls, 0 first team All-Pro
Beattie Feathers, RB- N/A Pro Bowls, 1 first team All-Pro, All-Decade 1930's
Joe Fortunato, OLB- 5 Pro Bowls, 3 first team All-Pro, All-Decade 1950's, 2nd Team
Willie Galimore, RB- 1 Pro Bowls, 0 first team All-Pro
Marshall Goldberg, RB- N/A Pro Bowls, 0 first team All-Pro
Larry Grantham, OLB- 5 AFL Pro Bowls, 5 first team All-AFL, All-Time AFL 2nd Team
Winston Hill, OT- 4 AFL Pro Bowls, 4 NFL Pro Bowls, 0 first team All-AFL or NFL
Marv Hubbard, RB- 3 Pro Bowls, 0 first team All-Pro
Jimmy Patton, S- 5 Pro Bowls, 5 first team All-Pro
Otto Schnellbacher- DB, N/A Pro Bowls, 0 first team All-Pro
Del Shofner, WR- 5 Pro Bowls, 5 first team All-Pro
Otis Sistrunk, DT- 1 Pro Bowls, 0 first team All-Pro
Ed Sprinkle, DE- 4 Pro Bowls, 0 first team All-Pro, All Decade 1940's, 1st Team

My votes to add:
Robert Brazile-1

To Subtract:
NONE
I'm here to question, not to inspire or build up. To live how I want, as I see fit,
according to my values and my needs. Nothing holds dominion over me, I stand alone as the ruler of my life.

Comments

• recbballrecbball Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭
    Hi Jason,

Dick Barwegan, OG- 4 Pro Bowls, 4 first team All-Pro, All-Decade 1950's, 2nd Team
    Robert Brazile (new), OLB- 7 Pro Bowls, 2 first team All-Pro, All-Decade 1970's, 2nd Team
    Joe Fortunato, OLB- 5 Pro Bowls, 3 first team All-Pro, All-Decade 1950's, 2nd Team
    Ed Sprinkle, DE- 4 Pro Bowls, 0 first team All-Pro, All Decade 1940's, 1st Team

Tom
  • shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭✭
    I vote for Harold Jackson (5 PB, 1 first-team AP).
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • JasP24JasP24 Posts: 4,645 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I vote for Harold Jackson (5 PB, 1 first-team AP). >>

Harold Jackson is not eligible as a senior. He was a scab during the 1987 strike and therefore is still a modern candidate. Which is why he was on the list of modern era nominees last year.

Jason
    I'm here to question, not to inspire or build up. To live how I want, as I see fit,
    according to my values and my needs. Nothing holds dominion over me, I stand alone as the ruler of my life.
  • shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Harold Jackson is not eligible as a senior. He was a scab during the 1987 strike and therefore is still a modern candidate. Which is why he was on the list of modern era nominees last year. >>

I didn't realize they counted that as 'active' since he didn't play in either game he suited up for. Oh well.
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."

<< <i>

<< <i>Harold Jackson is not eligible as a senior. He was a scab during the 1987 strike and therefore is still a modern candidate. Which is why he was on the list of modern era nominees last year. >>

I didn't realize they counted that as 'active' since he didn't play in either game he suited up for. Oh well. >>

Me either until last year. "Active Roster" for even one day during the regular season seems to be how they are counting it now. This is why Kuechenberg ended up with an extra year of modern eligibility as well.

Jason
  • gregm13gregm13 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭
    My votes:

Ken Anderson
    Maxie Baughan
    Del Shofner
    Robert Brazille

Rgs,

Greg M.
    Collecting vintage auto'd fb cards and Dan Marino cards!!

References:
    Onlychild, Ahmanfan, fabfrank, wufdude, jradke, Reese, Jasp, thenavarro
    E-Bay id: greg_n_meg

<< <i>My votes:

Ken Anderson
    Maxie Baughan
    Del Shofner
    Robert Brazille

Rgs,

Greg M. >>

Ken Anderson isn't eligible for the senior set yet. He is also still a modern candidate. I will be voting for his addition once he becomes eligible though. Will add the other votes.

Jason

<< <i>

<< <i>My votes:

Ken Anderson
    Maxie Baughan
    Del Shofner
    Robert Brazille

Rgs,

Greg M. >>

Ken Anderson isn't eligible for the senior set yet. He is also still a modern candidate. I will be voting for his addition once he becomes eligible though. Will add the other votes.

Jason >>

Jason,

I think that his last football card is 1985, which is why I was thinking that he would be eligible this year. I forgot that he backed up Boomer in 1986, after which he retired.

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
    Jason,

I just checked the future hof - modern set and just realized that Ken Anderson wasn't yet included. I'm surprised that he hasn't been added yet.

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:

<< <i>Jason,

I just checked the future hof - modern set and just realized that Ken Anderson wasn't yet included. I'm surprised that he hasn't been added yet.

Rgs,

Greg M. >>

He's been voted on every year.

Jason
  • otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭
    My votes to add:
    Maxie Baughan
    Beattie Feathers
    Winston Hill - Wow!!! This guy gets NO respect! 8 Pro-Bowls, but the AFL/NFL split is the problem.
    Jimmy Patton
    Del Shofner

My votes to remove:
    Jim Tyrer - There's no way, given the circumstances of his untimely demise, that he'll ever get voted in regardless of how deserving.
    Billy Wilson - Underrated, but not sure he's ever going to get any consideration after the attempts by Walsh failed.
    Jack Butler

• my votes for:
    Dick Barwegan
    Maxie Baughan
    Robert Brazile
    Joe Fortunato
    Jimmy Patton
    Del Shofner
    remove:
    none
    Collector of NFL HOF RC's & Brian Urlacher

• My vote to add

Harold Carmichael (new), WR- 4 Pro Bowls, 0 first team All-Pro, All-Decade 1970's, 2nd Team
    Larry Grantham, OLB- 5 AFL Pro Bowls, 5 first team All-AFL, All-Time AFL 2nd Team
    Winston Hill, OT- 4 AFL Pro Bowls, 4 NFL Pro Bowls, 0 first team All-AFL or NFL

Delete
    none

Thanks for putting this together again Jason
  • NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    I don't have a Future Rookie Players set registered, but I'm slightly over 10% on my current HOF Rookies set.

If my vote counts, I vote to add Maxie Baughan and Robert Brazile.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭
    I don't really have a dog in this hunt, but I've long felt that Winston Hill is crying out to be elected. He's the Chris Hanburger of O linemen.

Consider that a vote if you want to take them from the floor, from someone who doesn't have that set registered.
  • jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,508 ✭✭✭✭
    I think we can drop the 2 raiders players. I was just kidding last year........

My votes to add:
    grantham
    baughan
    hill
    shoffner
    brazille

drop none
    Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • DavemriDavemri Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭
    Add none

Delete none

FINISHED 12/8/2008!!!
  • FavreFan1971FavreFan1971 Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭
    I say add none and delete none.

If I were a knob (some of you are laughing because you know I am one) I would add Pete Banazak, RB- 0 Pro Bowls, 0 first team All-Pro. He want to high school with my Mom in Crivitz, WI.
    Anyone with an opinion is free to vote here. Of course, keeping in mind that the OFFICIAL vote will only take place via PSA with the actually collectors of the set.

Will let the vote run through the weekend and request additions next week.

Jason

• Maxie Baugham
    Del Shofner

Frank
  • GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Anyone with an opinion is free to vote here. >>

Then add a vote to the tallies for Carmichael, Brazille and Grantham.
  • Add
    Maxie Baughan
    Del Shofner
    Robert Brazile
    Jimmy Patton
  • ADD-
    Maxie Baughan
    Robert Brazile
    Del Shofner
    Jimmy Patton
    Winston Hill
    Dick Barwegan
    Beattie Feathers
    Larry Grantham
    Harold Carmichael
    Joe Fortunato
    Ed Sprinkle
    Running tally: 16 voters

ADD-
    Maxie Baughan-10
    Robert Brazile-10
    Del Shofner-9
    Jimmy Patton-6
    Winston Hill-5
    Dick Barwegan-4
    Beattie Feathers-4
    Larry Grantham-4
    Harold Carmichael-3
    Joe Fortunato-3
    Ed Sprinkle-2

REMOVE-
    Jack Butler-1
    Jim Tyrer-1
    Billy Wilson-1
    We will close the poll voting this evening and I will submit the request to PSA tomorrow. Looking like these will be the selections as of right now going up to vote to all current set collectors:

Maxie Baughan-1961 Fleer #56
    Robert Brazile-1976 Topps #424
    Del Shofner-1959 Topps #15

Jason
  • recbballrecbball Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭
    Hi Jason,

Which cards did you submit to PSA to be voted on.

Tom
    The 3 I listed above that got more than 50% of the votes here.

Jason