Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

1932-D Quarter Lost in Mail PCGS - BOLO *8 Update - Postal Claim Paid in 7 Days!

All,
While not high grade or high value, I want to alert you to a missing 1932-D AG3 quarter. Last seen 6 Aug at the Fairfax Station VA post office. Paypal dispute and USPS Claims have both been submitted. Should you happen to see it, please let me know.

Give Blood (Red Bags) & Platelets (Yellow Bags)!

Comments

• Options
    droopyddroopyd Posts: 5,381 ✭✭✭
    you've had some bad luck with the mails....
    Me at the Springfield coin show:
    60 years into this hobby and I'm still working on my Lincoln set!
  • Options
    BoomBoom Posts: 10,165
  • Options
    itsnotjustmeitsnotjustme Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭
    The other one was two years back and I was the buyer. On this one, I was the seller.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck... hope you recover the coin...Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    tahoe98tahoe98 Posts: 11,388 ✭✭✭

.......i wish you imageon the recovery.
    "government is not reason, it is not eloquence-it is a force! like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master; never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action." George Washington
  • Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm fortunate enough to have partial circulated rolls of 1932 quarters...all mintmarks.

All because my mother was born that year...so her parents not being able to afford anything in a higher denomination...simply started pulling those out of change...I think about 30 in all. I suspect they actually collected 32, but someone probably spent a couple of them for an ice cream cone or something!
  • Options
    itsnotjustmeitsnotjustme Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭
    I filed on online claim with USPS near the same time I started this thread. Low and behold, an envelope in the mail today.... and it is not asking for more proof or documentation. It is a check for the sale price plus the postage (less insurance fee). 7 days filing to check in the mail.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file