Home Sports Talk
Options

National Champions!!!!! Roll Tide Roll!!!!

As of 7 o'clock central time on Monday August 31st, the CrimsonTider's Official College Football Kickoff Clock will be started.

120 Hours til kickoff.

Bring on Va Tech, #7 in the USAToday Preseason Poll

#5 vs #7

I say Bama wins
collecting Dale Murphy and OPC

Comments

• Options
    11/7/09
  • Options
    CrimsonTiderCrimsonTider Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭
    83 hours and counting.
  • Options
    53 and 1/2 hours and counting
  • Options
    This weekend will probably be he only time in my life that I can remember, that I will be rooting for bama. Gotta stick with the conference in a top 10 matchup.
  • Options
    I know why you want Bama to win. You want Bama to be undefeated when LSU rolls in. Nothing would be sweeter for a LSU fan than rolling into T-town and beating Bama. Raining on Saban's parade is a wet dream in cajun country.

Is there a college game tonight?
  • Options
    I actually didn't even think of that. I always pull for the SEC in high profile non-conference games.
  • Options
    ssdawg77ssdawg77 Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    South Carolina vs NC State and Boise St vs Oregon both play tonight.
  • Options
    Looks like I'm a c&ck fan tonight!

I too pull for the SEC teams when playing out of conference.

The only thing that could possible make college football any better would be topless cheerleaders
  • Options
    27 HOURS AND 44 MINUTES!!!!!
  • Options
    Anybody who thinks that V-tech can pull a Utah on Bama is smokin somethin funny.
    Bama will roll on defense. The Tide offense will methodically pick them apart. It's an easy ten point victory.

• Options
    11 hours and 11 minutes!!!

Let the drinking begin
  • Options
    Why the neutral site?
  • Options

<< <i>Why the neutral site? >>

Other conferences are scared to play SEC teams at their house.
  • Options
    Less than an hour.

Applying face paint right now, and I'm watching the game at home!!!

Ok I lied, no FP but I'm getting hyped!
  • Options
    Wow! I could not ask for more from the Tide. Our defence is nasty. Our O is pretty good. Bama's D maybe the best in the country. We have a shot at our elusive 13th national championship this year.

The scary part is that we are loaded with freshman and sophmores with a few juniors
  • Options
    I have the urge to start 27 threads about Bama this morning. Seeing that everyone is not into Bama as I am, I decided only to start 23 threads about Bama and the other four are about Saban.

To say that I am uber-pumped right now is an understatement. Bama's D is as nasty as cinemax after 11 P.M. Our middle linebackers are both 6'4" 260 and can fly! Our D-line is three deep. We have more runningbacks than Brett Michaels had crabs after filming the Rock of Love triology. Our O line is improving and so is our QB. As long as our QB is a game manager and not a game wrecker we have a shot at Florida. Don't get me started on Julio Jones, that boy will be playing on Sundays. Julio has beefed up, all teams will have to double him.

I love college football.

Too bad Georiga lost to a top ten team yesterday, if not for that, the SEC would have looked solid.
  • Options

<< <i> It's an easy ten point victory. >>

Well, it wasn't easy, but outside of that corner position on defense, the tide looked good.
  • Options
    I am man enough to say that I am no longer looking forward to 11/7/09. I will blame LSU's sluggish performance last night on jet lag due to a 2500 mile flight.
  • Options
    Loved watching the LSU game last night and seeing the TV picture shake due to the noise level at Husky stadium.
  • Options
    drewsefdrewsef Posts: 1,894 ✭✭
    Great start to the season obviously for Bama. McElroy really settled in and got in a nice rhythm. I wished Bama would have got a little more pressure on the QB on first and second down, but it was a overall great effort.

I know Va. Tech had given up at the end of the game on that last drive, but Trent Richardson really looked outstanding on those two runs he had. He had a great burst to the hole, hit it inside and drove defenders backwards, very impressive to me.

Upchurch looked great too, and Ingram reminds me of a bowling ball rolling downhill, and has a similar style to Maurice Jones-Drew in my opinion.
  • Options
    but outside of that corner position on defense

He hurt us last year. I have a feeling that he will be picked on this year.
  • Options
    Took my wife and stepdaughter to see the Braves today. Turner Field was full of Bama hats and each hat was sitting on top of a big smile. I saw a few Va Tech hats too. It was my stepdaughters first Braves game and she was not impressed. We had to leave in the eighth inning, but we did get a chili dog at the Varsity.
  • Options
    EstilEstil Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭✭
    You better be prepared for us October 3! After we came so close last year (14-17) and with whatever happens with the Florida game (win or lose), we should be very hungry for an upset! image You just better come prepared to play and not take us lightly, that's for sure! You did see what happened to #3 Oklahoma after all. image
    WISHLIST
    Dimes: 54S, 53P, 50P, 49S, 45D+S, 44S, 43D, 41S, 40D+S, 39D+S, 38D+S, 37D+S, 36S, 35D+S, all 16-34's
    Quarters: 52S, 47S, 46S, 40S, 39S, 38S, 37D+S, 36D+S, 35D, 34D, 32D+S
    74 Topps: 37,38,46,47,48,138,151,193,210,214,223,241,256,264,268,277,289,316,435,552,570,577,592,602,610,654,655
    1997 Finest silver: 115, 135, 139, 145, 310
    1995 Ultra Gold Medallion Sets: Golden Prospects, HR Kings, On-Base Leaders, Power Plus, RBI Kings, Rising Stars
  • Options
    Duly noted
  • Options

<< <i>You better be prepared for us October 3! After we came so close last year (14-17) and with whatever happens with the Florida game (win or lose), we should be very hungry for an upset! image You just better come prepared to play and not take us lightly, that's for sure! You did see what happened to #3 Oklahoma after all. image >>

I saw them lose the reigning Heisman trophy winner at the most important position in football and lose by one point to the #20 team in the country. Those Cats aren't going to sneak up on us and come close this year, go ahead and take note.
  • Options
    mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Why the neutral site? >>

1) Recruiting- Bama and Va Tech both want to have a bigger recruiting presence in Atlanta and this game gives them visability in that market. Ditto for U of Oklahoma in Dallas.
    2) What Bill said. If Va Tech takes a flight into Birmingham and then a busride down to T-town, they lose by 27. Neutral field gives them a fighting chance.
    3) If you'll notice, most of these neutral field sites have giant corporate sponsors. Bama/Va Tech was sponsored by Chick-Fil-A. OK/BYU in Dallas also had a corp. sponsor. More $$ for the schools.

-Michael
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.
  • Options
    I felt last year that Bama was the best all around team in the SEC, but Tebow would probably be the difference maker
    in the conference. I feel the same exact way this year, Bama has the best all around team, now will Tebow do it to them again.

And how about that kicking tandem of Fitzgerald and Tiffin. That is the best in the country.
  • Options

<< <i>And how about that kicking tandem of Fitzgerald and Tiffin. That is the best in the country. >>

UGA's placekicker hit a 54 yarder with room to spare near the end of the 1st half against OSU. I think I'd take him over Tiffin, who at any point could go mental and start missing PATs again. I still remember Tiffin when he was a freshman and the coaching staff would go for it on 4th and long just to keep him off the field. Yes, he's improved, but its quite a stretch to call he and Fitzgerald the "best in the country" in terms of kicking games.
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

• Options
    Florida International gave us all we wanted last night. I'm somewhat worried about special teams, 2 games; 2 KO returned for TD.

Trent Richardson is a special player. It will be hard to keep the ball out of his hands. He will be the SEC Freshman of the Year this year.
  • Options
    McElroy is improving, hopefully everyone can stay healthy through next week, and I have to say I called Trent Richardson being special on the two runs I saw out of him in the Va. Tech game(not that is hard to believe in a top RB out of high school, but I was basing it only on those two runs)

It would be nice to see Bama play a complete game but I like what I see so far.
  • Options
    Trent Richardson won the SEC Freshaman of the Week.

He broke all of Emmitt high school records. Over 400 yards rushing in one game. He maybe the real deal, only time will tell.

I'm not going to annoint him just yet, but I'm going to enjoy watching this young man run the ball for ,I hope, the next four years.
  • Options
    Alabama got burned by a good passing Utah team last year.
    FIA got 1 yard rushing on 26 carries, and over 200 yards in the passing game last week.

I think Nick Saban is committing too many defensive athletes to the run. He probably should start to teach his linebackers how to
    cover better in the passing game. Stopping the run is great, but you won't beat Florida without some good pass
    defense.
  • Options
    54 - 7 over North Texas. North Texas is not a real good team

13 for 15 for 176 yards with 2 TDs, Mcelroy, our QB looked good.

Special teams still scare me, we have room for improvement.

Only one senior on the offensive side of the ball, a lot of young talent at the Capstone. I smell a dynasty!
  • Options
    I have a feeling that we will move up to #3 in the next poll
  • Options
    While I believe polls really shouldn't come out until the 4th or 5th week of the season, I think you could argue that
    the SEC has 4 of the top 5 spots. Penn State plays no one and plays in a very weak conference.

Florida...Texas...Alabama...Ole Miss...LSU
  • Options
    Poor arkansas plays all for this year and they have to travel to all four games
  • Options
    Hightower hurt his knee, I hope it is not season ending.

Our O-line is not as good as last year, but our passing game is better.

Beat a good Arkansaa team, so I am thrilled about that. Our D is just plain nasty.

Trent Richardson may win SEC Freshman of the Week again this week. He had one of the best runs that I have seen in awhile.

Julio Jones is a NFL first round lock. The only question is if he stays for his senior year. I'm afraid he is gone after next year.

Good win. Roll Tide Roll!

• Options
    Another nice win, Richardson will be Bama's best back since Shaun and Bobby Humphrey before him.

Dre Kirkpatrick is really starting to look like another impact player with some excellent special teams tackles, and had a chance for an interception and Dareus is becoming an absolute terror for the opposing quarterbacks.

Hopefully it isn't a really bad knee injury for Hightower, Reamer really ticked me off with the completely unneccesary block in the back on Arenas' 64 yard return.
  • Options
    I really noticed Kirkpatrick too. 21 was very active on special teams.

The contributions that we are having from freshmen and sophmores is just off the chart.

Back to back #1 recruiting classes is starting to pay off, we now have depth and youth!
  • Options
    Richardson does it again!!!!!!!!!!!!

For the second time in the past three weeks, Alabama running back Trent Richardson has been named the Southeastern Conference's freshman of the week.

In Alabama's 3-7 victory over Arkansas on Saturday, Richardson ran nine times for 65 yards and caught two passes for 16 yards. He ran 52 yards for the third-ranked Crimson Tide's first touchdowns, breaking four tackles and dodging a would-be tackler near the goal line.

Richardson also was the league's freshman the week after the Tide's second game, a 40-14 victory over Florida International. He ran 15 times for 118 yards and two touchdowns in that game.

Senior cornerback/kick returner Javier Arenas received honorable mention honors from the SEC. He had five tackles, three for losses, against Arkansas. Two of those tackles were second-quarter sacks. He added four punt returns for 59 yards.

• Options
    Three SEC wins in a row.

We got the best defense in the nation! Five turnovers today. To say that our D is nasty would be an understatement.

We still have some tough games ahead, Tenn, @LSU, and @ AUB. All three should be tough. Then, hopefully, bring on Tebow.

Roll Tide Roll!!
  • Options
    If I was voting, my #1 overall vote would have to go to Alabama. The defense looks overwhelming at this point. Florida's offense, on the other hand, looks average for some reason. I didn't realize that Florida's WR would actually be human this year. No Harvin, no Louis Murphy, no more Caldwells....

1) Alabama will absolutely crush LSU
    2) Auburn will keep it interesting, for the first half at least
    3) I can't believe I'm saying this, but I really think Ala beats UF by 2 touchdowns+ in Atlanta. Having no WR will eventually slow Florida's offense. Tebow + undersized running backs will not work againt Tide D.
    4) They'll either play Texas, Iowa (am I really saying that?), or Boise (am I really saying that?) in Pasadena. I actually believe Texas could keep it close. If Texas loses to Oklahoma, and Boise, Iowa, or Cinncinnati slips into the title game, fuhgetaboutit.

The stars have lined up for the Tide...

• Options
    Defence wins championships. Bama was able to kepp a Spurrior coached team out of the endzone. Our QB had his worst game of the year, however Mark Ingram turned into A. Peterson.

Jumped Fla. in the polls and we are now #1.

Still have some major hurdles left, but I like what I'm seeing.
  • Options
    Bama beat Arkansas a lot better then Florida beat Arkansas.
    I think that's why you see a change in the polling.

Florida are still the champs though. Bama and Saban have no ring until they dethrone them.
    Doesn't matter who number 1 is.
  • Options

<< <i>Jumped Fla. in the polls and we are now #1. >>

Not true:

BCS Standings
    RK TEAM RECORD
    1 Florida 6-0
    2 Alabama 7-0
    3 Texas 6-0
    4 Boise State 6-0
    5 Cincinnati 6-0
    6 Iowa 7-0
    7 USC 5-1
    8 TCU 6-0
    9 LSU 5-1
    10 Miami (FL) 5-1

USA Today Poll
    RK TEAM RECORD PTS
    1 Florida (49) 6-0 1464
    2 Alabama (9) 7-0 1398
    3 Texas (1) 6-0 1386
    4 USC 5-1 1237
    5 Boise State 6-0 1153
    6 Cincinnati 6-0 1104
    7 TCU 6-0 1069
    8 Iowa 7-0 1037
    9 Miami (FL) 5-1 998
    10 LSU 5-1 995
  • Options
    TRUE:

AP Top 25

1.Alabama (39) 2.Florida (20) 3.Texas 4.USC 5.Cincinnati 6.Boise St. 7.Iowa 8.Miami (FL) 9.LSU 10.TCU 11.Georgia Tech 12.Oregon 13.Penn St. 14.Oklahoma St. 15.Virginia Tech 16.BYU 17.Houston 18.Ohio St. 19.Utah 20.Pittsburgh 21.Texas Tech 22.West Virginia 23.South Carolina 24.Kansas 25.Oklahoma

Although as edmundfitzgerald pointed out, none of the rankings right now mean much. Bama has to win out and beat Florida to have a chance to be #1 when it counts.
  • Options
    I hope that we get to play Fla. I hope the we are still undefeated.

It is nice to gain the #1 spot in the AP poll for the second year in a row.

I'm ready to take ole' Smokey out to the woodshed and beat the ever lovin rocky top out of him this weekend.
  • Options

<< <i>

I'm ready to take ole' Smokey out to the woodshed and beat the ever lovin rocky top out of him this weekend. >>

It all depends on whether crazy crompton decides to be great or horrific this weekend.

I'm also watching the date with Mississippi State. If State didn't turn the ball over 13 times, they would have beat
    LSU, Georgia Tech, and Houston in consecutive weekends. That's pretty impressive.
  • Options

<< <i>TRUE:

AP Top 25
    >>

Like I said, not true. He said "polls" not "poll". Two out of three have Florida at #1.
  • Options
    Your omitting the Joey's Official College Football Level of Awesomeness Poll in which Bama is firmly in first place. BTW, Bama is always #1 in that poll, even in the last year of the Dubose era.