Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

End of an era.

Well, if I read Don Willis's post correctly, our weekly Darkside sale threads are a thing of the past. Now we'll have to wade through a bazillion pages of state quarters and american eagles for sale in order to find world material.

Why he wants to singlehandedly destroy a system that has been working well for almost a decade is beyond me.

It's been fun. See you on another forum somewhere...

Comments

• Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gotta agree Dan. I guess it something works, change it. This really sucks.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options

<< <i>Now we'll have to wade through a bazillion pages of state quarters and american eagles for sale in order to find world material. >>

That's one of the reasons I never visit that forum- there are already three pages of posts just today. More often than not, I'm not looking for something specific that could be found using the search function. Rather, it's just from browsing the stuff for sale when something catches my eye, that I decide I need it.

Too bad.

edited to add... how about a separate BST for world coins?
  • Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    Who is Don Willis? When did he become president? How long has he been working for PCGS? Does he know anything about coins? Just wondering.

For what it's worth (or not worth), the Precious Metals Forum has its own Darkside-style BST thread every week. Oops, I guess not for long!

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    MacCrimmonMacCrimmon Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭
    The week that Camelot died.
  • Options
    MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 23,947 ✭✭✭✭✭
    FYI, I posted another thread asking "Why not a BST forum for World Coins?" because the heading "End of an era" might not draw the attention the powers that be.
    Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.
  • Options
    DonWillisDonWillis Posts: 961 ✭✭✭
    OK. You guys are right. One weekly B/S/T post makes sense and is fair to everyone.

Any other posts offering material for B/S/T will get poofed. The poster may as well.
  • Options
    DNADaveDNADave Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    thank you

from a relatively new world coin guy
  • Options
    MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 23,947 ✭✭✭✭✭
    FYI, I posted another thread asking "Why not a BST forum for World Coins?" because the heading "End of an era" might not draw the attention the powers that be.

Damn. That seemed like a pretty good idea for not even one minute. image
    Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.
  • Options
    I think that's a good decision, Mr. President.

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    Silvereagle82Silvereagle82 Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I think that's a good decision, Mr. President.
    imageimageimage >>

I agree ... Thanks Mr. Willis
  • Options
    ormandhormandh Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭
    I am surprised that there is a problem. I am thinking that everyone on here at one point or another has had a post selling a coin or two. I always thought that we were all adults on this darkside forum and could work out our differences without bringing in the powers that be to police us. What are we in grade school? Grow up and stop complaining. If you have a problem with someone then take it to the pms.
  • Options
    Glad to see the decision was reversed and even more glad that I decided to postpone posting my hot-headed response to the initial decision.

• Options
    HussuloHussulo Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    I say vive la SSP!!!

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

• Options
    stevereecystevereecy Posts: 203 ✭✭✭
    Thanks. I'm finding it helpful in learning what people are going after and what is "nice".
    Really enjoying collecting coins and currency again

My currency "Box of Ten" Thread: https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/1045579/my-likely-slow-to-develop-box-of-ten#latest