Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

What is the Deal with the LP1 Log Cabin Roll Sets...

I see that these are now averaging close to $100 per unopened box on flea bay. The buy price seems to be ridiculously high.

What are the buyer's of these mint sets doing with them? Searching for high grade examples for slabbing? Are their valuable die varities for this issue?

I have several of these unopened mint sets and am seriously considering converting them into a 1909-s Lincolnimage Unless I'd be better off opening them up? image


imageimage
Collector of Early 20th Century U.S. Coinage.
ANA Member R-3147111

Comments

  • Options


    << <i>I see that these are now averaging close to $100 per unopened box on flea bay. The buy price seems to be ridiculously high.

    What are the buyer's of these mint sets doing with them? Searching for high grade examples for slabbing? Are their valuable die varities for this issue?

    I have several of these unopened mint sets and am seriously considering converting them into a 1909-s Lincolnimage Unless I'd be better off opening them up? image >>



    There was only 80.000 sets issued as opposed to 300,000 of lp2 and 3
  • Options
    STONESTONE Posts: 15,275 ✭


    << <i>

    << <i>I see that these are now averaging close to $100 per unopened box on flea bay. The buy price seems to be ridiculously high.

    What are the buyer's of these mint sets doing with them? Searching for high grade examples for slabbing? Are their valuable die varities for this issue?

    I have several of these unopened mint sets and am seriously considering converting them into a 1909-s Lincolnimage Unless I'd be better off opening them up? image >>



    There was only 80.000 sets issued as opposed to 300,000 of lp2 and 3 >>


    Does the 80,000 make them rare? image
  • Options
    OneCentOneCent Posts: 3,561 ✭


    << <i>

    << <i>I see that these are now averaging close to $100 per unopened box on flea bay. The buy price seems to be ridiculously high.

    What are the buyer's of these mint sets doing with them? Searching for high grade examples for slabbing? Are their valuable die varities for this issue?

    I have several of these unopened mint sets and am seriously considering converting them into a 1909-s Lincolnimage Unless I'd be better off opening them up? image >>



    There was only 80.000 sets issued as opposed to 300,000 of lp2 and 3 >>




    Only 80,000...image

    What's that like 8M cents?


    Thanks for the explanation though! image
    imageimage
    Collector of Early 20th Century U.S. Coinage.
    ANA Member R-3147111
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just the latest firestorm of new stuff... it will burn out like all the initial hubbub over new stuff. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    tahoe98tahoe98 Posts: 11,388 ✭✭✭


    << <i>

    << <i>I see that these are now averaging close to $100 per unopened box on flea bay. The buy price seems to be ridiculously high.

    What are the buyer's of these mint sets doing with them? Searching for high grade examples for slabbing? Are their valuable die varities for this issue?

    I have several of these unopened mint sets and am seriously considering converting them into a 1909-s Lincolnimage Unless I'd be better off opening them up? image >>



    There was only 80.000 sets issued as opposed to 300,000 of lp2 and 3 >>



    ........for now, anyway, unless the mint does like it did with the LP-2's (below)

    from the mint blog:

    The US Mint has put the Two Roll Set for the second redesigned 2009 Lincoln Cent back on sale. The set had been taken off sale on August 12, 2009 after selling 300,000 units.

    This is one of several times this year when the US Mint has taken a product off sale, marked the product page as "Sold Out", moved it to the "No Longer Available" section of their website, and then quietly put the product back on sale. This had occurred with sales of the William Henry Harrison Dollar Rolls and John Tyler Dollar Rolls.

    In past similar situations, the re-offering period has only lasted a few days to a week before the products were once again "sold out."image
    "government is not reason, it is not eloquence-it is a force! like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master; never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action." George Washington
  • Options


    << <i>

    << <i>I see that these are now averaging close to $100 per unopened box on flea bay. The buy price seems to be ridiculously high.

    What are the buyer's of these mint sets doing with them? Searching for high grade examples for slabbing? Are their valuable die varities for this issue?

    I have several of these unopened mint sets and am seriously considering converting them into a 1909-s Lincolnimage Unless I'd be better off opening them up? image >>



    There was only 80.000 sets issued as opposed to 300,000 of lp2 and 3 >>



    Actually 96,000 sets were issued Linky..even more R@RE!!. Hey, if they stay at $100/set I'm happy with that. I got my 4 sets right here image
  • Options


    << <i>Just the latest firestorm of new stuff... it will burn out like all the initial hubbub over new stuff. Cheers, RickO >>



    Id agree with you Ricko , none in circulation and everybody hoarding , the bottem will drop out when peeps wake up.
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,672 ✭✭✭✭✭


    << <i>

    << <i>

    << <i>I see that these are now averaging close to $100 per unopened box on flea bay. The buy price seems to be ridiculously high.

    What are the buyer's of these mint sets doing with them? Searching for high grade examples for slabbing? Are their valuable die varities for this issue?

    I have several of these unopened mint sets and am seriously considering converting them into a 1909-s Lincolnimage Unless I'd be better off opening them up? image >>



    There was only 80.000 sets issued as opposed to 300,000 of lp2 and 3 >>


    Does the 80,000 make them rare? image >>



    No, but it does make them scarce to the chitload of peeps who want them for whatever reason. I'd like a couple for my grandkid's birth year, but not at $100 a pop.
    theknowitalltroll;

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file