Home Metal Detecting
Options

MD'ing in Hawaii?

BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
Anyone metal detect in Hawaii? We are going in a couple of months and I thought it would be cool (Maui this time).
Not sure if it is allowed or not......

What about traveling with a MD? Put in check baggage? How to pack?

Suggestions?

Thanks!

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Ron.
    On the FMDF there are several detectorists from Hawaii... and they do VERY WELL!!!! Rings galore... most detect the water (wading), however, if you do not have a 'wet' detector, I am sure the dry sand will produce somewhat. Traveling with MD is no problem either. And yes, it is allowed ... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    Thanks Rick image

No "wet" detector image
    (I need to learn how to use this one first image ).

What is the link for the forum you mentioned?

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    can you bring me back one of those hoola girls?????????????????
  • Options
    Rick,

Never mind. Found the friendly forum and saw you are a member there as well image

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ron,
    Join up there... it is a great forum with a lot of expert MD'rs.... always willing to help and no BS....
    Cheers, RickO