3. USC
4. Oklahoma
5. Alabama
6. Georgia Tech
7. Illinois
8. Ohio State
9. California
10. Mississippi

I know- looks alittle strange but I am expecting big things from GT, Il and Cal and Ole Miss

Just some Big games:

USC- Ohio State

Ohio State- Illinois- first time these teams have played in September

Mississippi- Alabama- mostlikely the biggest since the days of Bear Bryant and Johhny Vaught

USC-Cal- should be good

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

Comments

• joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    Is Ohio State going to once again take up a big bowl game spot only to get blown up? They should be banned for playing a sissy schedule every year
    and masquerading as a good team. Will USC play a road game more than 2 hours away? Can UF schedule an easier cupcake opener than Chattanoga
    Community College?

College football is @#@ pathetic.

• << <i>Can UF schedule an easier cupcake opener than Chattanoga >>

pointspread was over 70 last I heard
  • IrishMikeIrishMike Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭
    Illinois won't finish in the top three in the big ten.
  • coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,721 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Illinois won't finish in the top three in the big ten.

They have alot of talent and one of the most unusual schedules in School history this year- they play OSU in September and their last two games are non conference games after Thanksgiving with their first regular season game ever in December. They could be one of the bigggest surprises or disappointments

• Interesting, only 2 of your top ten are in colder weather states. The top players are getting smart enough to go to the warmer states.
    SOCIALIZED MEDICINE: The wealthiest class treats the lowest class and sends the bill to the middle class.
  • RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    Final BCS Standings in 2010:

1. Texas
    2. Florida
    3. Ohio State
    4. USC
    5. Alabama
    6. Oklahoma
    7. Penn State
    8. Georgia Tech
    9. LSU
    10. Oklahoma State
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
  • matthewbschultz83matthewbschultz83 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭
    I don't see how anyone can put Oklahoma State in the top 10 at the end of the year. They will have 2 losses in the Big XII south automatically. And watch out for Texas Tech. I realize we lost a lot, but we've lost QBs before and Taylor Potts may be the best QB of the bunch that Mike Leach has had. I know Tech has had trouble in Stillwater in the past 3 or so trips, but Mike "I'm now 42" Gundy hasn't won a big game while at OSU.

1. USC
    2. Florida
    3. Alabama
    4. Texas
    5. Mississippi
    6. Penn State
    7. Utah
    8. Georgia
    9. Virginia Tech
    10. Oregon

Also pre-season rankings are garbage. You're ranking a team on what you think they are going to do. And teams like Texas, OU, USC, basically anyone in the top 10 have this inherant advantage. Can anyone explain to me what Texas Tech did not to deserve to be ranked? This team was #2 in the nation as late as the last week in November. the went on to drop 2 of their next 3 (both in AP/coaches top 10) and finished at 11th or 12th in the nation. Now just play my hypothetical game....

Lets say we beat OU, beat Baylor, won the Big XII title, and beat Florida in the National Championship game. Yea, we're number 1!!! We still lose Crabtree and Harrell do we still start the year out of the top 25? OU lost a lot, several receivers, several key O and D lineman, yet people seem to put them in the top 5. Seems like we are voting on name only.
    Matt's Card Page
    What I'm selling

Building Sets, Collecting Texas Rangers, and Texas Tech Red Raiders
  • larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,055 ✭✭✭
    Can UF schedule an easier cupcake opener than Chattanoga Community College?

Check the rest of the SEC schedule and you are bound to find some easier cupcakes. The SEC, as good as they are, schedules the most pathetic group of pre-season "games." Why bother!

As for top 10 I don't know but am hoping Boise State can get in there and mess things up for the "big" guys.

I am not so sure about USC being so high. I think this may be the year that Cal or Oregon takes the Pac 10 title.
  • MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    I am pretty sure OSU has beaten OU in recent history (Stoops era) so I think that would count as a big win.
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set

<< <i>I am pretty sure OSU has beaten OU in recent history (Stoops era) so I think that would count as a big win. >>

The last time OSU beat Oklahoma was 2002, Les Miles was the head coach then.

In the Gundy era 2005-present:
    2005: only conference win was against Texas Tech (probably cost us a BCS bowl berth....)
    2006: beat a .500 Kansas team, a 9 win Nebraska team, and a .500 Alabama team in a bowl game
    2007: best win was against a 9-4 Texas Tech team (cost us a chance at the Cotton Bowl....), beat a sub .500 Nebraska team, and a 7-5 Indiana team in the Insight Bowl
    2008: They started 7-0, best win in that group and entire Gundy era was over at the time #3, but weren't that good, they then went 2-4 over their last 6 with their only wins against Iowa State and Colorado. They lost to the top 3 teams in the Nation (UT, Tech, OU) and then #17 Oregon in the Holiday Bowl

So one big win in the Gundy era. But he's a man and he's 42.

Matt's Card Page
    What I'm selling

anyone else?

• I heard Notre Dame was gonna win it all this year! image
  • SEC homer top 10

1. LSU
    2. USC (after getting thrashed by LSU in the BCS title game)
    3. Florida (only reason they won't win the title is because they got beat twice by LSU)
    4. Ole Miss
    5. Alabama
    6-10. Who really cares?

• joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    Florida 3rd with 2 losses? What are you smoking?
  • CrimsonTiderCrimsonTider Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭
    The winner of the SEC Championship game will be the national champion. The winner of that game will get to play in the Formality Bowl, which will make it official.

My hope is that Bama will win that game.
    collecting Dale Murphy and OPC
  • billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭
    It's amazing how people who don't live in Texas, Oklahoma or Kansas can so easily forget about the Big XII when making their pre-season picks.
    The Oklahoma- Texas game this year is one I am looking forward to- should be excellent

• SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,660 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Year in and year out Cal can be counted on to disappoint.

Cal [the administration, the alumni and probably some of the students] would like to see its football team become a perennial contender for the PAC 10 and National title, but most of the students and the citizens of Berkeley do not care a whit. Cal has had some talented players over the years but the team just seems to disappear in games which really count.
    In recent years Cal has disappointed in those games they were favored and should have won-

This year could be alittle different. Tedford is a good coach ( in my top 20) and Cal will likely live up to some higher expectations if they just don't look beyond the games in which they are favored

• << <i>It's amazing how people who don't live in Texas, Oklahoma or Kansas can so easily forget about the Big XII when making their pre-season picks. >>

Not too "Big" if you can only mention 3 teams.

• << <i>Florida 3rd with 2 losses? What are you smoking? >>

I sure hope you are saying that they can't finish that high with 2 losses. It would once again show you how little you know about sports.

<< <i>In recent years Cal has disappointed in those games they were favored and should have won-

This year could be alittle different. Tedford is a good coach ( in my top 20) and Cal will likely live up to some higher expectations if they just don't look beyond the games in which they are favored >>

The 2004 Holiday Bowl comes to mind image
    Matt's Card Page
    What I'm selling

• CrimsonTiderCrimsonTider Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭
    SEC will have a fourpeat!!!!!

Who will win the SEC?

I don't know, but they will also win the national title!
    collecting Dale Murphy and OPC
    While I have Florida ranked number one today (at the end of the season), I think there are close to 10 teams that could win the National Championship.

• coinkat,

fireronzook domain is available again. Seriously, what happened?
    Benn was injured and missed most of the game. Williams did not have a good game- keep in mind his total offense in last year's game with Mizzou was around 460 yards. Illinois I thought would be a serious conference contender and now I am not sure what happens next... I suppose it is good that the wake up call came early in the season.

I don't see a top ten finish for Illinois unless they win 11 straight- funny thing is the 1983 season started with an embarrassing loss to Missouri and they rolled off 10 straight after that.

As for Cal and Georgia Tech- well, stay tooned- it could get interesting

Okay... I was wrong.

Just trying to keep this accurate for the record for those keeping score

• Work kept me from going to the Doak tonight. Hopefully Tech extends their streak over the semenholes to two image
    I hope GT wins as well... they are truly a tatented team and worthy of an ACC Championship

• Wow, what a game. I'll certainly be in Atlanta this coming weekend for GT/VT
    Go Boise State!
  • GO BULLS! So ready for our matchup this Thursday night on ESPN vs. Cincinnati!
    GO BULLS! So ready for our matchup this Thursday night on ESPN vs. Cincinnati!

Both undefeated, right?

We will be rooting for your school Goot! Go USF!

• << <i>GO BULLS! So ready for our matchup this Thursday night on ESPN vs. Cincinnati!

Both undefeated, right?

We will be rooting for your school Goot! Go USF! >>

Yep, we're both undefeated. I'm a bit nervous because nobody is sure just how good we really are since we haven't really been tested yet (only real teams we've played are Syracuse and a crappy FSU team). This game will be HUGE, especially since we play AT Pitt the next weekend and then home vs. West Virginia on a Friday the week after that. Can't wait though! I haven't found out if I won a student ticket yet but if I do, you may just see me during extra points if I can get into the stadium early enough image

Bulls!

BIG Hits
  • Just found out I won a lower bowl student ticket. Should be fun. My buddies and I will probably limit the tailgating and get into the stadium about 1 hour before kickoff to get a good seat. It's going to be a very fun next 5 days!
  • BunkerBunker Posts: 3,926
    Thursday night should be a good one!

Go Cats!

My daughter was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at the age of 2 (2003). My son was diagnosed with Type 1 when he was 17 on December 31, 2009. We were stunned that another child of ours had been diagnosed. Please, if you don't have a favorite charity, consider giving to the JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation)

JDRF Donation
  • I cant wait to see what SEC team Iowa will beat again in January.
    My baseball and MMA articles-
    http://sportsfansnews.com/author/andy-fischer/

imagey
    Just found out I won a lower bowl student ticket. Should be fun. My buddies and I will probably limit the tailgating and get into the stadium about 1 hour before kickoff to get a good seat. It's going to be a very fun next 5 days!

Oh to be young! I am sure you guys will have a blast. I am jealous.

• << <i>Just found out I won a lower bowl student ticket. Should be fun. My buddies and I will probably limit the tailgating and get into the stadium about 1 hour before kickoff to get a good seat. It's going to be a very fun next 5 days! >>

Nice man. Thursday night games were the greatest.
  • Yep can't wait! I'll be sure to post some pictures in the picture thread over in the Cards & Mem. section. Maybe I'll get a glimpse of Erin Andrews.....she is from Tampa afterall image

And I agree weeknight games are pretty fun. It's awesome to be the only game on TV. Lucky for me, I get out of classes at 1:45 on Thursdays so I have plenty of time to get to the stadium.
    Lucky for me, I get out of classes at 1:45 on Thursdays so I have plenty of time to get to the stadium.

Quit rubbing it in. Man I am jealous. I won't even ask if you are going to make it to your Friday morning class. It's probably not until 10 but little chance you (or few others) make that one!

• << <i>Lucky for me, I get out of classes at 1:45 on Thursdays so I have plenty of time to get to the stadium.

Quit rubbing it in. Man I am jealous. I won't even ask if you are going to make it to your Friday morning class. It's probably not until 10 but little chance you (or few others) make that one! >>

If I want to make you real jealous I have some stories to tell, not here though image Well on Fridays I have discussion for my Latin American History Class at 12:30, but I also happen to have a math exam at 3:45 image I'm just studying throughout the week to make sure I understand it all, so I can just look it over Friday morning!

And so we don't turn this into a USF thread, HERE are some "expert" picks for this weekends games.
    Boise State really screwed themselves the last two games. They had trouble with 1aa UC Davis two weeks ago and last night Tulsa. They will still get into a BCS game but NOT the championship. They need to be winning these games 56-0 or more.

• << <i>Boise State really screwed themselves the last two games. They had trouble with 1aa UC Davis two weeks ago and last night Tulsa. They will still get into a BCS game but NOT the championship. They need to be winning these games 56-0 or more. >>

Exactly. Oklahoma beat Tulsa 45-0. My roommate, who is somewhat new to college football, even said "how are they #5?" after seeing their schedule and then seeing them barely beat Tulsa.

Anyways, I just got done with class and eating. Now I have to study for a little bit before heading to the stadium around 4:30. Game tonight is going to be awesome... I know me and 14,999 other members of the USF student body are about to rock Ray Jay! If Cinci wins this one they deserve it 100%! Go BULLS!
    Now I have to study for a little bit before heading to the stadium around 4:30

It's only October. Can't be much studying to do yet! Finals are 6, or more, weeks away. Wait 5 before really studying! image

• << <i>Now I have to study for a little bit before heading to the stadium around 4:30

It's only October. Can't be much studying to do yet! Finals are 6, or more, weeks away. Wait 5 before really studying! image >>

Midterm week image
  • Already in the stadium...... 6th row of the student section behind the endzone. Pike was just out here tossing the ball around and got a nice heckling image
  • Tough game but oh well. Our Freshman QB finally looked like one....tried to force some things, but that will change with experience. Dropped passes by receivers were brutal. Our defense was pretty good containing a great Cinci offense for the most part, except for a few brain farts (qb sneak td comes to mind).

Great atmosphere for 3 quarters of football. Eventually everyones spirits were broken though and people started to head out. Saw Erin Andrews and her TIGHT pants a few times haha. I was one of few that stuck it out until the last second (always do). I just hope we can turn it around at a (probably) ranked Pitt team next weekend. Should be a good game. Us in Bulls Country are praying for no more mid-season losing streaks! I still see us going 9-3 (7-5 WORST case scenario).....losing to Miami at home Thanksgiving weekend and probably a Big East game to either WVU, Pitt, or at Rutgers (they have our number).

Hope everyone that watched it on TV enjoyed the game. I know I did. I barely have a voice and my hands hurt like heck from banging on the seats to make noise.

GO Bulls!
    Bummer. I was flipping between your game and the Dodger game and neither worked out as I had hoped. Oh well....