Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

(Sold Out) Please send payment! Late August BBCE Rip... 1977 & 1981 Topps Football & 1987/8

Comments

• Options
    mknezmknez Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭
    You have sent a payment to bbcexchange@sprintmail.com.

------
    stupid print dots

• Options
    SidePocketSidePocket Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭
    payment sent

"Molon Labe"

• Options
    burke23burke23 Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭
    Payment sent. So for future rips, did I break some unwritten "bogarting" rule here? I apologize if that's the case - I have been itching to get some of these for a long time and can't afford a box. Plus saw it was the last to fill up so thought I would close the gap.
    Trying to put together a clean raw and PSA 9 set, so looking to trade afterwards.
    Thanks!
    Pete
    Looking for rare Randy Moss rookies and autos, as well as '97 PMG Red Football cards for my set.
  • Options

<< <i>Payment sent. So for future rips, did I break some unwritten "bogarting" rule here? I apologize if that's the case - I have been itching to get some of these for a long time and can't afford a box. Plus saw it was the last to fill up so thought I would close the gap.
    Trying to put together a clean raw and PSA 9 set, so looking to trade afterwards.
    Thanks!
    Pete >>

you're fine Pete... I was getting a little worried these would take sometime to sell out - so I was glad to see you jumped on them!
  • Options
    gecko109gecko109 Posts: 8,231
    Oh well, 1 is better than none!

Payment sentimage
  • Options
    lkk66lkk66 Posts: 106 ✭✭
    payment sent
    Email: leo.kim66@gmail.com
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    Pete, I was one that missed the cut and I'm not upset about it at all. Glad to see it sell out quick! Good luck all!
  • Options
    Thanks Jeff - I didn't see your post until after I paid - otherwise I would have given a few back. Probably the only time you will see me buy this many packs - especially ones this pricey.
    Pete
    Looking for rare Randy Moss rookies and autos, as well as '97 PMG Red Football cards for my set.
  • Options
    ssollarsssollars Posts: 932 ✭✭✭✭
    Payment sent.

• Options
    nightcrawlernightcrawler Posts: 5,110 ✭✭
    I missed another one???

<< <i>If any one wanted in on the football and got shut out, they can have my packs of 77 or 81 football. >>

I don't need them but I'm interested. Did you maybe want to sit one out? Or are you just being kind as usual. image
  • Options

<< <i>Thanks Jeff - I didn't see your post until after I paid - otherwise I would have given a few back. Probably the only time you will see me buy this many packs - especially ones this pricey.
    Pete >>

good luck with the set, glad this rip will help you out - this is one of my favorite sets!
  • Options

<< <i>good luck with the set, glad this rip will help you out - this is one of my favorite sets! >>

Thanks - the real nice ones I will send in under the August special as Steve confirmed they are shipping today - plenty of time. I will post scans of the better ones.
  • Options
    daddymcdaddymc Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭
    Payment sent.
    Currently working on: Kurt Warner PSA 9 or 10

• Options
    thanks to everyone that has paid... I will update the 1st page later tonight - please keep posting that you have paid.

thanks!!
  • Options
    Called and added another box to my order..

Cory
    ----------------------
    Working on:
    Football
    1973 Topps PSA 8+ (99.81%)
    1976 Topps PSA 9+ (36.36%)
    1977 Topps PSA 9+ (100%)

Baseball
    1938 Goudey (56.25%)
    1951 Topps Redbacks PSA 8 (100%)
    1952 Bowman PSA 7+ (63.10%)
    1953 Topps PSA 5+ (91.24%)
    1973 Topps PSA 8+ (70.76%)
    1985 Fleer PSA 10 (54.85%)
  • Options
    digdugdigdug Posts: 216 ✭✭
    paid
  • Options
    I think I've gone through the list and marked everyone off that has paid... if I've missed you please let me know.
  • Options

Thanks for the packs Bill, I can't get enough of the 70s Football.

I sent my VISA payment by email but never got through on the phone to verify it. I'll give Steve a shout in the morning.
  • Options
    Bottom9thBottom9th Posts: 2,695 ✭✭
    Paid!

Thanks
  • Options
    ga5150ga5150 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭
    I will be phoning in my payment tomorrow morning after the latest rounds of BBCE's ebay auctions end. I'd like to add a few boxes as well. At any rate, I'll be paid up as of tomorrow morning.

Rodney
  • Options
    im all paid up, some of mine show unpaid
  • Options
    I talked with BBCE today and Im all paid up. I had to add a few boxes to the order.
  • Options
    initialDinitialD Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭
    PAID with extra goodies image
  • Options
    Paid in full.

Thanks, Rob.

• Options
    My solitary pack of 87/88 arrived today. Corners are great...T/B centering is great, but L/R is bad (heavy on the left side on all but 2 cards). Also alot of "smeared ink" on my cards. Mchale sticker....no stars at all. Best of luck to the rest of you guys!!!
  • Options
    ga5150ga5150 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭
    I just sent through my order from the BBCE store and had them add my packs to it, so I'm paid now.

Rodney
  • Options
    good luck to eveyone once the ripping begins...
  • Options
    I hope mine are waiting for me this evening.

------
    stupid print dots

• Options

<< <i>I hope mine are waiting for me this evening. >>

Me too - living in Minneapolis and BBCE shipping out of Chicago on Monday, I should be golden. Plus the wife works tonight, so I get some good 'ol dork Ripping time to myself...after the kid hits the sack, anyway. So post scans here or start another thread?
  • Options

<< <i>good luck to eveyone once the ripping begins... >>

The ripping HAS begun!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>good luck to eveyone once the ripping begins... >>

The ripping HAS begun! >>

got your packs already?
  • Options
    Dont people actually read these threads? Or does everyone just riffle through it looking for pretty scans?image
  • Options
    Got my packs in the mail today. Ripping to begin shortly.

------
    stupid print dots

• Options
    Got mine today and will rip after dinner.

• Options

------
    stupid print dots

• Options
    I am anxiously awaiting for the UPS man to deliver my stuff tommorrow. I may have to go buy a blaster box or 2 while I wait.
  • Options
    Here are the best centered 77's. Everything else was no better than 80/20, both L/R and T/B.

------
    stupid print dots

• Options
    I did hit the Largent RC too. Nice corners, too bad about the L/R.

------
    stupid print dots

• Options
    Nice hit with the Largent RC. image

• Options
    Here are the 81's. Overall much better centering than the 77's, but not too much star power other than the Winslow action card and Ham.

------
    stupid print dots

• Options
    Nice pull on the 77s
  • Options

------
    stupid print dots

• Options
    My '77s were pretty much OC from L/R. Did OK with my '81s:

I still have these for a rainy day or grading:

• Options

(I need to clean my scanner glass!)

------
    stupid print dots

• Options
    Thanks for setting this up, it was a fun rip. I saved 1 of each year for a rainy day as well.

Mike

------
    stupid print dots

• Options
    Wow, these '81 packs are nice! Good thing I'm not a pack collector, I'd be looking to get these puppies graded. The '77 arein great shape too.

Oh well, on with ripping... :-)

• Options
    Good Luck, lots of nice cards still need to be hit.

------
    stupid print dots

• Options

<< <i>Wow, these '81 packs are nice! Good thing I'm not a pack collector, I'd be looking to get these puppies graded. The '77 arein great shape too.

Oh well, on with ripping... :-) >>

Good luck!

• Options
    Got my 10 packs of Fleer bb today - came in great shape, but who can I talk to about the centering? Sheesh. Scans tomorrow on a few. One Jordan regular that is great except for the awful t/b centering...best part was that it came in a pack with Magic, Barkley, Bird, Mullin and a Kareem sticker. Too bad none are grade-worthy, which can be said for most all of the cards. Jordan sticker would have been solid except it was chewed up on one side. Some could grab 9's if PSA is liberal with the l/r centering - may ask for feedback on some I need for my set.
  • Options
    Every star card in the '81 packs had great centering, but once again no Montana for me :-( One complete box and over 20 individual packs and counting without one!

Interesting to note that the top card in every pack while not having any gum stains had two noticable edge "nicks" on one side.

Here they are:
    wax card, cleaned up nicely but does have a couple surface bumps
    and a couple nice commons: