Home Precious Metals

Bought some odds and ends today at the local B&M

I went to the local B&M stores today and after some scrounging I bought 30 mercury dimes for 10 times face, then I rummaged through some .999 and bought 10-1 oz. bars and rounds for $1 over spot several Engelhard bars along with some interesting bars, I also got a 1 oz. Crown Mint round.
The I went to the other store and wound up buying 4-5 oz. Crown Mint bars at 70 cents over spot along with a 1 gram jewelry bar and a 10 gram PAMP Suisse jewelry bar for 70 cent over spot too. Not sure but I believe that the PAMP 10 gram bar is worth a big premium, I'll post what the other bars are later.

Comments

• 1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    Pics, bro, pics! Good haul.

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    Consult with Cars, he is the man when it comes to fractionals and small sized silver pieces

Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Here's an update on some of the other bars I picked up: the 1 gram jewelry bar is made by the International Monetary Mint serial#100296

here are some of the interesting 1 oz. bars: The First National Bank Of Chicago member FDIC then on the bottom it has Essayer Founder with CHI in a small circle on the back it has a skyscraper with serial #7536

82nd anniversary convention of the American Numismatic Association with a realistic picture of a pine tree shilling on the front, on the back it says welcome to Boston 1973.

Coin-A-Rama city 10th year anniversary Aug. 1963-1973 with a picture of a goofy looking big headed guy with a wheelbarrel full of coins wheeling them up to what looks like a cabin with the words coin shop on the front, on the back it says Coin-A-Rama City Hawthorne , Calif.

On the front a picture of the state of Texas 1823-1973 150th anniversary Texas Rangers, on the back it says great Lakes Mint 1973 with a picture of all the great lakes except lake Eerie.

Philadelphia 1776-1976 the Bicentennial city with a picture of the Liberty bell and two American flags draped underneath it, on the back it says Madison mint.

Alaska 25 years of statehood 1059-1984 with a picture of the state of Alaska on the front, on the back serial #369.

Howard Ruff's 6th annual national convention 1983 with a picture of a Morgan dollar on the front, on the back it says silver trade unit with a scale containing weights on the right and coins on the left.

I know I've said this before but when I get around to buying a digital camera I'll start posting some of these bars and rounds.
  • Nothing really special. The IMM pendant sell for $4-$5. The Swiss ingot normally sells around $30, The rest $17 +/-
    Its all relative
  • 1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    The First National Bank of Chicago bar from Valcambi is one of my favorites.

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Pass on the next few bars & buy a digicam! You can get a decent used one for $50. I think you're the only person I know that doesn't own a digicam lol.
    Its all relative

• << <i>The First National Bank of Chicago bar from Valcambi is one of my favorites.

imageimageimage >>

That's it!!!

• << <i>Pass on the next few bars & buy a digicam! You can get a decent used one for $50. I think you're the only person I know that doesn't own a digicam lol. >>

Yeah I know I'm getting a new one this fall or maybe hint to my wife and get one for Christmas, any suggestions???

AS for the bars I figured there wasn't anything to special but some of the various styles are really fun to collect and if I get bored with them I can always get spot for them, I especially liked the 1973 ANA Boston bar with the pine tree shilling as it looks just like a real one and I only had to spend a little over $14.image