Home Metal Detecting

Another first for me-- my first dollar coin!

kiyotekiyote Posts: 5,568 ✭✭✭✭✭
I found a hideous SBA dollar in the back lot of a movie theatre-- my first dollar coin ever!
"I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.

Comments

• Beats digging 100 pennies ;-)

Jerry
    CROCK of COINS
    imageimage
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It spends just like real money....image Cheers, RickO
  • pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations! Funny thing is, I found my first dollar coin too this week, haha! It was a 2000 Sac dollar (not a Cheerios one though). Things are looking up for us!
  • pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also found my first SBA of the year this week at a tractor pull site. It sure jumps your total up quicker. Kiyote, I don't know about you but when I first pull one from the ground it sure looks like a big quarter until you get some of the dirt off and see that landing Eagle. Maybe you can get on a roll with them now.
  • kiyotekiyote Posts: 5,568 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was a nice find. It was a good lot, too-- I dug about $4 in quarters in about half an hour, including four in one hole. Was some kid held upside down and shaked out for his lunch money!?
    "I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.