Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins

SOLD (ebay) Ok to delete.

So I purchased a very nice BTW commem from CRO awhile back and that is CAC approved and has fantastic toning. I put it on ebay at 99 cents and it closes tomorrow. Right now it's at about 70 bucks... which for me means I'm currently taking a beating. I think I paid 265 or 280 (the CRO guys can check and correct me if I'm wrong). Maybe both they and I just really missed what the retail value of this coin is right now.

My other PCGS commems have sold fairly well... this NGC looks poised to kick my butt. Oh well... If you want the nicest BTW on the block cheap, check out my listing in my sigline.

Have a great weekend all.

Richard

Comments

• BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,067 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cancel the bids and end it if you don't feel like getting screwed. No law says you have to take a beating.
    theknowitalltroll;
  • BoomBoom Posts: 10,165
    There is a ton of time left.

PM sent
  • al410al410 Posts: 2,402 ✭✭✭✭
    Lots of time left, and common for bids to be low now days with all the snipes, but with that commem it is a gamble on ebay and if you do not want to gamble just cancel the bids and end the auction.
    AL
  • RYKRYK Posts: 35,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the kind of coin that probably will not sell well on ebay.
  • orevilleoreville Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 1946 BTW commem really took a hit price wise after you bought the coin from CRO.

The PCGS MS-65 current value is only $50 AND the MS-66 value is $175.

I suspect the final price would fall in between.

The current $130 bid is probably very close to the current market value.

A Collectors Universe poster since 1997!
  • do you think some slab renew would clear up that colored spot?

• braddickbraddick Posts: 23,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Be patient. It'll get there (and thensome).

peacockcoins

• roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are many Morgan and Commem toners that are coming back down to earth, same for gem type. It doesn't mean they are of any less quality than before.....just worth a whole lot less now that the air has been let out of the balloon for a while. There are always risks with paying strong premiums to sheet prices for subjective differences in quality, in this case color. Most 64/66 commems formerly in the $150-$500 range.....now live in the $75 to $350 range, a fact of life. NGC coins in particular, regardless of old holders, CAC stickers, etc...... have been brutalized.

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • T-Minus 11 hours.....

• richardshipprichardshipp Posts: 5,647 ✭✭✭
    Thanks all for the comments and even bids.
  • BTW commem in an NGC holder = retail death.
  • roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One exception to that NGC commem retail death rule:

Old holdered NGC commems with CAC sticker and * attribute that look to be undergraded as well......will bring exceptional money. I put up a bunch of nice NGC commems at TT in March....and of course experienced retail death. One killer and nicely coppery ring toned MS67 Iowa from a nice orig hoard fetched about $275 - I had paid $425 for it only a year and a half ago. Ouch!

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold