Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

2009 PSA Fantasy Football League

13»

Comments

• BigRedMachineBigRedMachine Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭

<< <i> I hate myself. >>

LOL. Put down the rope. It's just a game. image

<< <i>I may just have to drop the avatar and put my wife up instead... She's always managed to bring me luck before. In fact, I'm going to the site and dropping her in right now. Sorry to those that have become accustomed to my little fantasy football sweetie but I'll add a "real" woman, now . . . >>

Scott wins the avatar of the year award.

I need 50 points from Rodgers and Rice or I'm in big trouble.

Thanks Mark, for having a monster week against me. You suck. image

shawn
  • MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    jswieton way to play down to your opponent, I applaud you. Don't worry I made the same kicker mistake you did in another league.
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • Final week of the season.

With his loss last week, artistlost sacs secured a playoff position and is the only one to have done so. Actually it was with wolfbears lost, but it sounded better the other way.

The remaining 3 positions will likely go to either....

2. jswieton2 8-5 1547
    3. BigRedMachine 8-5 1453
    4. jimq 8-5 1372
    or
    5. wolfbear 7-6 1548

6. Durkheim Delinquents* 7-6 1338

Has a chance, but would need jimq and wolfbear to loss, and outscore jimq by 35 pts.

Match up of the week....#3 BigRedMachine 8-5 vs #6 Durkheim Delinquents.

I have decided to root for jimq and will do my best to give wolfbear a most embarrassing defeat and removal from the playoff scene. :^)

Few other things....

Next year, registration to the league will be reserved to those in this league, or the previously year. A few that were in last years wanted in this league after it filled so if there is interest we can consider going back to 16 teams. (It almost doubles the prizes from a 10 man league so I don't mind).

If anyone would like to see anything changed next year, like do away with PPR, add an extra pt. loss for fumble or whatever, feel free to discuss such.

After the "Super Bowl' I will send out another message breaking down who owes who.

If there are any other thoughts, feel free to share them.

Clear Skies,
    Mark

Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Yeah it doesn't look like I'll be making the playoffs ( Durkheim Delinquents) this time. I thought it was like ESPN where 6 of 12 get in and top 2 get a BYE the 1st week of a 3-week playoffs but I was wrong, only 4 of 12 make it. bummer!
    Ahzzy,

Looks like I was Andre Johnson'd this week, that should knock me out of the playoffs.

Congrats.

shawn
  • I believe you're still in. I think I even got a spot if wolfbear loses. He's down by 29 with Alex Smith and Josh Morgan to go, against Arizona Monday night.

• << <i>I believe you're still in. I think I even got a spot if wolfbear loses. He's down by 29 with Alex Smith and Josh Morgan to go, against Arizona Monday night. >>

The Meteorites hope to drink a beer and coast to victory giving you the playoff spot. If we ignore the first four games of the season....i think I will end with the best record. But like the Titans, I turned the team around too late.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
  • MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    Yeah I got to spoil something!!!!!!!!
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭

Bah humbug! image

Didn't think it was possible to lead a league in scoring
    and not make the playoffs, yet that appears to be my fate.

Head to head leagues are the most fun no doubt,
    but once in a while because of just plain bad luck a solid team gets screwed.

Oh well, there's always next year! image
    Pix of 'My Kids'

"How about a little fire Scarecrow ?"
    Wolfbear, you're in if you win this week. You only need 30 points out of two guys tonight. Stranger things have happened.

I guess it's looking like I will get in. It was looking like I needed a win to get in so I assumed I was out. Looks like I may have gotten just enough help to
    back in to the playoffs. We'll see.

A Wolfbear win (possible) and a jimq win (not likely) would knock me out.

shawn
  • jimq112jimq112 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭

<< <i>.

A Wolfbear win (possible) and a jimq win (not likely) would knock me out.

shawn >>

Not likely?? I have crabtree left and only need him to get 42 points more than Boldin!

geez, what a week to have your players take the week off. Congrats and good luck to those who make the playoffs, and thanks to all for a great season!
  • otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭
    So what will I be having to send as my punishment for playing this season? image
  • Beck6Beck6 Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭
    What a disappointing team I drafted. Fun year though. Congrats to all those that made the playoffs. Looking forward to next year.
    Registry Sets:
    T222's PSA 1 or better
    I'm just frustrated by the fact that I'll end up outscoring 3 of the 4 playoff teams and finish the season at 6-8... Stinks when you've got one of the highest scores every week but run into the highest score for the week.

Still liked my squad. Just wish I had made one or two moves a little earlier as I never seemed to be able to find a solid #3 WR (or have the right guy in the lineup at the right time)...

Oh, and next year, I'll make sure to have a sexier avatar. My little FFB honey will be retired and I don't think anyone has said anything positive about replacing her with the wife, so she gets next season off, too.
  • If I do end up making the playoffs it's going to be tough to win with my RB crew. I've now lost my top 2 backs for the season, being Clinton Portis and Kevin Smith, and my others are in a timeshare that's not looking good!
  • Congrats to our four playoff teams.

Next week match-ups...

#1 jswieton2 vs #4 Durkeim Delinquents
    #2 artistlost sacs vs #3 BigRedMachine

Projections give jswieton2 and artistlostsacs a slight advantage.
  • In the first round of Week 15 action, artistlost sacs scored a hefty 81 pts. with three players (Peyton/26, Reggie Wayne/24, Maurice Jones-Drew/31) while BigRedMachine, did very fair with 28 pts. from Dallas Clark. Still, the sacs are set up for an amazing week.

In the other side of playoff action, the Durkeim Delinquents took an early 3-0 lead over jswieton2, with Colts WR Pierre Garcon, who was possibly cheated from a touchdown Thursday. A couple more pts. and everyone on both teams should have scored.

Perhaps the biggest factor in deciding the winner of the league will be....how much more will Manning play this season? Will he play all of next week?

Yeah, Mathew put it to me with Wayne, Manning, and Jones-Drew. He's on his way to a monster week and left me with needing a miracle to pull this off.

Being a big Colts fan, I was glad to see another victory, but the Manning to Wayne TD late in the fourth quarter pretty much sealed my fate.

I think I was more sickened by MJD's first receiving TD of the season.

Either way, with Mathew set up to score the most points of any team in any week this year, I'm likely now playing for third.

shawn
  • I was expecting a big day from Garcon when he got me 3 quick points at the beginning of the 1st quarter. But after those 2 catches he was shut down the rest of the game. Guess I should have rolled the dice on Dwayne Bowe instead.
  • CubbyCubby Posts: 2,096
    I took a chance and had Garcon on my bench in favor of Camarillo.
    Looks like it was a good move.

BTW: Cubby=Cub Fan
  • artistlostartistlost Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Yeah, Mathew put it to me with Wayne, Manning, and Jones-Drew. He's on his way to a monster week and left me with needing a miracle to pull this off.

Being a big Colts fan, I was glad to see another victory, but the Manning to Wayne TD late in the fourth quarter pretty much sealed my fate.

Either way, with Mathew set up to score the most points of any team in any week this year, I'm likely now playing for third.

shawn >>

Looks like I need a big game from 2 of my players to pull this one back out. Great match-up so far!

mathew
    baseball & hockey junkie

drugs of choice
    NHL hall of fame rookies

<< <i>

<< <i>Yeah, Mathew put it to me with Wayne, Manning, and Jones-Drew. He's on his way to a monster week and left me with needing a miracle to pull this off.

shawn >>

Looks like I need a big game from 2 of my players to pull this one back out. Great match-up so far!

mathew >>

I like your chances Mathew. You're only down 20, and you have two receivers left in a PPR League. I got nothing out of Berrian last night, not to mention nothing out of Ray Rice as he sat the entire second half. I think you're good.

Unfortunately, whichever one of us loses is going to have the second most points in the league this week, including the consolation contests going on. One of us just ran into the wrong team at the wrong time.

I still think when it's all said and done, that last Manning to Wayne TD will be what knocks me out.

Good luck.

shawn
  • Pretty close game. I was hoping for one more small catch last night to make it a little closer, as I also think the numbers slightly favor you Matthew, but it truly is anyone's game.

Good luck tonight to both of you. I decided to root for Matthew because of his Morrison avatar. A good late friend of mine recreated that Morrison image on a large canvas for me about 7-8 years ago or so. (Hey Paul).

Clear Skies,
    Mark

Great match up between 'artistlost sacs' and 'BigRedMachine'.
    Should go down to the wire. Also, congrats to 'jswieton2' who look to be moving on to the finals.

Hey Mark ... got back at you for last week's beating that knocked me out of the playoffs! image
    Pix of 'My Kids'

<< <i>Pretty close game. I was hoping for one more small catch last night to make it a little closer, as I also think the numbers slightly favor you Matthew, but it truly is anyone's game.

Good luck tonight to both of you. I decided to root for Matthew because of his Morrison avatar. A good late friend of mine recreated that Morrison image on a large canvas for me about 7-8 years ago or so. (Hey Paul).

Clear Skies,
    Mark >>

Morrison and the Doors... great music.

mathew
    baseball & hockey junkie

drugs of choice
    NHL hall of fame rookies
  • Congrats jswieton2, you killed me this week! GL in the finals image
    Congrats Mathew. Well done.

Good luck in the finals.

shawn
  • jswietonjswieton Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Congrats jswieton2, you killed me this week! GL in the finals image >>

Ya I had a decent week. Hopefully my team can perform for the big show next week. I was very fortunate to have my team stay healthy for the most part. Besides Steve Slaton I didn't have any catastrophic injuries.
  • Playoff scores

Durkeim Delinquents 101
    jswieton2 139

artistlostsacs 150
    BigRedMachine 145

So it is fitting, that the leagues #1 and #2 meet each other in PSA Super Bowl III.

I will also introduce a new award this year, the PSA Fantasy Football Manager of the Year. This years inaugural award goes to jswieton2! jswieton2, with only 9 moves this season (jimq had 58 and I had 52), managed to score more points then anyone and finished first in the season. Only Navarro's Nook (#12) had less moves. PM me for your prize, a small meteorite specimen.

Clear Skies,
    Mark
  • jswietonjswieton Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭
    PM sent. Thank you very much.
  • 1/3 in the second games, perhaps half way through the week game wise?

jswieton2 leads 73-63 over artistlost sacs.

Close game so far.
    Congrats to jswieton2 on his win!

Well played!

mathew
    baseball & hockey junkie

drugs of choice
    NHL hall of fame rookies
    If only I could've made it to the finals. At least I had a sweet week to close out the #5 spot (138 points - most overall for the week). Pretty sad placing, though, considering I was 3rd overall in total points and still finished tied with #9 and #10 with a 6-8 record.

Next year . . . Just wait until next year!!!

Congrats to all and to the victor go the spoils!
  • A big congratulations to our Super Bowl champion, jswieton2!

I will post on place finish and payout sometime tomorrow...well I guess today now, but after I wake up and my body doesn't think it is Sunday.

PS: You know Mathew, me rooting for you might have been a curse....I rooted for Jim and he had one of his worst games of the year. Guess I didn't think that one through very well.

<< <i>If only I could've made it to the finals. At least I had a sweet week to close out the #5 spot (138 points - most overall for the week). Pretty sad placing, though, considering I was 3rd overall in total points and still finished tied with #9 and #10 with a 6-8 record.
    >>

Tell me about it. I'll be finishing 2nd overall in total points, just a handful from 1st,
    with a glorious 8 - 8 record in 6th place. Oh well, congrats to the jswieton2s ... a very worthy champ! image

Also, a big thanks to Mark for putting together such a fun and competitive league!
    Pix of 'My Kids'

• Interesting season, Navarro (Mike) could only win if he had high score of the week. We had to go to like week 12 to even a #1 position team keep the position a couple weeks. OTW could score 150 pts. and still lose.

Final Standings for PSA Fantasy Football League Season 3.

1. jswieton2
    2. artistlost sacs
    3. Durkheim Delinquents
    4. BigRedMachine
    5. OTWCards (Paid)
    6. wolfbear
    7. jimq
    8. The Meteorites (Paid)
    9. Fighting Ditka's
    10. Beck's OC Qualifiers
    11. Morgoth's Last Laugh
    12. Navarro's Nook (Paid)

From my September 14, 2009 posting on this thread:

"I will move that you will get your cards by corresponding rank with the top 4 teams not paying out and the top 3 getting prizes. 1st gets 4 prizes (8 cards), 2nd gets 3 prizes (6 cards) and 3rd gets 1 prize (2 cards). A "prize" is 2 PSA 10 cards with a value around $10.

So that means:

12th,11th,10th and 9th place, owes 1st place

8th, 7th and 6th place, owes 2nd place.

5th place owes 3rd place."

If we move up to 16 again next year, perhaps we can set it up so that 1-4 get prizes and 5 does not pay. The #5 is the winner of the second bracket.

Anyway...

9. Fighting Ditka's, 10. Beck's OC Qualifiers, 11. Morgoth's Last Laugh and 12. Navarro's Nook pays our winner, jswieton2

6. wolfbear, 7. jimq* and 8. The Meteorites pays our second place winner, artistlost sacs

5. OTWCards* owes 3.Durkheim Delinquents.

A Payout is two $10 PSA 10s. If would nice if the loser tried to do thier best to get cards the winners would like. It would also be nice if the winners were happy with what they get, even if one or two may not give exactly what the winner wants. If you are unsure what you should give to a winner, I am sure any winner would appreciate a pay pal bump.

Last year, everyone paid...and thank you for that since I was the #1 winner. I will likely bump this thread every couple weeks or like until all is paid, whiich should not be seen as an attack on someone if they are a little slower then others. It is that time of year where people are away from home/work and the like and some of us may need an extra week or two. Basically, if you are a winner or loser, act as you would like the other person to act.

Thanks again for playing this year and I look forward to next season. I will also add once again if anyone would like to see any changes for next season, feel free to comment.

Clear Skies,
    Commish Mark

* = I originally posted the final standings before Yahoo had updated all the pages. Not sure what I was thinking.

Because of this, OTWCards paid artistlost sacs, instead of Durkheim Delinquents. This was completely my fault. To remedy this I have e-mailed jimq to pay Durkheim Delinquents, as it was on the previous posting. Everyone else should be okay. If not, please let me know.

• The Meteorites are paid up.

I guess I should note, please contact the winner if you are a loser. I will check again in two weeks or something like that to make sure all are at least in communication, and hopefully we can get everything settled up within around a month.

Clear Skies...and thanks again for playing,
    Mark
  • thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    thenavarro is paid in full. This year wasn't my year image Looking forward to next year though.
    Buying US Presidential autographs
  • Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
  • Final standings and pay out list above (and correct this time). As you pay if you let me know or the thread I will note paid by your name above.
    OK, based upon the previous posting, I already paid Matt (artistlost). Please advise how we should handle this...

• << <i>OK, based upon the previous posting, I already paid Matt (artistlost). Please advise how we should handle this... >>

Thanks for your note Scott.

I will e-mail jimq and have him pay #5, as it previously was, and make a note of such above. If at the end there is any problem due to any of this I will cover it.

IF anyone else paid before the list changed, please PM me.

Clear Skies,
    Mark
  • Okay, made a little note in the standings post, e-mailed Jim and I have you marked paid Scott. Thanks again for playing. It would nice if we figured out a way to have the #5 not pay....have a reason to win the lower bracket playoffs as you did. Maybe we can figure out something by next year?

Clear Skies,
    Mark
    Maybe figure out a way not to schedule the #2 weekly scorer against the #1 weekly scorer most of the season... image

I had a great time and look forward to next season. Thanks for putting this together, you did a great job!
  • If you were not a winner of the league, and have not paid or gotten in contact with your prize winner, then please do so now. If you are a winner and have not gotten all prizes or gotten contact from the prize givers, please let me know in a day or two, who has not contacted you and I will try to help with communication.

Once again, thanks again for playing and I look forward to next year. The Meteorites are about to make some big free agency moves to take the title back.
    I have been paid in full by all in this league. Thanks and looking forward to next season!

mathew
    baseball & hockey junkie

drugs of choice
    NHL hall of fame rookies