Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

2009 PSA Fantasy Football League

Comments

• I assume the ROMO problem is that he is a keeper? if your the league commisioner you can change the keeper settings. naturally you could vote on it :0)
  • MeteoriteGuyMeteoriteGuy Posts: 7,140 ✭✭
    The system locks the best players in every position to avoid cheating, which is a good thing. Romo is not a top quarterback and should not have a lock on him IMO. Trading Romo to Beck for a receiver. I wanted to trade Romo for Crabtree and just leave Crabtree on my bench for spite. (Did I say I don't like Romo?) I am still interested in trading one of my RBs for a top reciever.

Standings after week 4 are:

1. wolfbear 3-1-0 495
    2. jswieton2 3-1-0 484
    3. Fighting Ditka's 3-1-0 468
    4. OTWCards 3-1-0 446
    5. jimq 3-1-0 371
    6. artistlost sacs 2-2-0 469
    7. BigRedMachine 2-2-0 397
    8. Durkheim Delinquents 2-2-0 361
    9. Morgoth's Last Laugh 1-3-0 439
    10. Beck's OC Qualifiers 1-3-0 369
    11. Navarro's Nook 1-3-0 344
    12. The Meteorites 0-4-0

Lost again falling into last place as the only team without a win. That's alright, all teams have at least one loss now, and the field is open.

Congrats to wolfbear for taking the leader spot.

Week 5 games to watch:

#1 wolfbear vs jimq...the only 3-1 matchup.

Week 5 Bonus Contest

I will award the high score of the week for week 5 a free PSA 10 and will try to match that persons interest to some degree. (What do you mean you only collect graded tennis cards?)

Clear Skies,
    Mark
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.

• << <i>The system locks the best players in every position to avoid cheating, which is a good thing. Romo is not a top quarterback and should not have a lock on him IMO. Trading Romo to Beck for a receiver. I wanted to trade Romo for Crabtree and just leave Crabtree on my bench for spite. (Did I say I don't like Romo?) I am still interested in trading one of my RBs for a top reciever.

Standings after week 4 are:

1. wolfbear 3-1-0 495
    2. jswieton2 3-1-0 484
    3. Fighting Ditka's 3-1-0 468
    4. OTWCards 3-1-0 446
    5. jimq 3-1-0 371
    6. artistlost sacs 2-2-0 469
    7. BigRedMachine 2-2-0 397
    8. Durkheim Delinquents 2-2-0 361
    9. Morgoth's Last Laugh 1-3-0 439
    10. Beck's OC Qualifiers 1-3-0 369
    11. Navarro's Nook 1-3-0 344
    12. The Meteorites 0-4-0

Lost again falling into last place as the only team without a win. That's alright, all teams have at least one loss now, and the field is open.

Congrats to wolfbear for taking the leader spot.

Week 5 games to watch:

#1 wolfbear vs jimq...the only 3-1 matchup.

Week 5 Bonus Contest

I will award the high score of the week for week 5 a free PSA 10 and will try to match that persons interest to some degree. (What do you mean you only collect graded tennis cards?)

Clear Skies,
    Mark >>

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO not this week I have 5 players on the bye.... thanks for the nice offer for the league!
  • The winner on my high score of the week contest.......was me. Won my first game 151 to 149 over OTWCards is a close game. It looked like I would lose high score to Durkheim Delinquents, who started Monday with 148 pts. and the Jets defense but the Dolphins came out strong yesterday. Will likely do a high score of the week contest again after bye-weeks.

Standings after week 5

1. jswieton2 4-1 619
    2. jimq 4-1 458
    3. OTWCards 3-2 595
    4. wolfbear 3-2 570
    5. artistlost sacs 3-2 564
    6 Fighting Ditka's 3-2 554
    7. BigRedMachine 3-2 508
    8. Durkheim Delinquents 3-2 507
    9. Morgoth's Last Laugh 1-4 528
    10. The Meteorites 1-4 518
    11. Beck's OC Qualifiers 1-4 469
    12. Navarro's Nook 1-4 451

It is really amazing jimq is in second with the second lowest total score of the week. He's like the 49ers....they find ways to win.

Week 6 game to watch: OTWCards (3-2) vs Durkheim Delinquents (3-2).

Clear Skies,
    Mark

Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
  • BigRedMachineBigRedMachine Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

Week 6 game to watch: OTWCards (3-2) vs Durkheim Delinquents (3-2).

Clear Skies,
    Mark >>

You all better hope that BigRedMachine (3-2) can pull off an upset of first place jsweiton2 (4-1), bring him back to the pack a little. image

Edited to say: 8 teams are within a game of first place?? Wow
    I left the most productive guy in fantasy this week on my bench!!! image

I'm doomed this week.
  • artistlostartistlost Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭
    I hear your pain. I was beat by one point on a bad move in my decision to start on RB over another.

baseball & hockey junkie

drugs of choice
    NHL hall of fame rookies
  • Congrats to jimq for high score of the week...and a move into first place. Careful Jim, First place has not been a very lucky position, with the first place leader losing the last three weeks in a row.

Standings after week 6

1. jimq 5-1 620
    2. wolfbear 4-2 726
    3. jswieton2 4-2 715
    4. artistlost sacs 4-2 711
    5. Durkheim Delinquents 4-2 618
    6. BigRedMachine 4-2 615
    7. OTWCards 3-3 697
    8. Fighting Ditka's 3-3 670
    9. The Meteorites 2-4 649
    10. Morgoth's Last Laugh 1-5 611
    11. Beck's OC Qualifiers 1-5 580
    12. Navarro's Nook 1-5 561

Games to keep an eye on #2 wolfbear (4-2 726) vs #3 jswieton2 (4-2 715) and #4 artistlost sacs (4-2 711) vs BigRedMachine (4-2 615).

Good luck to everyone. With 8 weeks to go....it is still anyone's game.
  • otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭
    Alright, after my 3-0 start, I've given everyone a chance to get back in the race by getting killed with BYES and have gone 0-3, but now I'm ready to do battle again. Look out folks!!! image
    First place may be a curse again for Jim.

Two games to go this week and he's in BIIIIIGGGG trouble.

He's ahead now, but will it hold up???? Another first place team going down???

Every team in the league is still in it if he does.

shawn

• << <i>First place may be a curse again for Jim.

Two games to go this week and he's in BIIIIIGGGG trouble.

He's ahead now, but will it hold up???? Another first place team going down???

Every team in the league is still in it if he does.

shawn >>

First place has been a curse this year. A curse I am unlikely to suffer.

Week 7 is behind us and once again we have a leader change.

The Meteorites managed another victory giving us a 3-4 record and just one game out (from a playoff position along with half a dozen plus others). Not too shaby after a 0-4 start and we still have half the season to go.

1. wolfbear 5-2 845
    2. BigRedMachine 5-2 733
    3. jimq 5-2 715
    4. jswieton2 4-3 826
    5. OTWCards 4-3 809
    6. artistlost sacs 4-3 802
    7. Durkheim Delinquents 4-3 702
    8. Fighting Ditka's 3-4 768
    9. The Meteorites 3-4 759
    10. Beck's OC Qualifiers 2-5 712
    11. Navarro's Nook 2-5 671
    12. Morgoth's Last Laugh 1-6 708

Clear Skies,
    Mark
  • jimq112jimq112 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭
    Congrats to Scott and Felicia for kicking my butt last weekend, and I guess Hines Ward has been great for me all year so I shouldn't be mad if he takes a week off.

1 catch for 3 yards against a team with a starting CB out. Yikes.
    Wow... 8 weeks in and we are all bunched up at the top a 5 way tie.

mathew
    baseball & hockey junkie

drugs of choice
    NHL hall of fame rookies
  • MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    Yeah 2 wins now!!!!!! Thanks replay for taking away the TD that would of given OTW the win
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set

• << <i>Yeah 2 wins now!!!!!! Thanks replay for taking away the TD that would of given OTW the win >>

That was a pretty close game....looked like he was going to catch you.

Once again the #1 spot loss and once again, the majority of the top 5 loss. This week all 5-2 teams loss, which gives us our 5-3 tie for 1st (pts. aside) plus another four teams, myself included at 4-4.

The Meteorites won again giving us a 4-4 record and very much in the playoff race. I lost every game this year that I started Tony Romo....and have every game since dropping him. Releasing Romo also is what allowed me to pick up Austin, so that has worked out pretty well so far. Only problem is KCs line is very weak and it only gives Cassell a few seconds, along with a few sacks every game....meaning, I hope he can stay healthy. Sanchez did well for me Sunday but I don't want to have to rely on him.

Will post scores and look ahead sometime today or tomorrow.

Clear Skies,
    Mark
  • Congrats last week to Beck's OC Qualifiers for high score of the week. You have three wins now and it seems like that was your third high score of the week.

1. jswieton2 5-3 937
    2. artistlost sacs 5-3 919
    3. wolfbear 5-3 911
    4. BigRedMachine 5-3 853
    5. jimq 5-3 853
    6. OTWCards 4-4 900
    7. Fighting Ditka's 4-4 888
    8. The Meteorites 4-4 881
    9. Durkheim Delinquents 4-4 786
    10. Beck's OC Qualifiers 3-5 804
    11. Morgoth's Last Laugh 2-6 804
    12. Navarro's Nook 2-6 771

None of the 5-3 teams are matched up this week, which opens the door for a possible 9 way time for 1st next week.

Matchup of the week: jimq 5-3 (797) vs Durkheim Delinquents 4-4 (788). Both teams average about the same points, both teams are at the bottom of their win-loss position.

Good luck down the stretch!
    The loss I had last week was painful.

A win would've put me in first place all by myself, the loss put me in fourth place.

Of course, I had the third most points of the week but was matched up against Beck's OC, the team with the most points, and lost by 10
    points, mostly because of an insane 26 points scored by his defense! Don't you hate when you lose to a defense?!?

Oh well, I guess we're all still in the hunt with a long way to go, hopefully can get back on track.

Either way, it's been fun.

shawn
  • Beck6Beck6 Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The loss I had last week was painful.

A win would've put me in first place all by myself, the loss put me in fourth place.

Of course, I had the third most points of the week but was matched up against Beck's OC, the team with the most points, and lost by 10
    points, mostly because of an insane 26 points scored by his defense! Don't you hate when you lose to a defense?!?

Oh well, I guess we're all still in the hunt with a long way to go, hopefully can get back on track.

Either way, it's been fun.

shawn >>

It has been feast or famine for my team. You are correct that I have won three times and all three times it has been the most points scored. That late touchdown by the Bears sealed the deal. I had to pick them up, they were playing the Browns. This week will be a different story I am afraid with Peterson and Thomas Jones on the bench.
    Registry Sets:
    T222's PSA 1 or better
    Well with one game left and jimq primed for a big game tonight it looks like all 5 1st place teams will walk away this week with a win. This is getting very interesting.

mathew
    baseball & hockey junkie

drugs of choice
    NHL hall of fame rookies
    I don't think there's any game waiting for me tonite, I'm in a tailspin. LT forgot how to run (4 points yesterday!).

Even if I lose the rest of my games, I'm still having fun.

<< <i>Even if I lose the rest of my games, I'm still having fun. >>

I've been in the same fantasy league for 14 or 15 years now, a pretty competitive league, and joined a second league this year. Both can win you a top prize of close to a thousand bucks and the live drafts with your buddies are a blast.

That being said, I agree with you Jim. I've put more effort and interest into this league hoping to win a couple of ball cards. I think this leagues a blast. And with 8 or 9 teams still very much in it, it should be fun down the stretch.

Now who out there needs running back help?? I could use a receiver.

shawn

<< <i>

shawn >>

Whatcha offering? I'm sick of counting on LT. Last year he killed me, this year I fell for it again image

<< <i>

<< <i>

shawn >>

Whatcha offering? I'm sick of counting on LT. Last year he killed me, this year I fell for it again image >>

Okay Jim, just offered up what I feel is a VERY fair trade to you....check it out.
  • Congrats to jswieton2 for high score of the week and for keeping the first place position for more then a week...something no team I think has done to date.

Current standings:

1. jswieton2 6-3 1084
    2. artistlost sacs 1052
    3. wolfbear 1034
    4. BigRedMacine 974
    5. The Meteorites 5-4 1014
    6. Durkheim Delinquents 5-4 894
    7. jimq 5-4 880
    8- OTWCards 4-5 1028
    9. Fighting Ditka's 4-5 993
    10. Beck's OC Qualifiers 3-6 913
    11. Morgoth's Last Laugh 2-7 916
    12. Navarro's Nook 2-7 876

Five weeks to go and all playoff postions are still open, looks like this will be a fight to the finish.

Several key games this week: #1 jswieton2 (6-3) vs #5 The Meteorites (5-4), both of our teams are at the top of our win-loss position and #3 wolfbear (6-3) vs #4 BigRedMachine (6-3).

Clear Skies,
    Mark
    How many weeks have I had the 2nd highest score in the league and lost? This is getting frustrating. Within a few TD's of having the most points and I can't even manage a .500 record!!!
    1:00 games are over, this week is shaping up to provide a clearer playoff picture when it's over.

A lot of football left.

Mark, it looks like you ran into a buzz saw this week. jswieton is clearly showing he's got the best team this week and this year. It's on fire.

Still a lot of football left to go, we'll see how it turns out.

shawn
  • "Mark, it looks like you ran into a buzz saw this week. jswieton is clearly showing he's got the best team this week and this year. It's on fire."

No joke. Lost this game in the first quarter after the first kickoffs.
  • jswietonjswieton Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭
    ya, in this league I am doing pretty well. I have been known to go on huge loosing streaks so I wouldn't give up just yet.
    I need 16 points from Ray Rice on MNF to pull it out this week.

I give it a 50/50 chance.

shawn
    Scored 100+ points and actually won yeah!!!!!!!!
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set

<< <i>Scored 100+ points and actually won yeah!!!!!!!! >>

2 game winning streak for you coming up. I'm in a free fall with 4 losses in a row. I'm loaded with steelers and packers and they're killing me.

congrats on the win!

I guess no one wants to trade with me, I've had trades pending to four different owners and can't get an answer.

There were five, but was able to cancel a trade trying to get Dwayne, See Ya in 4 Weeks, Bowe.

Oh well, good luck to all of you in week 11.

shawn
    Any of you guys stuck with a RB that was injured last week (Portis, Turner, Westbrook, Brown, Benson, etc.),

Tomorrow is the last day in the league for trades. I've got Brandon Jacobs up for trade. Most the "experts" have him as a top 12 back the last half of the season. He's not doing me any good on my bench, looking to upgrade to a low end WR1 or high end WR2 for him.

Send offers.

shawn
  • I could spare Roy Williams, Nate Burleson or Braylon Edwards...but they are likely around mid-2nd though. The Bowe trade would have worked if I could have seen it before you canceled it and we could roll back time so he didnt get suspended.

The Bowe suspension really hurts me as Cassel is my QB, who has been doing pretty good. Think I might try Garrard this week. I need to try to win 3 of the last 4....not sure if my team can do it though.

So much for a cakewalk against the last place team this week.

Still an hour from kickoff Sunday and, thanks to Ricky Williams, I'm down 37-0 already!! image

I'm in big trouble this week before it starts for me.

Good luck to everyone this week.

shawn
  • thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭

<< <i>So much for a cakewalk against the last place team this week.

Still an hour from kickoff Sunday and, thanks to Ricky Williams, I'm down 37-0 already!! image

I'm in big trouble this week before it starts for me.

Good luck to everyone this week.

shawn >>

BigRedMachine,

image Hopefully I'll repeat my last years performance. I think last year I started 2-6 or 2-7, then got to play spoiler the rest of the way and won my last 4 or 5. Hopefully this weekend is the start of that.

Good luck!

Mike
    Buying US Presidential autographs
    I've got an idea Mike.

Let's start this spoiler routine next week!!

You're killing me.

shawn
    As it looks like I am most likely going down yet again. I must say that atleast I can look at OTWcards avatar everytime I log in. So atleast I got that going for me.
    Registry Sets:
    T222's PSA 1 or better

<< <i>As it looks like I am most likely going down yet again. I must say that atleast I can look at OTWcards avatar everytime I log in. So atleast I got that going for me. >>

I get to look at the avatar this week!! Good times.
  • Good luck to everyone down the stretch.
    This really turned out to be a very competitive league.

With only two weeks left in the regular season, not a SINGLE TEAM has clinched a playoff spot yet.

shawn
    I have clinched a non playoff spot however. Heres to playing spoiler the rest of the way.

• << <i>I have clinched a non playoff spot however. Heres to playing spoiler the rest of the way. >>

It may be possible if every team loses the way I need them too, but this week likely killed me. Taking those four loses at the beginning of season was too much to overcome in the end. I think I am also down to one player from the draft that is playable. (I have decided to keep Westbrook but not play him even if he does play week 14 or whenever....if he plays again that is.)

I have decided to blame my team not making the playoffs on thenavarro and his two victories against me. I am sure it was not my players or management. So Navarro....you are doomed to be my hated sport rival. We will now burn effugee leprechauns during tale gate parties, make rude signs and teach the crowd chats against you.

Someone needs to remind me what I am going to be paying the winners. It would take a christmas miracle for me to even sniff the top 6.
    Registry Sets:
    T222's PSA 1 or better

It's very likely looking like the top 4 teams are going to lose this week.

Like I said, no team has clinched a playoff spot yet, and most of the teams are still in it, with only one week to go.

shawn

<< <i>Someone needs to remind me what I am going to be paying the winners. It would take a christmas miracle for me to even sniff the top 6. >>

I think if you finish with a worse record than me, you're suppose to send me your entire collection of Alan Knicely cards....or something like that. I don't remember either.

<< <i>

<< <i>Someone needs to remind me what I am going to be paying the winners. It would take a christmas miracle for me to even sniff the top 6. >>

I think if you finish with a worse record than me, you're suppose to send me your entire collection of Alan Knicely cards....or something like that. I don't remember either. >>

That cannot be true. I would never have agreed to play for such stakes. Too risky
    Registry Sets:
    T222's PSA 1 or better
    I'm doubting I will be able to overcome my midseason slump, but I'm going to give it the ole college try.
    I may just have to drop the avatar and put my wife up instead... She's always managed to bring me luck before. In fact, I'm going to the site and dropping her in right now. Sorry to those that have become accustomed to my little fantasy football sweetie but I'll add a "real" woman, now . . .
  • jswietonjswieton Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭
    I totaly screwed myself this week. I should have easily won if I would have just done a little research. Unless Derick Mason gets hurt in the first quarter of the Monday night game I totaly botched this week. I hate myself.