Home Metal Detecting
Options

spent the weekend camping at an old sporting camp site

Most of the buildings were either moved or destroyed in a heap. I can say this much, nobody lost any coins there but there were tons and tons of spent brass everywhere. I'd get a strong signal only to dig up a brass cartridge. One I found had never been fired, I figured the guy lost it in the snow or deep grass. Then I ventured out into the woods following a galvanized pipe that I thought might feed water to an outlying cabin. I lost track of the pipe after 50 yards or so then spotted an old outhouse that had been built perched over a steep embankment. It was tipping over and ready to go down the slide. The path to it and leading away had grown over with trees but there was still a faint resemblance of a well beaten path. Found a small nail and the "silvertip" of a large caliber bullet. I found a .33 caliber brass cartridge case, never heard of a .33 caliber before. Oh, I had to stop at a small general store on the way and as I approached the counter I spotted a $10 bill on the floor that had been stepped on many times as the folds were sharply creased. So aside from the good time camping all was not lost.
"If I had a nickel for every nickel I ever had, I'd have all my nickels back".

Comments

• Options
    metalmeistermetalmeister Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like fun getting out to unexplored places like that even if its just brass and iron.
    I found a folded $10 on the ground at starbucks last week
    email: ccacollectibles@yahoo.com

100% Positive BST transactions
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eyeball finds work just as well as MD finds...image The goodies at that old campsite were likely beneath the cabin 'piles'... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    cool...i wish i was camping in maine....hope you get out and find some goodies...hh
    "see ya at the beach"
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    DockwalliperDockwalliper Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭
    I found $25 in the street in front of my house last week. I picked it up and noticed my nephews name written on the $20.

Dang it. Who writes their name on their money?
  • Options
    Bayard1908Bayard1908 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭
    .33 Winchester has been obsolete since WWII. I'd go back to that site and try again.
  • Options
    guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,240 ✭✭✭

.33 mags are used by snipers now. watch out next time you go...image
    @ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • Options
    I swept it pretty clean. I also found out a bulldozer had scraped the ground too so all could be lost. Anyways, it's 22 mies back into the woods so it isn't a quick trip.
    "If I had a nickel for every nickel I ever had, I'd have all my nickels back".