Home Metal Detecting
Options

Old Orchard Beach, MN 2009

Spent a week there and had a great time looking for stuff. Found a nice ring (platinum, silver??) and a big silver peace sign earring. Found an electricians knife and a one hitter pot pipe that looked like a cigarette (both went to the trash). Almost everyone vacationing was Canadian but out of almost $10 in quarters, dimes, nickels and pennies I found only one Canadian cent. Thought this was odd. Either Canadian money is made from junk or Canadians are very careful with their change. Also found buried beer cans (full and empty), a ton of pop tops and a cool monster truck toy for the boys.

Comments

• Options
    pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭✭
    we need pics!
  • Options
    BillyKingsleyBillyKingsley Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭✭
    Now who would bury a full beer can? lol
    Billy Kingsley ANA R-3146356 Cardboard History // Numismatic History
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now finding FULL beer cans is worth the effort.... many a hot day I have wished for a cold one...image Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    laserartlaserart Posts: 2,255
    Where zackly is OOB MN?
    "If I had a nickel for every nickel I ever had, I'd have all my nickels back".
  • Options
    pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Where zackly is OOB MN? >>

I think he meant "Maine"...
  • Options
    marymmarym Posts: 713
    OOB is in my backyard! My first outing with the md was down the road on the Pine Point end of OOB where I found a man's white gold celtic wedding band. I was hooked image -Mary
    Be Still and Know
  • Options
    ah, old orchard....been years since i was there....we used to spend some time there in my youth enjoying the scene, bills pizza, vinegar fries, the pier, and all that goes with it....glad you found some goodies...hh
    "see ya at the beach"
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    Probably the best find was a hole in the wall with fresh soft shell lobster. Had it every night for a week. MMmm MMmm Good!!! My kids are starting to get hooked. I've actually never had as much luck as I had in OOB.
  • Options
    Hooked on metal detecting that is.
  • Options
    laserartlaserart Posts: 2,255
    So, it is OOB in Maine. I haven't been there in years and weeks. Most beaches around here prohibit detectors. I don't know why, but somebody somewhere thought it was a bad idea to let people onto the beach and possibly find sharp objects like 2 filet knives I found at Popham Beach, point up. Or maybe the dozens of other sharp metal objects that could hurt barefoot kids. Or old men too.
    "If I had a nickel for every nickel I ever had, I'd have all my nickels back".