Home Metal Detecting
Options

New White's Spectra V3 - Is it worth the price difference over the DFX?

jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
I see white's has a new detector, the Spectra V3. Is it that much different from the DFX?

Comments

• Options
    pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭✭
    From what I hear, the Spectra V3 is pretty sick. Try looking up some videos on Youtube showing its performance.

The Spectra V has a changed user interface where it is full color, and I believe they added another frequency or two for searching.

Also, look around for a better price. When I purchased my Minelab E-Trac, I bought it on eBay for what I thought was a good price. There was a later thread on Treasurenet.com where people apparently paid several hundred dollars less for their E-Trac. I believe it was Windy City Detectors Link here where the price was so much lower. Worth a call asking for the best price because I don't think they can show their best price online.

If you do end up with the Spec V, let us know what you think. I had to choose between that and the E-Trac. I ended up with the E-Trac.

• Options
    Take a Look: http://whiteselectronics.com/v3.html
    Click on: Documentation http://whiteselectronics.com/#tab5

Have fun

Jerry
    CROCK of COINS
    imageimage
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    According to field reports, on several forums, the V3 is definitely a super machine. Most are still in the learning curve, but moving along quickly. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    laserartlaserart Posts: 2,255

<< <i>From what I hear, the Spectra V3 is pretty sick. Try looking up some videos on Youtube showing its performance. >>

Did you mean SLICK?
    "If I had a nickel for every nickel I ever had, I'd have all my nickels back".
  • Options
    pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>From what I hear, the Spectra V3 is pretty sick. Try looking up some videos on Youtube showing its performance. >>

Did you mean SLICK? >>

Nope, meant sick. One of the best definitions from urbandictionary.com for "sick" is "crazy, cool, insane" - all good terms. image