Home Metal Detecting
Options

Fishing Spots

Does anyone here dig Fishing spots? I went fishing the other day and brought my MD just in case the bites were slow I'd have something to fall back on. Probably a lot of Junk fish hooks/sinkers & such in the areas but maybe some lost items.

I didn't find much time to MD but I picked it up for about 3 minutes. Found what resembles a Rock but its some type of metal. I will post pics later on.
Its all relative

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Water detecting in fishing spots can produce some great lures.... saw a bunch posted on the FMDF forum. Some of the older ones sell for big bucks from collectors. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hunt at a pay fishing lake. When I first started there, and I was the only one they let MD, I found hundreds of lead sinkers and lots of pocket change. I only found 1 sterling silver ring and no gold. I thought that I might hit some paydirt on the gold but not yet. I sold the good sinkers in our garage sale and sold the bad ones with my other lead at the recyclers.
  • Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    meteor?

They look like rocks but can be metalic

bob
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,265 ✭✭✭✭
    I've done some before... found my share of sinkers, split shots, lures and hooks. My favorites are the antique sinkers, they're actually pretty cool. When I get some time I'll take pics.
  • Options
    it's work if you are hunting a heavily fished spot...but you may find some classic old lures $$$$ and if nothing else, stock up the old tackle box with the basics....i will never have to buy, fishing weights, or crockodile lures ever again....last year i sold a bunch of weights/sinkers to the regulars at a local fishing spot....i made a little coin for my efforts and the boys got a deal on lead, a nescesssity to inlet and coastal water anglers....i got another bucket i need to bring down to the boys, i'm sure they have lost all the ones i sold em last year....plus....i removed a ton of lead from local waters, which is good, i always say....hh
    "see ya at the beach"
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    IS the Whites XLT metal detector water proof ? I thought you had to have a special detector to put that loop under water? Please explain how you do this.
    I had POSITIVE transactions with the following 31 members == Mach19 - Robkool - KollectorKing - ASUtodd - Coppercoins - Kalshacon - Whatsup - Commoncents05 - Cartwheel - Marmac - Thatoneguy - Collectorcoins - Delistamps - Bestmr - Cwazzy - Ajia - Nefprollc - Grote15 - Rampage - Grip - Rpmhunter - Chumley - 2272DavidG - Utahcoin - Cohodk - Ajbauman - Sportsmoderator1 - Sevensteps - Windycity - Pitboss - Starfish
  • Options
    WaltWalt Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭
    I would love to hit some old swimming holes, but nothing so far.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    'Most' coils are water proof.. the danger lies in either falling, dropping the machine or lifting the coil up so water runs down into the electronics. Also, many machines cannot handle wet sand (high feedback). Cheers, RickO