Home Precious Metals
Options

Palladium almost at a 12-month high

WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
Precipitous fall around September of last year, it's been down below that plummet ever since:

Looks like it's been about 5 years since it was significantly below its current price:

Minor bump, good time to buy, or did you already miss the boat?

We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
--Severian the Lame

Comments

• Options
    carscars Posts: 1,904
    I've got mine image Average price $246
    Its all relative
  • Options
    JeremyDie1JeremyDie1 Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭
    I like palladium. Been buying my fair share since March. I have not looked for any pd for a couple weeks but if you can still find a reasonable bin on ebay, I would not hestitate. Been some good deals with the ebay bucks,big crumbs and bing cash back and the final price resulting under spot.
  • Options

<< <i>I've got mine image Average price $246[/q

That's a good average price.
  • Options

<< <i>Precipitous fall around September of last year, it's been down below that plummet ever since:

Looks like it's been about 5 years since it was significantly below its current price:

Minor bump, good time to buy, or did you already miss the boat?

image[/q

It appears that charting it out Palladium is in a definite uptrend.
  • Options
    If I didn't have the amount of Palladium that I do I'd still be picking some up here and there.
    One thing I've noticed locally is that Palladium can be very tough to find and usually they have to order it in, of course Palladium is much rarer than Gold and on par with Platinum so maybe people should be hoarding it instead???
  • Options
    WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice bump for Palladium this morning, too.

We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • Options

<< <i>Nice bump for Palladium this morning, too.

image >>

I would think that if Platinum keeps going up that some consumers would switch to palladium especially car manufacturers such as India's Tata motors or the Chinese car companies.
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,215 ✭✭✭✭✭
    sold all mine last year at 541.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>sold all mine last year at 541. >>

Excellent move, but did you purchase any during the downturn? That would have been an even greater move.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,215 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>sold all mine last year at 541. >>

Excellent move, but did you purchase any during the downturn? That would have been an even greater move. >>

No, put it all (a lot!) in 08w Unc. buffs and eagles before the mint sold out. Graded and flipped all those and am currently playing some jr. miners and commodity ETFs with a Scottrade account. So far doing OK, but looking for an entry point in PMS with my Kitco pool account.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    Appears I'd better wait a while before buying.
    Remember, I'm pullen for ya; we're all in this together.---Red Green---
  • Options
    It'll drop back to $240's within the next few weeks but you'll still have to pay $280 +/-
    Its all relative
  • Options

<< <i>It'll drop back to $240's within the next few weeks but you'll still have to pay $280 +/- >>

If the dollar keeps weakening Palladium, Platinum, Gold and Silver will all keep going up and if the CTFC actually limits the amount of naked shorts in the precious metal market you would see some real fireworks.
  • Options
    secondrepublicsecondrepublic Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭
    Nice little run the last few weeks, but still a long way to go.
    "Men who had never shown any ability to make or increase fortunes for themselves abounded in brilliant plans for creating and increasing wealth for the country at large." Fiat Money Inflation in France, Andrew Dickson White (1912)