Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

PSA Submissions mixing services - What a joke?!

Does everyone know that if you get a slab that is cracked in the mail and you want to get it reholdered, that you cannot submit it with your psa submission?
It is considered a "SEPERATE SERVICE", and because it is a "SEPERATE SERVICE", you need to pay for it seperately and it has to ship back to you seperately.

They then charge $16.50 to ship it back to you instead of just shipping it back with your order.

Is there any sense to this non-sense?

I think this is the last straw with me and PSA submissions.

Comments

• cwazzycwazzy Posts: 3,257
    I did know this. It's written on the form. How does SGC handle this? I honestly don't know. image
    Chris
    My small collection
    Want List:
    '61 Topps Roy Campanella in PSA 5-7
    Cardinal T206 cards
    Adam Wainwright GU Jersey
  • swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    I think that is why someone on this board was trying to do a "group reholder"

dont know if it ever happened...

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • slantycouchslantycouch Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭
    If you complain they'll give you vouchers for the shipping.

• << <i>If you complain they'll give you vouchers for the shipping. >>

Sounds like a good policy model to follow.

• << <i>If you complain they'll give you vouchers for the shipping. >>

How do you know? Did that happen to you?
    Yup. Happened once with cracked holders, and once with a mechanical error.

• << <i>and once with a mechanical error. >>

I have sent in mechanical errors with a sub and never had any problem. A cracked slab is technically not PSA's fault or at least you have no way of proving it was their fault.

<< <i>

<< <i>and once with a mechanical error. >>

I have sent in mechanical errors with a sub and never had any problem. A cracked slab is technically not PSA's fault or at least you have no way of proving it was their fault. >>

I agree, but if it arrives cracked, it should have been insured against breakage... so they at least owe a no cost replacement because they can file a claim and get that $ back.
  • CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070
    When you pay for the shipping and insurance from PSA, the USPS is insuring it. You should pay for the reholder, and if you have a beef about it, that's why you paid USPS for the insurance in the first place.

<< <i>When you pay for the shipping and insurance from PSA, the USPS is insuring it. You should pay for the reholder, and if you have a beef about it, that's why you paid USPS for the insurance in the first place. >>

So the person receiving the card should have to pay for the cracked slab? Because technically you paid PSA to pay USPS to insure it when they returned your items.

If they're damaged on the way to PSA, the submitter is accountable for handling the insurance claim. If they're damaged from PSA to the submitter, PSA should be accountable for the insurance.
  • Forget how i got the card. I did not get it directly from PSA.

I am just talking about having to pay $16.50 to pay for it to be shipped back seperately from a PSA submission I sent it with.

If you have a card with a cracked slab, you cannot send it in with a psa submission in hopes of having your card reslabbed without having to pay $16.50 additional to have it shipped back seperately.

<< <i>Forget how i got the card. I did not get it directly from PSA. >>

Actually that makes a HUGE difference in this scenario.

I stand by what I said above, but I said it with the assumption that you received the cracked holder FROM PSA. I thought the crack happened when the cards were being returned from PSA.

My fault.

Now that I understand the situation, I agree with what cnote said.
  • CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070
    And, if you don't like paying $16.50, ask your employer if you can use their Fedex acct- that's how I always get my stuff shipped back. Instead of paying hundreds of bucks to get my 400 card sub back, it was $50
  • pdub1819pdub1819 Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭✭
    PSA once put two of my Clemente's in the wrong slabs. I didn't even notice till months later, after a little e-mailing, I brought my cards to their Friday grading days and they took them back and also sent me a voucher for a free grade in the mail. Now I'm looking for a good deal on raw Clemente's...57,58,59, 62, 63, 64, 65, 68....
  • ndleondleo Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BGS will send back re-cases or other holder services back with a grading order. SGC does the same thing.

I never understood why it is so hard for PSA to do the same thing.
    Mike
  • mtcardsmtcards Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭
    PSA needs to be able to combine shipping charges, with turnaround time based on the SLOWEST time.

For example... you send in July special, two $15 10 day specials and a $30 express grading ( Because your card books for $1k, not because you want it back fast). You should have the option to get all three subs back in one package, IF you are willing to wait on the July special turnaround.

This would benefit everyone. I have a couple of memorabilia cards and some autos, I wouldnt mind sending in, but Im NOT going to send in 4 of each and pay the ridiculous USPS registered charge for each sub. I therefore only send in the special sub and do not send in the others with it. PSA loses a handful of cards I want graded. Granted, they probably do not care about losing 5-10 cards of business, but do that a thousand times over and its a major loss.
    IT IS ALWAYS CHEAPER TO NOT SELL ON EBAY
  • WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Sorry this happened to you, whatever happened with that Raw Koufax you bought?

Steve
    Good for you.
  • WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    It may be wiser to simply send that card in as part of an order by using the review service.

You will pay 4.50 plus whatever the shipping pro rates to, plus of course a reslab fee (if it fails the review) If it passes you don't pay.

Also, if the card is high end for the grade crack it out and send it in raw with your order. (no reslab fee)

Of course all this depends on if you are doing an order. Which the way you wrote your OP it appears you are.

Steve

Good for you.